Whats next for ac/dc?

GN'R MEX

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2016 at 3:36 PM, James Bond said:

It's crazy to think that from the beginning of the Rock or Bust sessions in January 2014 to now we've lost every member except for Angus. 

Interestingly, this could lead to a quicker turn around for Angus releasing an album - no way will he wait six to eight years again.

indeed!

5 hours ago, liers said:

Has it been confirmed yet that Axl will continue with ACDC?

It hasn't even been confirmed that AC/DC will continue, period.

4 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Duff should. 

Absolutely not. First off, at that point AC/DC would be more GN'R than AC/DC. Second, I don't think Duff would enjoy the "stand next to the drum riser and take eight steps when he needs to do backing vocals" that comes with being the bassist in AC/DC. Speaking of which, I think his voice is too distinctive to fit the AC/DC backing vocal sound.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Absolutely not. First off, at that point AC/DC would be more GN'R than AC/DC. Second, I don't think Duff would enjoy the "stand next to the drum riser and take eight steps when he needs to do backing vocals" that comes with being the bassist in AC/DC. Speaking of which, I think his voice is too distinctive to fit the AC/DC backing vocal sound.

I am not a hardcore AC/DC fan, so any bassist would do for me, but when it comes to Tommy, it will be just weird. 

I took Duff's name cause he has this rockstar imagine and basically moves around stage unlike Cliff and Malcolm/Stevie who just stand next to the drum riser, I always found it weird, I go like MOVE MOVE! 

If Duff joins, then I don't think so Duff will be told that you have to stand at a specific position and not move around, I guess he will have that freedom. 

2 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I am not a hardcore AC/DC fan, so any bassist would do for me, but when it comes to Tommy, it will be just weird. 

I took Duff's name cause he has this rockstar imagine and basically moves around stage unlike Cliff and Malcolm/Stevie who just stand next to the drum riser, I always found it weird, I go like MOVE MOVE! 

If Duff joins, then I don't think so Duff will be told that you have to stand at a specific position and not move around, I guess he will have that freedom. 

Yes, he will. That's a core fundamental for AC/DC. Malcolm/Stevie/Cliff don't move around the stage just because they don't feel like it; it was a core belief of Malcolm that the rhythm section should be together at all times to be able to keep in check and communicate with one another. And it works - you won't find a tighter rhythm section in any rock band than AC/DC. You throw that idea out the window, and what you have is fundamentally no longer AC/DC. 

I'm not advocating for Tommy either. I don't know who I want. But I trust Angus to pick the right man when/if the time comes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Yes, he will. That's a core fundamental for AC/DC. Malcolm/Stevie/Cliff don't move around the stage just because they don't feel like it; it was a core belief of Malcolm that the rhythm section should be together at all times to be able to keep in check and communicate with one another. And it works - you won't find a tighter rhythm section in any rock band than AC/DC. You throw that idea out the window, and what you have is fundamentally no longer AC/DC. 

I'm not advocating for Tommy either. I don't know who I want. But I trust Angus to pick the right man when/if the time comes.

Exactly this. They took the traditional rhythm section approach of the early blues and jazz bands where the musicians literally lock together.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shocker said:

I don`t think it will be Duff.  Duff is height 6`3.  Angus is about 5`2. It will look weird to see those two on the stage togheter.

If they gonna hire a well known bass player it could be Michael Anthony (Van Halen) or Scott Ian (Anthrax)

Scott Ian isn't a bassist...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2016 at 10:18 AM, Powerage5 said:

100% agreed!

• 4 weeks later...

After seeing the new dates and GnR heading back to America it looks to me as if they are playing everywhere this tour because they know its a one off. Hope i'm wrong but it just seems they are trying to get as many dates as they can as quick as they can. No reason if they couldn't have stopped after Europe and went to record with a tour to support. Im heading to Paris to see a NITLT but its going to be hard for Axl to top what i seen in the summer. Think i'm setting myself up for disappointment from Axl if i'm honest 

Edited by Mark1989
Tyop

4 minutes ago, Mark1989 said:

After seeing the new dates and GnR heading back to America it looks to me as if they are playing everywhere this tour because they know its a one off. Hope i'm wrong but it just seems they are trying to get as many dates as they can as quick as they can. No reason if they couldn't have stopped after Europe and went to record with a tour to support. Im heading to Paris to see a NITLT but its going to be hard for Axl to top what i seen in the summer. Think i'm setting myself up for disappointment from Axl if i'm honest 

It's their first major tour since 1993 and they stand to make some serious coin from touring every market they can, including those additional North American stops (all markets that were missed on the first go). There's no reason to think that Axl has nothing planned for Guns after it or that his commitment to Angus and AC/DC is getting in the way of the future of Guns. That would imply that in 2015 Axl knew that he'd be fronting AC/DC the following year and decided to give a final go with Slash and so on. Highly unlikely. NITL is just a big tour - that's all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

It's their first major tour since 1993 and they stand to make some serious coin from touring every market they can, including those additional North American stops (all markets that were missed on the first go). There's no reason to think that Axl has nothing planned for Guns after it or that his commitment to Angus and AC/DC is getting in the way of the future of Guns. That would imply that in 2015 Axl knew that he'd be fronting AC/DC the following year and decided to give a final go with Slash and so on. Highly unlikely. NITL is just a big tour - that's all.

i'd love for Axl/DC to tour again and come anywhere NEAR where i am. i missed out :(

Is it possible GNR might be finished/on Hiatus in 2018/early 2019 and we will get an extensive 2018/19 Axl/DC world tour with a new bass player ???. Axl/Dc for Slane 2018 

What about a 2018/19 Acdc/GNR supergroup tour ???.

Axl- vocals

Angus- Lead Guitar

Slash- Lead Guitar

Stevie Young- Rhythem Guitar

Duff- Bass

Chris Slade- Drums

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...