Models got free front row tickets, VIP access to "pretty up" Dodgers Stadium for concert video

1 minute ago, Original said:

Once upon a time all the beautiful models would go to a Guns show because they wanted too....

They still do, except now they have grown into celebrities who name their children after Axl, or write love songs about the frontman like Fergie, Lana Del Rey, etc.

Just now, Slash787 said:

Well its a big deal to me, I work my ass off, save money for months, then go to another country to see my fav. band.

These models made of plastic just get free tickets with transport included? Axl, where are my 40 euros which I paid for the cab when you came on stage 3 hours late and all the local transport was closed?

If you want to talk about luck, then well for every show they should do a contest of 20 people winning free tickets, real fans deserve that, not pieces of plastic. 

Don't complain about how much money you pay to see this band. No one is making you do it. Your fandom should not depend on the band's desire to meet and get to know you just because of your hardcore support.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ultrastar said:

They still do, except now they have grown into celebrities who name their children after Axl, or write love songs about the frontman like Fergie, Lana Del Rey, etc.

Don't complain about how much money you pay to see this band. No one is making you do it. Your fandom should not depend on the band's desire to meet and get to know you just because of your hardcore support.

Im not complaining how much money I spent, Im just saying that we fans deserve it more than them. 

They did this with Nugnr when they played in Europe - 2012 I think it was; first row filled with skanks. The Troubadour show was also filled up with vacuous celebrities - people like Jim Carrey - who simply waltzed in like gods, unlike the fans who had to go through all that procedure with queuing and wristbands.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Just now, Slash787 said:

Im not complaining how much money I spent, Im just saying that we fans deserve it more than them. 

We deserve? I've been a GNR fan since I was a child in the 80's. I've seen this band 5 times, and never have I felt like I "DESERVED" anything. We as fans, don't deserve to meet them, just because we like their music. We don't deserve shit. Being a fan does not translate into you deserve anything.

Being a fan, is simply that. You are a fan, you enjoy their work. Congrats.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Well its a big deal to me, I work my ass off, save money for months, then go to another country to see my fav. band.

These models made of plastic just get free tickets with transport included? Axl, where are my 40 euros which I paid for the cab when you came on stage 3 hours late and all the local transport was closed?

If you want to talk about luck, then well for every show they should do a contest of 20 people winning free tickets, real fans deserve that, not pieces of plastic. 

The second Foxboro show they upgraded shit loads of people with cheap seats to the lower bowl and floor. Anyway.. Not need to get all huffy ;) I just said I don't have a problem with it. It doesn't bother me if other people do. 

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

Can you imagine what "Welcome To The Jungle" will be like when they show stupid girls playing with their hair, in their mini-skirt, scared of losing their composition while not being able to sing one word of the song?

We need crazy dudes and dudettes head banging, going ape and not giving a damn, just like in that ACDC show in River Plate.

Funny how in the past GNR didn't want to become Motley. Now, with all this model crap, I see their photos at the L.A. show and can't stop singing in my head "Girls, girls, girls" :facepalm:

Right...agreed. Some might appreciate the music but I'm sure we will see many with their goo goo eyes focused towards the stage, hoping to get some personal recognition before making their way backstage in high hopes of a shag and being whisked away in the lap of luxury by a rockstar. 

And of course bands are going to put friends and family on their guest lists for premium seating, that's a given and expected.  What irks me is that these chicks were handed front row seats and the complete star package just for being physically attractive when you have die hard fans who would give almost anything for an opportunity to be that close to the band they love.  

And ugh...that video is just ugh lol. They're all duck lipping, "Look at me...I'm so beautiful." Get out of here man...

• Like 2

I don't think anyone deserves anything, one way or the other - and it is of course entirely their call on who they want to invite to their show and after party. No questions there. It's their house; their call who's comped and who they party with.

But I do think that there are so many huge fans of the band who perhaps do not have model appearances, but would have considered this access a lifetime dream come true - and would have been really enthusiastic and energetic on camera, instead of spending the show looking at their phones and taking duck lips photos.

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

like they walked straight out of Don't Cry video. girls did their homework..

to be fair as far as I can recall they were always banging models (since they became famous).

there is something about stark contrast in between complete fakeness of professional posing/modeling and, direct into-your-face rnr.

Edited by Colossus of Rhodes

57 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Every gig in the UK had this is 2012. They kept getting in the way and blocking the view while messing with their hair, on their phones and applying their lippy. Not one knew any of the words or interacted. At one gig the 'models' were sitting on the stage again blocking the view, one was carried off as she was completely wasted.

Edited by axlsend

4 minutes ago, Tiffani said:

I don’t know much about them really – my mum and dad are more into them – but I’ll listen to their songs before Friday.”

:facepalm:

LMAO:rofl-lol:

47 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's a pretty pathetic move in the first place that looks even worse when the media gets ahold of it. TMZ didn't even try to twist the story either. They reported it for what it is: GNR needs to pay models to make it look like they go to GNR shows. 

It makes GNR look desperate. This is so bad:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

It is definitely an Axl/Team Brazil thingy. Slash, Duff (and Adler) are in long term marriages/relationships and would be castrated if caught with these girls. I'm not sure about Frank (he has a daughter) and Dizzy (divorced) so if the aim is a bunga bunga party, the bunga bunga party will be Axl's alone.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, axlsend said:

Every gig in the UK had this is 2012. They kept getting in the way and blocking the view while messing with their hair, on their phones and applying their lippy. Not one knew any if the words or interacted. At one gig the 'models' were sitting on the stage again blocking the view, one was carried off as she was completely wasted.

I got stuck next them, they at one point barged Kat out of the way when they kept walking up and down the steps to the toilets. Went in there during SCOM so it wouldn't be packed and they were doing cocaine. Really classy ladies. 

12 minutes ago, axlsend said:

Every gig in the UK had this is 2012. They kept getting in the way and blocking the view while messing with their hair, on their phones and applying their lippy. Not one knew any if the words or interacted. At one gig the 'models' were sitting on the stage again blocking the view, one was carried off as she was completely wasted.

Tell me about it, they din't even know the words to Sweet Child, I was like everyone knows Sweet Child.....they were just making duck faces......

2 hours ago, Slash787 said:

I posted this in the LA thread, but this is the right place

Well its time to have a sex change then?

I still don't get this? Slash has a gf, Duff has a wife, Fortus is also married, Frank also has a gf, Steven is married too, then all these models for Axl? 

What have these models done to get free tickets? 

Some of us here are hardcore GNR fans, we deserve to get free tickets, there are so many fans who save for months, travel from different countries just to see the band. 

What is so "Cool" about these models? Just send them directly to Axl's hotel room? 

wait fortus is married?? :blink:

Apparently models getting front row seats didn't just happen in L.A.

http://sleazeroxx.com/concerts/guns-n-roses-live-in-toronto-ontario-canada-concert-review/

What pushed me to go see Guns N’ Roses turned out to be a Facebook post from Last Bullet‘s frontman Bryan Fontez. His wife, who is a model, had received a free backstage pass and front row ticket to see Guns N’ Roses.

5 minutes ago, shjtjustgotreal said:

thought he was dating kat just over a year ago or smt

From what I know he is married and has a daughter. 

Even I had heard about him and Kat being together.

I guess the Women's Discussion is the right place to ask about it. 

Edited by Slash787