01/21/17 - Osaka - Kyocera Dome

RussTCB

On 18. 1. 2017 at 11:41 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

The Japan shows are usually the best shows of the tour looking through GN'R history in my opinion.

1992:

2007:

2009 (longest GNR setlist ever!)

Let's hope 2017 isn't an exception!

Maaan, those 2009 Osaka and Tokyo dates are one of my favourites. Those were the most Chinese heavy setlist they did, love it!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I don't think Axl is in bad shape now. He's not super thin but I wouldn't say he has an "extra large stomach". 2011-2014 on the other hand...

I'm just having fun. It was just comical that the person was coming up with every excuse why Axl looked fat in that pic when the only thing that made him look fat was his big ass gut sticking out. ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

okay so I have some spare time... Going to the hotel to scope it out. Not expecting to see anybody, but just want to confirm my suspicions. Maybe see a tour bus or equipment laying around or something.

Wish me luck

Totally! And let us know if you see anyone or anything of interest!

Okay, at the hotel but nothing happening. No signs of anything... lots of taxis and large black people-mover vans.

They're the type of vans that would be used in Japan to ferry VIPs and the like, but it is after all the Intercontinental, so pretty much a common sight at this type of hotel. Nobody else hanging around though, so either I'm wrong, it's bad timing or nobody else in Osaka has realized where they're staying here... or perhaps some combination of all three haha

32 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Okay, at the hotel but nothing happening. No signs of anything... lots of taxis and large black people-mover vans.

They're the type of vans that would be used in Japan to ferry VIPs and the like, but it is after all the Intercontinental, so pretty much a common sight at this type of hotel. Nobody else hanging around though, so either I'm wrong, it's bad timing or nobody else in Osaka has realized where they're staying here... or perhaps some combination of all three haha

By the pics they are 100% in this hotel, you must be the first one to realize they are there, if you are inside the hotel lobby you better sit down and act like you belong there, they are not gonna just appear down there and talk to you, you must talk to one the crew members if you see them, Beta and Fernando Lebeis are your best and safe bet, i don't know about the rest of the crew.

You have better chances staying at the hotel lobby and not together with other fans outside, at least here in Sao Paulo-Brazil, once the hotel security see you waiting outside with other fans, you could not enter in the hotel anymore, but smarter people were already in the lobby or in the bar acting like they were guests, without band shirts, of course.

But if you don't meet them at the lobby or the bar, you could just wait with the other fans for Duff during the day, or Axl at night, here Duff only talked to the fans in the last day in the city, people saw him and Susan in other days, but he only stopped to talk with fans in the last day. 

And i think the black vans are a given, same as Sao Paulo, lots of vans for the band here too.

Edited by Rickodez

yeah I wasn't expecting to see the band. Just want confirmation I'm in the right place.

I saw a group of 3 guys hanging out for GNR at the alternate entrance. But when I was sitting down in the (very small) lobby, thats when I heard the two big ass security guards talking about stuff like "we can walk down this way without any problems" etc. There were no other foreigners in the lobby so either they're going to use the main entrance (and completely bypass the guys waiting in the alternate and warmer entrance) or it was an elaborate ruse designed to fool just me haha

• Like 1

Don't forget that every minute of their schedule is pre-determined.  The Japanese promoters will be treating them like royalty.  Fancy restaurants, shopping, tourist spots.  But they're gonna have a shitload of people with them  Their own security as well as a team of translators/guides and also just music industry people hanging around.  Didn't you see Lost in Translation?

There are always extra Lebeises hanging around.  Last show I saw, one of Beta's relatives was giving passes to underage girls.

I don't mean to be a downer but I think the best you're gonna get is maybe a glimpse of them through a crowd of people.

• Like 1