Models got free front row tickets, VIP access to "pretty up" Dodgers Stadium for concert video

57 minutes ago, Juliette said:

I disagree. I don´t think is a jelousy thing. 

The complains here are legit because we pay  much U$$$ to get tickets and (most of us) travel to other countries to see the band, and that houndred of "silly and no interested in GNR" obtain the best places is really annoying.

And then (after the party, obviously invited too) they drive to their house. I don´t heard nowhere that the fans got that privilege; neither the "free tickets from the radio stations".

The fans keep alive the band, not these models.

That was a bit harsh, I am sorry.  I usually try not to comment on how people feel about things because no one can help how they feel. It just is what it is. We can only mitigate it from affecting our actions. Not to mention it is incredibly rare to change someone's mind when it is based on feeling. I am not saying that people shouldn't feel irritated. It just seems to me that some on this board are overreacting.

And as a point: A radio station in my area were giving out free tickets to callers and my area is nearly five hours away from the nearest show to me. Admittedly, I think I am in the far end of the station's range so the people they were targeting were probably, at the very least, an hour closer to the show. I know someone on this board said he won tickets listening to the radio and calling in, he was in completely different area to where I am from. I am completely sure that the shows near us weren't the only ones doing that though I can't say it with 100% certainty. It is just what bands do for promotion. They give radio stations tickets to give away on air so the radio station will talk about the concert (while giving away the tickets) and hopefully draw interest from the public.  And we know for certain people were upgraded at shows (even the sold out ones) because we got to see the pictures on twitter.

People finding it annoying that others get for free what they have to pay for and they don't think that other person appreciates the gift they are getting is not unusual. It is a fairness thing. A perceived injustice. It is common. But lets look at it from the other side. Would these same people find it annoying if they got free tickets when others had to pay? How about the spouses that went to the show who didn't want to? Should we be annoyed that that person is taking a spot in the pit someone more passionate could have had? On top of that how do we judge the passion level of these models given the free tickets? We seem to like to make broad sweeping snap judgements on people. How exactly do we know that all or even most of these two hundred models were bored at the show and had no interest in it? (plus how did two hundred models get shoved into the pit at last minute and none of our forum members at the show notice? I really thought we were more observant than that).

Hanging out at the after party is a completely separate issue to the free tickets bit. The displeasure displayed regarding this makes absolutely no sense to me. I am not even sure I've seen it explained, if it has and I missed it I would appreciate if someone would point it out to me so I could understand it. I don't get why anyone would expect fans to hang out at an after-party? An after-party is for the band. Either their personal enjoyment or business/networking. Fans are not part of their personal lives. Fans are customers, not business associates. Models have always been in GNR's circle of influence since the beginning (though technically at first it was strippers before they got big enough to pull in models). Both of Axl's well know significant others were models. Duff's wife was a model. Slash's current SO was a  model/video girl. Models are part of the entertainment industry. It could be they have something to do with current GNR business/networking propositions in one way or another or it might be that the band just wanted them around for an ego boost. With that said, I am not sure what that has to do with fans unless the plan is to look at them askance for using women to further their goals- and I am not sure how that can really bother too many who like GNR's music and knows their history.

8 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

Truthfully this whole model bashing mostly sounds like jealousy- that these people fall into a circle of influence that gets them things you wish you could have.

The band gives away free tickets to fans too. Where do you think all the radio stations get their give aways? Why do you think the band does seat upgrades at the show? It is all done for the same reason... to promote the band.

I am not jealous I assure you and yes tickets are given away by radio stations but usually those tickets are not front row in front of people who have queued for hours to get a front row view.

9 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

I keep seeing complaints about the possiblility of views being blocked by bored models but I have yet to see anyone actually complaining that their own view was blocked by a bored model in the show threads. 

I've seen multiple complaints about drunk fans who can't hold their liquor,  but even that has been minimal. 

Has anyone actually had their enjoyment of a show ruined by somebody else at the show? 

??? In this thread alone at least three or four people described their enjoyment of the show being negatively affected by the models. 

Edited by Frey

17 hours ago, axlsend said:

I just think it's sad that after fans have spent a lot of money on front row seats, and they are expensive, their view is blocked by uninterested women.

They aren't 7 feet tall nor blocking your view. Models get perks who cares? Its a rock show. I paid 350 and I still had a great experience. You're delusional if you think every non model in the crowd head banged and danced for 30 songs. Plenty of people(especially girls) at the show looked bored at some point, checking phones, talking. I seen a guy sleeping. It's a part of life.

Models also get free trips to different countries. We all pay. Maybe that should be discussed too. 

2 hours ago, melonhead87 said:

They aren't 7 feet tall nor blocking your view. Models get perks who cares? Its a rock show. I paid 350 and I still had a great experience. You're delusional if you think every non model in the crowd head banged and danced for 30 songs. Plenty of people(especially girls) at the show looked bored at some point, checking phones, talking. I seen a guy sleeping. It's a part of life.

Models also get free trips to different countries. We all pay. Maybe that should be discussed too. 

I flew over for the NJ gigs and had a fabulous time.

8 hours ago, Frey said:

??? In this thread alone at least three or four people described their enjoyment of the show being negatively affected by the models. 

I didn't see them? I saw the one from 2012(?) with the girls doing drugs in the bathroom and that had been mentioned before in another thread a long time ago and I've also seen a bunch of people of people being upset that it could happen not that it did happen.

ETA: Just scanned through the entire thread. I think the 2012 post was probably a different person than who posted about the models in the bathroom- somehow my mind linked them and make them one and the same. So there is one who's enjoyment of the show was ruined by the drunk/hair-fluffing models in 2012. There were two others who noticed young girls in the pit acting like young girls (taking pictures, selfies, and one seeing them do the silly chain thing that people at Coachella shake their heads about groups doing) and now that we know that there are models in the pits we are assuming that these girls were them (which is a reasonable assumption, I suppose, for a band as old and unpopular as GNR). I didn't get the sense that these two people's shows were ruined by them. Just that it was an observation. I could be wrong though :shrugs:.

Edited by sanity_lost

4 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

I didn't see them? I saw the one from 2012(?) with the girls doing drugs in the bathroom and that had been mentioned before in another thread a long time ago and I've also seen a bunch of people of people being upset that it could happen not that it did happen.

ETA: Just scanned through the entire thread. I think the 2012 post was probably a different person than who posted about the models in the bathroom- somehow my mind linked them and make them one and the same. So there is one who's enjoyment of the show was ruined by the drunk/hair-fluffing models in 2012. There were two others who noticed young girls in the pit acting like young girls (taking pictures, selfies, and one seeing them do the silly chain thing that people at Coachella shake their heads about groups doing) and now that we know that there are models in the pits we are assuming that these girls were them (which is a reasonable assumption, I suppose, for a band as old and unpopular as GNR). I didn't get the sense that these two people's shows were ruined by them. Just that it was an observation. I could be wrong though :shrugs:.

I didn't say completely ruined, I said negatively affected. And @MillionsOfSpiders and @axlsend definitely seemed annoyed by their behavior. Understandably so. I would be annoyed by them constantly running back and forth during the concert as well. And I would also be annoyed by them mocking and taking pictures of fans who are into the show. Both of which is pretty obnoxious behavior.

And how disrespectfull to fans are those lame videos  (Don't Cry, November Rain, SIDHY...) with models and actress wannabes instead of true fans...

Also, Axl is the worst - he dated only models and pretty girls and women instead of fans... Duff is still married for one of them... Shame on him because there are millions of real fans out there...