Guns N' Roses - New Zealand Tour 2017

12 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Think I'll be safe with the general sale? Did you end up getting Nightrain membership? Doesn't seem to be available now

Nevermind I see there's a presale the day after tomorrow on Ticketek

The presale on the 24th is for Nightrain members I believe. 

I just purchased my nightrain membership now as ticketek & ticketmaster have let me down so many times with sporting and music events here. Will probably only be getting 2 to both Akld & Welly, so frees me up to grab one or two extras if you want me to hook you up. 

Pretty sure you'll be sweet though, its generally only the smaller venues that are gone in moments.

45 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Think I'll be safe with the general sale? Did you end up getting Nightrain membership? Doesn't seem to be available now

Nevermind I see there's a presale the day after tomorrow on Ticketek

15 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

You think with the general sale I'll still be able to buy good tickets to Western Springs though? I'm thinking of a front or at least 2nd front section ticket

*Panic mode already activated, no turning back* lol

Yeah there's a few presales you can sign up for on The Rock, The Sound, and More FM, and then there's also the Ticketmaster presale. So four including nightrain before the general sale. 

I reckon if you hit all of these presales I'm sure you'll get the ticket(s) you want before the general sale easy peasy. Western Springs is a big place after all! And I'm sure with the prices it'll take most casual fans a while to save/decide if they're going. If it were just the one date at Western Springs i'd be more worried, but demand should kind of plateau a bit with another stadium gig on the same island! 

You gonna try hit both gigs? Or do any V.I.P package sort of thing?

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

Thanks for letting me know, I'll sign up for those, signing up for Ticketmaster now. What's the capacity of Western Springs?

Fuck V.I.P. too skint anyway lol. I will try and go to cheap seats in Wellington if possible but transport is probably an issue so likely can't, if I can get good seats to Western Springs I'll be a happy chappy

There were 60,000 at Eminem recently. But that was pretty much all GA, I imagine if the configuration is the same as the Aussie tour it will be more like 50,000.

I'm in the exact same boat with the Wellington gig, will be stoked to get a decent spot at Western Springs

Yeah I think in a country with a population like ours casual fans are quite important for stadium gigs like this. Classic Guns are huge here though, majority of The Rock's listeners, for example, will likely consider going - GNR always win the rock 1000. 

Lucky for us, casual fans in NZ like to get extremely fucked up and rowdy so our crowd should look good regardless :)

22 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Thanks for letting me know, I'll sign up for those, signing up for Ticketmaster now. What's the capacity of Western Springs?

Fuck V.I.P. too skint anyway lol. I will try and go to cheap seats in Wellington if possible but transport is probably an issue so likely can't, if I can get good seats to Western Springs I'll be a happy chappy

Just realised the show is 5months away and not as soon as tickets are on sale lol, so who knows, maybe I can go to Wellington cheap seats also

I don't think Wellington will sell out, or if it does, there will be heaps of room to move about and stuff. Been to a few "sold out" gigs there and it's always no where near full. ACDC is an example.

I'm Auckland based, but got ties to Wellington.

You should be sweet with general sale, so long as you're in early so can pick you're spot(s). I've found with rugby and stuff and it's easier to use your phone and phone network, and not your computer and home/work network. Or do both, but ensure you're only logged in on one and not both (that's poked me in the past).

I'll be grabbing mine tomorrow once presale open, so more than happy to snap you up a few (assuming it allows me to get more than 2 to each show, and in different spots - I'll just be going for standing/pit/whatever its called).

VIP is super pricey, but I've not seen anything on the forums suggesting it's worth it. Could be wrong though.

37 minutes ago, cremefraiche said:

Prices on Ticketek keep changing ever so slightly, and now the V.I.P options have disappeared so might pay to keep an eye on the most up to date prices before ya hit any pre-sale action :)

Still no prices or map up for Western Springs on Ticketmaster

He VIP package prices are being finalised as we speak

image.png

2 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Team, it's probably simple, however I cannot see the price for the vipg pit section? Any ideas as to what package it refers to? 

There were VIP prices up for the Wellington show that I posted above, but have since been taken down.

The VIP pit section is part of the Welcome To The Jungle VIP Pit Experience Package, if that's what you mean? Before the prices were removed it said $700 

hope that helped :)

15 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

@cremefraiche @jimisbatman @Appetitefordestruction55 @hudsonsaul

Hey guys (and any other kiwis who see this) I can't currently see the prices for Western Springs because I'm not a Nightrain member so can't view the presale on ticketmaster, can someone who is please tell me urgently the price for 2 tickets in the Premium Terrace General Admission and the price for 2 tickets in the Gold General Admission Standing ??????

Thanks

Hey man, Terrace GA Standing are $229 each, and Gold GA Standing are $199 each :)

found that by clicking on 'price range' just under the event description

10 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I really hope they still do Coma

Yeah I've been a little worried they might get bored of the setlist before they get here! Hopefully not though, even though I'm familiar enough with it at this point it'd be nice to see it all live before they switch it up

Got Diamond GA for Auckland. 

Didn't end up buying Wellington ones, as prices are ridiculous and layout is weird as - particularly for a venue that isn't good for music. Will be very interesting to see how sales go, I can see the far back of stadium (The few sections at $90ish) selling fast, but the rest, must not sure. I;m lucky to be in the higher range bracket of earners/income in NZ and think its way too pricey to both buy a decent ticket, and travel, and sort accommodation. And that's coming from a GnR geek, so casual/old/semi interested fans I can see forking out for it. TIme will tell tho.

6 minutes ago, hudsonsaul said:

Got Diamond GA for Auckland. 

Didn't end up buying Wellington ones, as prices are ridiculous and layout is weird as - particularly for a venue that isn't good for music. Will be very interesting to see how sales go, I can see the far back of stadium (The few sections at $90ish) selling fast, but the rest, must not sure. I;m lucky to be in the higher range bracket of earners/income in NZ and think its way too pricey to both buy a decent ticket, and travel, and sort accommodation. And that's coming from a GnR geek, so casual/old/semi interested fans I can see forking out for it. TIme will tell tho.

Yeah I gotta agree, I can't see many casual fans excitedly spending $200 per ticket to be what is on paper 'behind two sections already.'

For a big fan who is willing to wait all day or push to get the best spot, I think Gold GA is probably the best option all things considered (money etc). But I think the casuals won't wanna pay more than 150ish. who knows though, maybe i'm underestimating the fanbase here?

As far as sales go, i would have put the welly gig in christchurch or dunedin instead to spread out the markets/demand a bit more.

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Nice one mate. I wonder how much lithographs will be? Yeah the prices are absurd, the perils of rock and roll decadence aye? At the moment I only have money for Auckland tickets and all the costs that go with it, if there are still tickets for Wellington later on then I'll go to that show too 

Same boat here. I don't think anything will sell out til at least xmas time at the earliest, if at all. So hopefully we can find some last minute wellington tix! 

I reckon lithos will be $45 - $55 at the most

• Like 1