Whats next for ac/dc?

GN'R MEX

3 minutes ago, shocker said:

What happend to the rumored co-headlining tour with GNR and AC/DC?

Axl was supposed to front both bands.

Imagine what a massive success that tour would be.

That was not even a proper rumor, just some people discussing what IF something like that happens.

I don't think so it will happen. 

Quite a few people who I know hat have spoken to people with the band say Angus doesn't want to call it a day. Even as recently as the NC show. What you've got to remember is since the Axl era started we've had Slade say Angus is not thinking of retiring. We even have Angus saying in an interview he hopes to have new ACDC album out. Axl talked about possible working with Angus in the future. They knew since the tour started that Cliff was away.Only that RS interview puts a few doubts but in reality Angus was never going to let anything slip. ACDC have always said just see what happens after the tour for the last 20 years. I think it's more if Axl wants to be involved and orgisining it around GnR. imo Angus should go on. Oh and he will nevr drop the name AC/DC

• Like 1

21 hours ago, shocker said:

What happend to the rumored co-headlining tour with GNR and AC/DC?

Axl was supposed to front both bands.

Imagine what a massive success that tour would be.

People made that up out of something ridiculous that Axls manager said on Instagram. He said "two small bands one big voice, can't wait to see the boys together again" or words to that effect. He meant he was looking forward to Axl going back to guns, but people let themselves get carried away and speculated it meant ALL of them together, both bands :/ lol

10 minutes ago, shocker said:

But still such a tour would been massive. GNR and AC/DC together could probably sold out every stadium in America, Europe, Japan and Australia.

I think so too, and would mean they could easily sort out tour dates then, as AC/DC wouldn't have to worry about GNR tour dates. I like the idea of a touring festival type thing, like what the Ozzfest does. They can take along some lesser bands and have a two day thing.

I don't think one could open for the other, they're both too big and Axl couldn't hack singing for four - five hours. 

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I think so too, and would mean they could easily sort out tour dates then, as AC/DC wouldn't have to worry about GNR tour dates. I like the idea of a touring festival type thing, like what the Ozzfest does. They can take along some lesser bands and have a two day thing.

I don't think one could open for the other, they're both too big and Axl couldn't hack singing for four - five hours. 

It would only been possible if both bands reduced their set lists or it would be too much work for Axl.

1 minute ago, Slash787 said:

But do you think Agnus will release an album in the next 2 years? I don't think so.

If you see their past track record, one album in like 5 to 8 years?

So IF an AC/DC album happens, I don't see it coming out before 2019. 

I think it would be sooner than ACDC's 5/8 years. imo the long wait the last 15 years was down to Cliffs hand, Mals illness. Also Brian and Cliff have always wanted to do other things other than ACDC. They have never been ones for long tours the last decade or so. If the people in the band now are 100 percent behind touring and recording I see no reason why an album count be out in 2 years. Ofc its all speculation  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark1989 said:

I think it would be sooner than ACDC's 5/8 years. imo the long wait the last 15 years was down to Cliffs hand, Mals illness. Also Brian and Cliff have always wanted to do other things other than ACDC. They have never been ones for long tours the last decade or so. If the people in the band now are 100 percent behind touring and recording I see no reason why an album count be out in 2 years. Ofc its all speculation  

Yeah but the question remains, who will be on the Bass? 

Who needs an album to tour their back catalogue?

Ask Axl :lol:

Realistically, Axl is tied up with guns n roses for the next 18 months minimum. 

Angus could get to work on new music in that time, he might be able to get Axl to just sing on a new album. Axl seems to do as he's told be Angus, if he tells him to just get his ass in the studio and sing what Angus wants him to, I can see him doing that. 

Guns N Roses is more complicated. Imo.

18 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Who needs an album to tour their back catalogue?

Ask Axl :lol:

Realistically, Axl is tied up with guns n roses for the next 18 months minimum. 

Angus could get to work on new music in that time, he might be able to get Axl to just sing on a new album. Axl seems to do as he's told be Angus, if he tells him to just get his ass in the studio and sing what Angus wants him to, I can see him doing that. 

Guns N Roses is more complicated. Imo.

Axl works best when he is not in charge.

IF Agnus wanted to record a new AC/DC album with Axl in the next 2 months. Agnus will easily drag Axl's ass to the studio and make him record the vocals. But in GNR for the next 5 years  Axl would not even record vocals on his own.

• Like 1

I think the only way AC/DC continues is with Axl, and I'm not sure that would last past one album. Their current lineup is the most forgivable when it comes to replacements. They have people that have been in the band before (even if just briefly). I think with Cliff leaving, the band just doesn't become very recognizable to die hard fans. They will start to take a hit with ticket sales. They would probably still do alright, but not as well as currently. We have to remember that these current dates are rescheduled shows, so they were advertised with Brian originally and did alright. I had 0 problem getting tickets to Columbus yesterday. A LOT of upper section tickets available.

On September 2, 2016 at 6:29 AM, Slash787 said:

Yeah but the question remains, who will be on the Bass? 

I can think of a tall blonde badass who just happens to be friends with the ginger. AC/DC fans would really like Duff once they get to know him. One of the coolest dudes in rock and roll. 

3 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I can think of a tall blonde badass who just happens to be friends with the ginger. AC/DC fans would really like Duff once they get to know him. One of the coolest dudes in rock and roll. 

Honestly, I wouldn't be on board with that. At that point, AC/DC would be more GN'R than AC/DC. Sure Stevie and Slad have both played in AC/DC before, but they both had really short tenures. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be on board with that. At that point, AC/DC would be more GN'R than AC/DC. Sure Stevie and Slad have both played in AC/DC before, but they both had really short tenures. 

Thatd be hilarious. ACDC would be more GNR than NUGNR at that point 

• 2 weeks later...