Whats next for ac/dc?

GN'R MEX

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, shocker said:

So Axl refuce to reveal any future plans?

That`s pretty much like Angus Young`s attitude.

It could be a good sign. Maybe something is going on then. Angus has probably instructed Axl not to talk to the press about it.

maybe. they seem a lot alike. maybe that's why they are besties :P

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

• 3 months later...

after this GN'R tour i think Axl needs to REST! from reports here and other gnr forums i am on i keep reading his voice sounds pretty shot right now which i what i was afraid of. so please Axl do NOT go on an AC/DC tour after NITL ends. i know Angus might be ready but IMO Axl needs to rest himself and his instrument...his wonderful voice!

8 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

after this GN'R tour i think Axl needs to REST! from reports here and other gnr forums i am on i keep reading his voice sounds pretty shot right now which i what i was afraid of. so please Axl do NOT go on an AC/DC tour after NITL ends. i know Angus might be ready but IMO Axl needs to rest himself and his instrument...his wonderful voice!

Watch that Billy Joel performance from the other night. He sounded better on that then the entirety of the 2017 shows! Apparently the trend of AXL/DC vocal performance is still alive and well.

4 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Watch that Billy Joel performance from the other night. He sounded better on that then the entirety of the 2017 shows! Apparently the trend of AXL/DC vocal performance is still alive and well.

i hope so i really do. just some of the posts i am seeing and like i said not just on this forum. i have given up on periscopes and trying to find their current concerts on youtube. i really want to see GN'R in top form...as i said this may be the last GN'R concert i see unless hell freezes over and the AFD5 reunite and then that i WILL go to. 

so weird, someone i worked with long ago and who is still a FB friend is at the GN'R concert in Minneapolis right now!

9 hours ago, Mark1989 said:

I agree too. I thought that was his best performance of HTH. Has he still been practicing ACDC material haha 

:shrugs:  who knows?? maybe this IS his last tour of anything. blow his voice out completely so he has a reason not to tour. this NITL should net him a lot. maybe he'll open the vaults and make more money then take off for a private island.

or he may tour and tour and tour til he can't anymore. Axl is an enigma to say the least IMO anyway...

2 hours ago, ramsey said:

Not sure if you guys have had the opportunity to see GNR on NITL, but all of the concern about his voice completely disappears and the magic overtakes you 

yes the magic does take over! saw them in Vegas 4-8-16 and magic is the perfect word! cannot wait til November in Oakland :wub:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yes the magic does take over! saw them in Vegas 4-8-16 and magic is the perfect word! cannot wait til November in Oakland :wub:

I'm doing Denver tomorrow, Vancouver in a month or so, then Vegas and then each LA show. CAN'T F'IN WAIT. Just saw them in London too. So fucking good. They were amazing at Coachella and Dodger stadium last year but omg the london gig was next level. Can't wait to see what they start pulling out of the hat at these shows

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ramsey said:

Singing one song with your full voice is very different than sustaining your voice for ~3hrs....

If comparing full set to full set the cadence, pitch and breathing for singing ACDC vs GNR is also quite a bit different 

That will lead to differences in the sound of the singers voice, the fans then all interpret this however they want

Axl has done plenty to earn the chip many carry on their shoulder but goddamn he's a human bein'. Can only imagine how much hard work, preparation and careful maintenance it takes to do those insane sets as often as they are...all while being his age

Not sure if you guys have had the opportunity to see GNR on NITL, but all of the concern about his voice completely disappears and the magic overtakes you 

I pray he does another stint with AC/DC. Missed the first one and still kicking myself. 

I don't deny that one song is different than a full set. My comment was a direct response to AxlsFavoriteRose's fear that Axl's voice was shot. Whether it's conservation with Guns or a comfort thing, who knows. At the very least we know it's still there.

Ironically Highway To Hell was often a "Mickey" song during the initial AXL/DC stint which makes the Joel performance all the more impressive since it was probably his best ever shot at the song.

Spoiler Alert, we are halfway through the album/tour cycle that ACDC sticks to, assuming they're a bit more productive with Axl than Brian. New album deets and new bass player deets in the spring is my guess, new album could even be done by winter and released in spring if Axl already worked on it, rock or bust was done very quickly with older ideas.

10 hours ago, ramsey said:

I'm doing Denver tomorrow, Vancouver in a month or so, then Vegas and then each LA show. CAN'T F'IN WAIT. Just saw them in London too. So fucking good. They were amazing at Coachella and Dodger stadium last year but omg the london gig was next level. Can't wait to see what they start pulling out of the hat at these shows

wow you must have been close at Coachella, looking at the periscopes a lot of people didn't hang around til the end. i thought of Coachella but it just didn't work out...thank God for Vegas!

18 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Do you think Angus's guest appearances are just cover for when he is working on material with Axl? 

This is what I was secretly hoping :lol:

I think so honestly, ACDC tracks full albums in weeks, vocals literally probably wouldn't take more than a week themselves, and it would explain him holding back the Europe leg, can't have the ole voice getting worn out and sounding croaky while tracking.

Plus it's sorta common knowledge that Angus wanted acdc to do more pre-Axl

1 hour ago, Cory Trevor said:

I think so honestly, ACDC tracks full albums in weeks, vocals literally probably wouldn't take more than a week themselves, and it would explain him holding back the Europe leg, can't have the ole voice getting worn out and sounding croaky while tracking.

Plus it's sorta common knowledge that Angus wanted acdc to do more pre-Axl

I hope he doesn't go all out to impress his new boss and record vocals that he cannot  maintain on a two year tour, that is my concern. 

Sneaky, holding back on the vocals for the GnR Euro tour :max:

(I still had a great time in London though :P