Axl/DC audio request

estrangedtwat

On 8/31/2016 at 11:13 AM, Powerage5 said:

Honestly, if you haven't found an AC/DC show from this year that you think sounds good then your standards are probably too high. Every Axl/DC show I've got is great quality, except for London. But Marseille, Werchter, Manchester, Aarhus, and Düsseldorf are all great. 

Do any of them sound anywhere close to a live CD that a band would release?

Maybe my standards are to high but I can't stand when the vocals are to low or any other instrument is overpowering or underheard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

Maybe my standards are to high but I can't stand when the vocals are to low or any other instrument is overpowering or underheard.

No, but you're never going to find that out of anything except soundboard recordings.

The thing is, audience recordings are never going to have a balanced mix as well as an official release; the reality is audience recordings are going to capture the sound as it is projected in the venue, which is never as balanced as a mixed live release. Acoustics can affect the house mix greatly no matter what type of venue; certain frequencies will carry better than others, etc.

10 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

No, but you're never going to find that out of anything except soundboard recordings.

The thing is, audience recordings are never going to have a balanced mix as well as an official release; the reality is audience recordings are going to capture the sound as it is projected in the venue, which is never as balanced as a mixed live release. Acoustics can affect the house mix greatly no matter what type of venue; certain frequencies will carry better than others, etc.

I see I see, how do you get soundboard recordings? Because that was what I was wondering why do no shows from this year sound like boston 2002 or shows like that. Why do we have so many soundboard recordings a couple years ago but not now.

3 hours ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

I know what you mean and that annoys me too. So far, the only one from Axl/DC I have found to have listenable vocals is the Marseille one.

From GNR, the Vegas ones are really good and the Philadelphia show.

4 minutes ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

I see I see, how do you get soundboard recordings? Because that was what I was wondering why do no shows from this year sound like boston 2002 or shows like that. Why do we have so many soundboard recordings a couple years ago but not now.

The short answer is, you don't. 

The long answer is, there's a few sources where they come from, but the nature of soundboard recordings ensure virtually none get out that that shouldn't be. The most common source for soundboard recordings would be broadcasts, either on radio or on TV. Still, many bands don't allow broadcast of any of their shows. A good number of the circulating GN'R soundboards from the 80's and 90's are FM sourced. Beyond that, soundboard recordings essentially have to come from someone "in the know". Someone has to leak them, much like unreleased tracks get leaked. This virtually never happens anymore, as it's too easy to trace it back to someone. Then there's the quasi-SBD recordings, with IEM recordings being the most common. IEM recordings are sourced off the in ear monitors for the artist. The short explanation is, the monitor mixes are broadcast to an artist's in ear monitors via radio signal. If you know what frequency they're broadcasting the feed on, you can tap into it and record it. If you do this for multiple IEMs, you have a simulated soundboard. 

As for GN'R's 2002 soundboards, I believe all of those got stolen or something during the Philly riot. We were never really meant to hear any of those.

• Like 1

On 03/09/2016 at 0:45 AM, StoneTempleRoses said:

If you want GN'R soundboards you merely need to kit yourself as a ninja, with a rope and safe-cracking equipment and visit a certain Malibu mansion. Remember to release Paul Tobias while your at it.

On 9/4/2016 at 8:07 PM, Powerage5 said:

ar monitors for the artist. The short explanation is, the monitor mixes are broadcast to an artist's in ear monitors via radio signal. If you know what frequency they're broadcasting the feed on, you can tap into it and record it. If you do this for multiple IEMs, you have a simulated soundboard. 

9 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Check this one out fellas best one so far i reckon was Werchter (Limulus)

AXL/DC - 2016-08-30 BB&T Center, Sunrise, FL-FLAC (16 44) [MISTERBUNGLE]

Can you please convert to MP3 for me and the above poster? I would be very greatfull.

• Like 1