Models got free front row tickets, VIP access to "pretty up" Dodgers Stadium for concert video

10 hours ago, username said:

This is your fault. All of you. For being a bunch of ugly-ass motherduckers. -_- 

LOL! :D

A lot of the people I saw at the show, and a lot of the fans who have posted their pictures here, are damn good looking. Some of them are good looking 20 year olds; some are good looking 50 year olds, but they still are all attractive AND enthusiastic about being there. If someone had simply scanned the upper level of the stadium at every concert, they probably could have gotten footage of diverse, attractive women and men who were truly into the show.

Edited by stella

Gee, it's so pathetic! Axl as usual letting others (his TB management I assume) make him look like a total asshole. He really doesn't need to do that. There's plenty of beautiful young women around who are his devoted fans and would sell their kidenys to talk to him. Why the fuck act as if he was the ugliest in the world used-up has-been that no one in their right mind could possibly want to meet? It really ain't that bad.

If they just invited the real fans the dvd could look like some real badass rock'n'roll concert was being filmed instead of some pathetic hollywood fake shit which is what the "models' will make it look like. And why? What for? They really are good :facepalm:

• Like 1

I'd like to add my $0.02 cents to this. 

I do understand why people might react negatively to this, or feel upset. But I think it's important to take a step back and sort of frame it within a different context, and remove the personal bias that you may feel as a die-hard fan.

GN'R is a brand at this point, and they have an image factor that plays heavily. When photos are taken or videos are shot, it gives them a more traditional rock-n'-roll/sexy image if there are attractive women surrounding them. GN'R has been hiring models for years to attend their shows (dating back to at least the '06 tour, I recall hearing about models showing up, and certainly when they shot the Vegas DVD they made sure to stack the front row). It's not like they're deliberately trying to give the middle finger to "real fans" - it's solely a business move to enhance their image.

People who are complaining that the modes seem disinterested or are checking their phones... well, to be honest, at Philly, tons of girls (and guys) in the regular sections were doing the same thing. Every time a new song was played in particular, people started sitting down, checking their phones, loudly chatting to one another. The simple fact is that a lot of people show up to gigs like this because they know the singles and want to hear Axl and Slash play Sweet Child and Paradise City. As a hardcore fan, I was a little annoyed that people around me weren't appreciating Coma or This I Love or what-have-you, but it just is what it is. It's a fact of life that not everyone is going to show up with the same hard-on for the band's every tune. 

I totally understand where some people are coming from, but at the same time I do think it needs to be put in perspective, and that some of the people taking it personally and getting upset need to just step back and realize that it's business for the band, not a vendetta against "real" fans. Throwing some attractive women up front boosts their sex appeal and image and makes them look better when stuff gets posted to social media/if they put out a Blu-Ray/etc., and let's be real, attractive women have traditionally always been favored by rock bands. Do you think Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were inviting guys backstage after shows when they used to tour? It's just part of the whole package of rock bands... at least these girls are being hired through agencies and they're not just being creepily plucked out of the audience. :lol:

• Like 2

Do you blame em? :lol:  I mean think about it, some fat 40 yr old Mum from a trailer park in front...or a bunch of fit models.  Axls an old man, seeing all that young fit crumpet in the front row gets his testosterone going and results in a better performance for all of you.  I mean fans are all well and good but lets not forget why people join bands in the first place.  Birds :lol: 

I don't find a lot in Guns to criticise these days, the boys are back together (to a point), they actually sound fuckin' good onstage and they're playing shows, good for them, if it takes the front row being taken up by a bunch of rent-a-tarts well i say let the man have his fuckin' fun, just keep the band together, keep playing and you could give free front row tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir for all i care and for all any of you should care. 

Being an 80s band their core audience is a bit fuckin' paunchy and balding and knackered looking these days I shouldn't wonder.  Lets face it GnR are cunts, they're supposed to be cunts, it's kind of how they are sold to you.  You can't tidy up sleaze.

Edited by Len Cnut

GN'R is a brand at this point, and they have an image factor that plays heavily. When photos are taken or videos are shot, it gives them a more traditional rock-n'-roll/sexy image if there are attractive women surrounding them.

No, that's exactly the opposite. The traditional rock'n'roll/sexy image is that of crazy, sweaty people head banging and losing their minds at the show, with girls going nuts and undressing and throwing their bras, and not neccessairily girls with the look of models, just ordinary girls, some pretty and some ugly. That's real traditional rock'n'roll. It has never been a model agency/establishment genre of music, please... TB got it all wrong but then I'm not surprised, what do they know about rock'n'roll, after all. What surprises me though is that Axl lost touch with reality to the extent, that he doesn't see this.

• Like 2

On Monday, August 22, 2016 at 9:13 AM, Ultrastar said:

I applaud any band that does this. Nothing wrong with having a bunch of fine looking women on the front row. NOTHING. And anyone that's going to bitch and complain about having models in the pit around them as they attend a GNR show is a fucking wanker. As far as letting these women backstage, I see it like this. If I was Axl, I wouldn't want a bunch of 25-45 year old men back stage telling me how awesome I am, and trying to get my autograph so they can sell it on ebay or so they can try and butter me up so they can listen to unheard material, or pitch suggestions of what deep track from Illusions I should play next. I would want a bunch of beautiful women around me.

...because after playing a 2+ hour show that's what it's all about. Relaxing and Unwinding.

If Axl, Slash, Duff, want to hang out with models and celebrities and party after each show, I say do whatever you have to do so you can put on another fucking fantastic show in the next city you visit. Because this entire tour has been off the charts. And if you disagree, it's only because you have not been to one of the shows. You haven't experienced it.

I swear, some people would complain about anything. Just a couple years ago we had, fucking DJ Ashba and that idiot Chris Pitman. Slash and Duff are back, they are playing Coma, and you all want to complain that GNR is partying with models? What the fuckin' fuck?

Couldn't have said it better myself. The butthurt in this thread is strong. If I had the ability to do it, I would too. Just cause they're my favorite band I'm not expecting some back stage handout. It's part of life. Being beautiful gets you places.

32 minutes ago, Asia said:

No, that's exactly the opposite. The traditional rock'n'roll/sexy image is that of crazy, sweaty people head banging and losing their minds at the show, with girls going nuts and undressing and throwing their bras, and not neccessairily girls with the look of models, just ordinary girls, some pretty and some ugly. That's real traditional rock'n'roll. It has never been a model agency/establishment genre of music, please... TB got it all wrong but then I'm not surprised, what do they know about rock'n'roll, after all. What surprises me though is that Axl lost touch with reality to the extent, that he doesn't see this.

Please, 80s era arena/stadium rock is not 'traditional rock n roll'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Please, 80s era arena/stadium rock is not 'traditional rock n roll'.

60's, 70's, 80's, 90's - in all those decades rock cncerts looked pretty much like that and not like a celebrity/model fashionable hangout, what are you talking about?

2 hours ago, Asia said:

60's, 70's, 80's, 90's - in all those decades rock cncerts looked pretty much like that and not like a celebrity/model fashionable hangout, what are you talking about?

No they didnt...at all.  

49 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

This is a proper rock n' roll crowd,

Not your sweaty wankers with constipated faces doing devil horns.

Or they looked like Little Richard doing shows in some hall somewhere in America rocking the fuckin' rafters loose then hiring big burly fellas to shag little birds while he watched and wanked off :lol:

16 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

No they didnt...at all.  

Or they looked like Little Richard doing shows in some hall somewhere in America rocking the fuckin' rafters loose then hiring big burly fellas to shag little birds while he watched and wanked off :lol:

Plonk Len amidst this lot of unkempt sweaty mullet heads,

Wait until one of them says, ''who's ordered a Chicken Jalfreizi?''.

• Like 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Plonk Len amidst this lot of unkempt sweaty mullet heads,

Wait until one of them says, ''who's ordered a Chicken Jalfreizi?''.

To which  the obvious reply would be 'so I'm the only one whoose brought a bird then?' :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

To which  the obvious reply would be 'so I'm the only one whoose brought a bird then?' :D

I think I did see a woman at some point but I'm not entirely certain?

And to think, Powerage travels around the entire world to be among that lot!

6 hours ago, Estranged Reality said:

I'd like to add my $0.02 cents to this. 

I do understand why people might react negatively to this, or feel upset. But I think it's important to take a step back and sort of frame it within a different context, and remove the personal bias that you may feel as a die-hard fan.

GN'R is a brand at this point, and they have an image factor that plays heavily. When photos are taken or videos are shot, it gives them a more traditional rock-n'-roll/sexy image if there are attractive women surrounding them. GN'R has been hiring models for years to attend their shows (dating back to at least the '06 tour, I recall hearing about models showing up, and certainly when they shot the Vegas DVD they made sure to stack the front row). It's not like they're deliberately trying to give the middle finger to "real fans" - it's solely a business move to enhance their image.

People who are complaining that the modes seem disinterested or are checking their phones... well, to be honest, at Philly, tons of girls (and guys) in the regular sections were doing the same thing. Every time a new song was played in particular, people started sitting down, checking their phones, loudly chatting to one another. The simple fact is that a lot of people show up to gigs like this because they know the singles and want to hear Axl and Slash play Sweet Child and Paradise City. As a hardcore fan, I was a little annoyed that people around me weren't appreciating Coma or This I Love or what-have-you, but it just is what it is. It's a fact of life that not everyone is going to show up with the same hard-on for the band's every tune. 

I totally understand where some people are coming from, but at the same time I do think it needs to be put in perspective, and that some of the people taking it personally and getting upset need to just step back and realize that it's business for the band, not a vendetta against "real" fans. Throwing some attractive women up front boosts their sex appeal and image and makes them look better when stuff gets posted to social media/if they put out a Blu-Ray/etc., and let's be real, attractive women have traditionally always been favored by rock bands. Do you think Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were inviting guys backstage after shows when they used to tour? It's just part of the whole package of rock bands... at least these girls are being hired through agencies and they're not just being creepily plucked out of the audience. :lol:

I just think it's sad that after fans have spent a lot of money on front row seats, and they are expensive, their view is blocked by uninterested women.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, axlsend said:

I just think it's sad that after fans have spent a lot of money on front row seats, and they are expensive, their view is blocked by uninterested women.

Exactly this! ^ It's very unfair for those hard core guns fans who got to the pit hours before anyone else to have in one fell swoop, there more than deserving spot taken away by some pretty bored models! 

• Like 1

I think the hurt really is compounded by how much those tickets cost. Being in the pit was a significant investment. To work your ass off to afford a ticket like that, get there hours early to get a good spot and then find out that people who don't give a shit about the band one way or the other got comped for the same location, and backstage passes to boot...yeah.

They don't need models in the front row to look "rock n' roll." Who is that trying to attract? And why perpetuate that stereotype anyway?

Look at the crowd in the Welcome to the Jungle video. Yeah, there are hot chicks (IIRC the blonde woman headbanging w/Slash, the woman Axl sees wakling down the street and the woman next to Steven were all actual friends). But there are also plenty of totally normal looking men and women there, who are incredibly into the performance.

Paradise City video? More real fans, and the person they focus on (who is dressed like Axl) is not a supermodel.

Estranged? Live and Let Die? Same. And those videos really captured the spirit of the love people had for the band.

Edited by stella
  • Like 2

I keep seeing complaints about the possiblility of views being blocked by bored models but I have yet to see anyone actually complaining that their own view was blocked by a bored model in the show threads. 

I've seen multiple complaints about drunk fans who can't hold their liquor,  but even that has been minimal. 

Has anyone actually had their enjoyment of a show ruined by somebody else at the show? Truthfully this whole model bashing mostly sounds like jealousy- that these people fall into a circle of influence that gets them things you wish you could have.

The band gives away free tickets to fans too. Where do you think all the radio stations get their give aways? Why do you think the band does seat upgrades at the show? It is all done for the same reason... to promote the band.

5 hours ago, stella said:

I think the hurt really is compounded by how much those tickets cost. Being in the pit was a significant investment. To work your ass off to afford a ticket like that, get there hours early to get a good spot and then find out that people who don't give a shit about the band one way or the other got comped for the same location, and backstage passes to boot...yeah.

They don't need models in the front row to look "rock n' roll." Who is that trying to attract? And why perpetuate that stereotype anyway?

Look at the crowd in the Welcome to the Jungle video. Yeah, there are hot chicks (IIRC the blonde woman headbanging w/Slash, the woman Axl sees wakling down the street and the woman next to Steven were all actual friends). But there are also plenty of totally normal looking men and women there, who are incredibly into the performance.

Paradise City video? More real fans, and the person they focus on (who is dressed like Axl) is not a supermodel.

Estranged? Live and Let Die? Same. And those videos really captured the spirit of the love people had for the band.

:headbang:

25 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

I keep seeing complaints about the possiblility of views being blocked by bored models but I have yet to see anyone actually complaining that their own view was blocked by a bored model in the show threads. 

I've seen multiple complaints about drunk fans who can't hold their liquor,  but even that has been minimal. 

Has anyone actually had their enjoyment of a show ruined by somebody else at the show? Truthfully this whole model bashing mostly sounds like jealousy- that these people fall into a circle of influence that gets them things you wish you could have.

The band gives away free tickets to fans too. Where do you think all the radio stations get their give aways? Why do you think the band does seat upgrades at the show? It is all done for the same reason... to promote the band.

I disagree. I don´t think is a jelousy thing. 

The complains here are legit because we pay  much U$$$ to get tickets and (most of us) travel to other countries to see the band, and that houndred of "silly and no interested in GNR" obtain the best places is really annoying.

And then (after the party, obviously invited too) they drive to their house. I don´t heard nowhere that the fans got that privilege; neither the "free tickets from the radio stations".

The fans keep alive the band, not these models.

10 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

They were filming a show for release and planted some models. Is that a big deal?

The models were in so many gigs. So, this is not accurate.

Edited by Juliette
  • Like 2