01/21/17 - Osaka - Kyocera Dome

RussTCB

9 minutes ago, The Black said:

Man, I'd love to have that GNFNR WITH SAMURAI BULLET t-shirt. If anybody would care to pick one up for me, please please please drop me a PM! :D 

https://www.creativeman.co.jp/artist/2017/01guns/goods.html

•  

I will certainly try for you. Japan is notorious for having low stock of limited edition items so I can't guarantee anything - but I will certainly be getting some stuff for myself. What size do you wear?

And also to confirm, this is the shirt you want, right?

nihon003.jpg

Yes that's the one

6 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

I will certainly try for you. Japan is notorious for having low stock of limited edition items so I can't guarantee anything - but I will certainly be getting some stuff for myself. What size do you wear?

And also to confirm, this is the shirt you want, right?

nihon003.jpg

Yes that's the one! :D

I wear a size medium normally, if they're really small I'd probably need a large (I read they run smally in Japan?). I'd be over the moon if you're able to purchase one for me. Let me know what I can do.

Hopefully they start getting creative with the set list because it's beyond stale. Drop Layla, Wish You Were Here, Knockin & The Seeker (or at least change that dull 35 min part of the set), play deeper cuts from UYI & CD. Instead of Don't Cry or Patience every show, throw in the Alt lyrics version of DC to switch it up. Hell, throw in Slither or why not, a brand new song.

(None of this is likely since they haven't milked this part of the globe with this lineup yet)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GNR 1991 said:

Hopefully they start getting creative with the set list because it's beyond stale. Drop Layla, Wish You Were Here, Knockin & The Seeker (or at least change that dull 35 min part of the set), play deeper cuts from UYI & CD. Instead of Don't Cry or Patience every show, throw in the Alt lyrics version of DC to switch it up. Hell, throw in Slither or why not, a brand new song.

(None of this is likely since they haven't milked this part of the globe with this lineup yet)

Was there actually ever a show where they didn't play KOHD after it came out? I was under the impression it was always played, so the chance they might drop it is realistic?

5 hours ago, The Black said:

Yes that's the one

Yes that's the one! :D

I wear a size medium normally, if they're really small I'd probably need a large (I read they run smally in Japan?). I'd be over the moon if you're able to purchase one for me. Let me know what I can do.

yeah, I suspect the sizes will run small. I will be on the lookout for this for you!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

I like Patience!

and although I prefer that bands not do covers, I am honestly not going to mind hearing them do any of those listed.

5 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

I agree, except in the KOHD part. I think that just cutting a couple of minutes is enough. 

4 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Was there actually ever a show where they didn't play KOHD after it came out? I was under the impression it was always played, so the chance they might drop it is realistic?

I think there might have been one or few, very rare though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amaninjapan said:

so I guess no one has any ideas what hotel they're staying at? :wacko:

Not a clue.

I think a lot of bands will stay in the nicest hotels in Shinkuku or Shibuya, but they're not even going to be IN Tokyo, so they might not actually be staying there.  Probably will though, considering Axl's tastes.

You can try the Park Hyatt in Shinjuku...or maybe the Prince in Shinbashi?  Or some other one right near Shibuya station.  It's a total crapshoot man.  Nobody knows.

I imagine they've already arrived in Japan.  I was going to suggest just standing by the international arrivals/customs area in Narita cause pretty much everyone has to go through there, but they might allow celebrities to go through a private way.

First show is Osaka, so hang out all day at Osaka station?  They'll probably be taking a bullet train instead of flying from Tokyo.  Maybe.  Who knows?

18 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Not a clue.

I think a lot of bands will stay in the nicest hotels in Shinkuku or Shibuya, but they're not even going to be IN Tokyo, so they might not actually be staying there.  Probably will though, considering Axl's tastes.

You can try the Park Hyatt in Shinjuku...or maybe the Prince in Shinbashi?  Or some other one right near Shibuya station.  It's a total crapshoot man.  Nobody knows.

I imagine they've already arrived in Japan.  I was going to suggest just standing by the international arrivals/customs area in Narita cause pretty much everyone has to go through there, but they might allow celebrities to go through a private way.

First show is Osaka, so hang out all day at Osaka station?  They'll probably be taking a bullet train instead of flying from Tokyo.  Maybe.  Who knows?

Oh they're certainly already in Japan - they apparently flew in three days before the previous show in Japan a few years ago. And I'm in Osaka so don't really care about the other shows.

And the Osaka concert is the start of their Japan leg - so they're not coming from Tokyo. They'll go to Tokyo after the Osaka/Kobe concerts. And I would put cash money on them not taking the bullet train. If they're the people who demand luxury accommodation, then they're not gonna sit down in the common seats with common folk. The closest the bullet train has to first class is what they call "Green Car" seats, and you're not isolated at all from people walking in and out.

As for their hotel, I didn't want to just randomly go somewhere. Whenever famous people come to Japan, I always see their arrival on the news and there's mobs and mobs of people waiting for them at the airport and I'm always curious how these people find out. Surely hundreds of people aren't waiting at the airport for days and days and days, so how do they find out?

And then when Real Madrid came to Japan for the FIFA Club World Cup in December, like every other UEFA club that comes for the FIFA Club World Cup in previous years, there's always thousands of people waiting outside whatever hotel they're staying at.

Additionally, the Osaka/Kobe shows make it all a bit of a rare situation. First of all, Osaka doesn't REALLY have a stand-out luxury hotel like the Park Hyatt or the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo. We have the Granvia which is probably the go-to hotel... but it's centrally located at the main station in the heart of the city and just seems... inconvenient for celebrities not wanting to deal with large crowds. When I went see my favorite European football club go on their tour of the US a few years ago, they always stayed at nice-but-sorta-out-of-the-way hotels instead. Perhaps easier for the large coach buses to deal with traffic/security etc. The only other hotels that stands out to me as a local would perhaps be the Hilton or the Ritz Carlton but they're only a stone's throw away from the Granvia so that suffers the same sort of problems. Second of all, Kobe is really only a short commute away from Osaka - so it wouldn't surpriose me at all if they stayed at a hotel somewhere between the two venues like Nishinomiya that was a convenient commute for both shows before they headed toward the Kanto concerts.

I just wish I could stumble across some legit information!

Edited by amaninjapan

On 15. 1. 2017 at 5:45 PM, MrSoftie said:

Dare I say it, an actual good picture of Axl?!

On 17. 1. 2017 at 3:34 PM, IncitingChaos said:

The way his hair sets make it look like he's wearing a wig or his face looks photoshopped...idk something looks off haha 

I will just leave this here :ph34r: 

chicago-illinois-usa-15th-aug-2016-axl-r

• Like 1

On 1/17/2017 at 1:46 AM, amaninjapan said:

I think someone mentioned that the number on the ticket indicates when you get to go in?

Correct. They do that to encourage people to buy their tickets early and discourage people from lining up outside the venue for hours in advance. Of course, you'll want to get in the merchandise line as early as possible.

On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 0:00 AM, amaninjapan said:

If this wasn't my first GNR show in more than 20 years, I would probably try. But I really just want to try to enjoy the show - plus I would be kinda amazed if the event staff would allow it... they've got hawkeyes when it comes to stuff like that. How popular is Periscope anyway? Do you guys manage to get someone to Periscope every show or is more of a rarity?

Hey man its fine I really hope you enjoy the show we've been lucky on the forum watching the shows via periscope. We even managed the AXL/DC shows but the quality has been great to not so great no doubt someone will try to stream it given the supposedly brilliant internet quality in Japan. Again have a fantastic time keep watching the forum if there's any sighting of the band & we're they're staying I'm sure some  of our eagle eyed members will let us know good luck I hope you get to meet them.

3 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

You have to pay extra to be first in the merch lines.  Part of the VIP package.

I can't imagine what it's gonna be like...you can't "officially" line up until after the VIP people have early access for an hour...is it just gonna be a mob scene?

oh realllly?

i was wondering what "extra" stuff i was getting with the VIP tickets. i just had assumed that VIP just meant "get to go in the pit/standing area"

considering what everyone is saying about the crazy merchandise lines, it's nice to know i might stand a chance of picking up that shirt!