Eddie Trunk says to expect "something special" at tonight's Dodgers Stadium gig

2 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

If Adler doesn't play tonight, then Eddie Trunk's word is absolutely worthless to me. I don't put much stock in what he says anyway, but he's done all but come right out and say Adler will appear tonight. If he doesn't, Trunk is gonna have serious egg on his face...

Yeah he is just like Mick Wall, they all are full of shit.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Come on, don't rag on @Modano09 for stating his opinion. I think what he's trying to say is, if they want to do something "special" in LA, they could do something more exciting than Adler since he's already appeared with the band on this tour. And if that's the case...I sort of agree. That's not to say it wouldn't be cool if he was there tonight, but it wouldn't be a big surprise or anything.

Exactly. It's LA, it's Dodger Stadium, it's Axl/Slash/Duff together for the first time in 20 years, it's being filmed for DVD....Adler, who's already appeared twice and isn't a well-known member, isn't "something special". Izzy, or a new song, or a new album announcement, or playing an album start to finish, that would be special. 

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

Exactly. It's LA, it's Dodger Stadium, it's Axl/Slash/Duff together for the first time in 20 years, it's being filmed for DVD....Adler, who's already appeared twice and isn't a well-known member, isn't "something special". Izzy, or a new song, or a new album announcement, or playing an album start to finish, that would be special. 

Yes that would be special

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

Adler is a well known member to anyone that would give a shit about Izzy.

4 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Bullshit it's not "something special". Anytime the original members play together it's special. Especially in this situation

Anyone who doesn't think Adler showing up to play with GNR in front of thousands of fans in Los Angeles is special is fucking mental.  Tonight was one of the best concerts I have ever seen and Popcorn playing some Appetite songs made it very special to me

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Anyone who doesn't think Adler showing up to play with GNR in front of thousands of fans in Los Angeles is special, is fucking mental.  Tonight was one of the best concerts I have ever seen and Popcorn playing some Appetite songs made it very special

Out of likes, but this 100%!

• Like 1

AFD 30th (or 31st because I could see it happening in 2018) will probably be a residency or Hollywood Bowl for 2 nights but it depends how long they stretch this tour out and if new music is going to come out, plus they're still going to try to outdo themselves on the world tour.  

7 hours ago, andy_rose said:

Out of likes, but this 100%!

i kept my expectations low. some people thought it would be a full AFD5 reunion but in reality i didn't see this happening. oh and i'm not saying Steven was a low expectation, i just didn't expect he would show. and i was very pleased when he did. his happiness is infectious to me. i would have loved to see them let him do a few more songs, especially if one had been Nightrain :)

16 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Anyone who doesn't think Adler showing up to play with GNR in front of thousands of fans in Los Angeles is special is fucking mental.  Tonight was one of the best concerts I have ever seen and Popcorn playing some Appetite songs made it very special to me

Yup. I was at the Nashville show but I haven't been keeping up with his appearances since then and figured he had played every show after mine. After I read today that there's only been like, three (or four?) appearances... I really consider myself lucky. It's definitely special.

Edited by Nintari