Not in this lifetime tour will be one of top grossing tour ever

On 8/22/2016 at 2:27 AM, gnrkoncerti said:

I read Metallica Death magnetic tour was 12th top grosing tour ever  with total gross of 212 million$...

With this trend Not in this lifetime will have 200.000.000 after Oceania dates,and don't forget possible Europeand dates

I don't know about the top grossing tour of all time because I don't think they'll play enough dates as some of the top grossing tours of all time played.  That being said, they may be in the top 2 or 3 in terms of per show haul/ as right now they're pulling in 4.5 +/-mil per show which is in the top 2 or 3 per show averages.  Who knows, maybe that picks up overseas where they retained more of their popularity than in the states. 

Does anyone know when and if the European tour dates will be announced? I'm from the states but got to thinking it would be so cool to catch them in Europe, especially since I've never been there. I'd really love to see the show at Wembley. (I read somewhere they were talking about doing 2-3 shows there)... 

Also, is there any chance they'd add another North American leg? 

2 hours ago, Kara said:

Does anyone know when and if the European tour dates will be announced? I'm from the states but got to thinking it would be so cool to catch them in Europe, especially since I've never been there. I'd really love to see the show at Wembley. (I read somewhere they were talking about doing 2-3 shows there)... 

Also, is there any chance they'd add another North American leg? 

I hope so!

2 hours ago, scooby845 said:

The only thing that;s nonsense to me is ARLINGTON!!... HOW could it be only 39k??? The place was PACKED! At leas 55-60k..... I dont get it... That stadium holds 80 000....

I really doubt it holds 80,000 people for concerts. Capacity for football games will obviously be higher since a large portion of seats aren't closed off for a stage...

10 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I really doubt it holds 80,000 people for concerts. Capacity for football games will obviously be higher since a large portion of seats aren't closed off for a stage...

Probably holds 70,000 for concerts it can hold 100,000 for football games. The least I'd put on the Arlington show would be 50,000

3 hours ago, scooby845 said:

The only thing that;s nonsense to me is ARLINGTON!!... HOW could it be only 39k??? The place was PACKED! At leas 55-60k..... I dont get it... That stadium holds 80 000....

This list has to be inaccurate because i was at both Arlington and KC. This list says KC had 40k people and maybe it did, but the upper bowl was closed off. Arlington's upper bowl was almost completely sold out, s there is no way there was only 39k in attendance.

48 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Seats are closed off for the stage, yeah, but what about the field?

51 minutes ago, rocco said:

Seats are closed off for the stage, yeah, but what about the field?

It's not the same capacity though, you can't just pack as many people onto the field as you want. If they close off even 1/4 of the seats in an average football stadium that could be 20,000+ people. The floor seats didn't go all the way to the back of the field in most cities I don't think, they were set up around lighting rigs, vip risers etc, and the pit in Seattle was 'sold out' at 800 tickets. I don't even know if that would've filled the last row in the upper level behind the stage, definitely not more than 2 rows, though.

• Like 1