Not in this lifetime tour will be one of top grossing tour ever

Not very knowledgable about these things, but off the top of my head the expenses would be something like,

Tax, Venue cut, Promotional/ Publicity fees, Band expenses,  inclusive of  additional Muscians, Equipment and Health insurance, Management Fees, Transport costs of both Band, Crew and stage. Merchandise design and production, Video production.

After all these I would be interested what percentage Axl/Duff/Slash actually pocket, I bet it's not as high as we think

8 hours ago, Gackt said:

If they couldn't break into the list of top-grossing tours in the 90's, it isn't going to happen in the 2000's

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_concert_tours

In 1994 GNR were the fourth highest grossing entertainer behind Oprah, Spielberg, and Cosby. I read the article in Forbes magazine. GNR were ahead of every other artist, so I'm assuming your 90's assessment is in correct.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Not very knowledgable about these things, but off the top of my head the expenses would be something like,

Tax, Venue cut, Promotional/ Publicity fees, Band expenses,  inclusive of  additional Muscians, Equipment and Health insurance, Management Fees, Transport costs of both Band, Crew and stage. Merchandise design and production, Video production.

After all these I would be interested what percentage Axl/Duff/Slash actually pocket, I bet it's not as high as we think

That would be interesting to know that figure. I've never considered all the costs.

1 hour ago, Archtop said:

Atleast $25 million each. They were guaranteed that number before they started selling tickets.

4 hours ago, Original said:

What is the best guess for what they are paying the band (Frank/Richard/Dizzy & Melissa)?  $100K per show split up?  Or is that too high?  I'm guessing Axl, Slash n Duff are all making the same. 

i thought those guys would maybe get 5-15K/per but who knows

4 hours ago, Original said:

What is the best guess for what they are paying the band (Frank/Richard/Dizzy & Melissa)?  $100K per show split up?  Or is that too high?  I'm guessing Axl, Slash n Duff are all making the same. 

Not very much, one of the main reasons being speculated that Izzy didn't join is he wanted to be paid equally with Axl Slash and Duff, but those guys would have to cut their pay to $600,000 a show to accommodate Izzy. 

Buisness side of the deal likely puts everyone else's pay at volunteer like numbers compared to the big 3

9 hours ago, Original said:

I think Melissa obtains way less than Richard and Frank. And Dizzy way more than these two guys (he has been in the band for 20 f* years).

No way Slash n Duff are making the same money than Axl. I can´t remember now exactly the percentage but I read something on an article (posted here), about the percentages.

Edited by Juliette

Fortus is the fucking GUITAR PLAYER with Slash in the band.

He is paid a fortune. Don't compare him to Melissa or Dizzy or even Franck. Come on... he is paid much, much more.

I suppose Fortus almost gets almost as much money as Duff. 

Edited by Caraibes

2 hours ago, Caraibes said:

He is paid a fortune. Don't compare him to Melissa or Dizzy or even Franck. Come on... he is paid much, much more.

LOL.   

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Caraibes said:

Hahaha, you're a funny hooray for tolerance!. Keep up the good work, the world needs to laugh :lol:

6 hours ago, Caraibes said:

Once again, you are insane.

If by "paid almost as much as Duff" you mean he's paid a tiny fraction of Duff's salary, then yeah I guess he's making a fortune compared to other ex-britney spears guitarists.

Fortus got around 15-20k/gig in nu/fake guns iirc. I'm guessing he probably didn't get much of a pay bump since towel boy Pittman quit in a huff after he didn't get a raise on the reunion gigs.

It seems likely that Fortus probably gets a max of 15-25k. Let's even say that he gets 50k/gig. Duff gets a million. Why the discrepancy in salary?

Quite simply, Duff is the King of Beers and Fortus is a session guitarist that the GnR partners hired on the cheap to play Izzy's parts. Even Tracii Gunns is a more relevant guitarist than Fortus.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gackt said:

If they couldn't break into the list of top-grossing tours in the 90's, it isn't going to happen in the 2000's

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_concert_tours

that list is kind of strange - no Michael Jackson Dangerous World Tour(about 3.5 million people)  on it, but there is Janet's Rhythm Nation 1814 (2 million people)...

I guess that in 90s you could hide numbers easier than today :D And GNR's about 57mils for 190+ shows - hmmm....

On 8/22/2016 at 3:15 AM, scooby845 said:

if Guns don't SPLIT the tour - which makes no sense - what I want to say is if they would continue NITL tour in support of 30AFD anniversary and not call it otherwise then it could amount to like 150-160 shows... possibly outdo U2 or Stones...  I mean why NOT? They should continue it, break the record and show everyone who GnR is!!

Let's hope that the 30AFD anniversary will be the moment when all 5 original members play the entire album!!!!:headbang:

• Like 1