01/21/17 - Osaka - Kyocera Dome

RussTCB

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Except you totally can. I didnt listen to this show yet and I think Axl is overall solid on NITL, but you can totally get an idea through recordings. Freaking iphones have better mics than most recorders of the past. Plus, everyone was going nuts over Axl/DCs recordings and streams. Those didnt get ruined by magic periscope. 

I just really dont like this straw mana argument. 

Well there were some streams last night with horrible audio. Just sayin. And not everyone uses iphones. I don't. I feel the Facebook live video had better audio/visual of the show.

Edited by marlingrl03

Just now, marlingrl03 said:

Well there were some streams last night with horrible audio. Just sayin. And not everyone uses I phones. I don't. 

My phone is TERRIBLE for recording (Android) the sound pops when you play it back so I use a small camera to record instead. One of the reasons I don't bother streaming.  On my lesser equiptment it never sounds as good as what I heard while I was there.  

Just now, metalms said:

My phone is TERRIBLE for recording (Android) the sound pops when you play it back so I use a small camera to record instead. One of the reasons I don't bother streaming.  On my lesser equiptment it never sounds as good as what I heard while I was there.  

Exactly! And I said that because I remember reading people say how he sounded not the best at the SF show...well I was there in person and he sounded fuckin great live! That is why I made that point. He does sound better in person compared to periscope. IMHO. :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Exactly! And I said that because I remember reading people say how he sounded not the best at the SF show...well I was there in person and he sounded fuckin great live! That is why I made that point. He does sound better in person compared to periscope. IMHO. :)

Also their location in the arena can have something to do with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nalbi said:

Wow, sounds like Japanese are not much into them, good for us!

yeah i really don't know man... there were a few buying them for sure but when i saw they were actually numbered... and mine wasn't even close to the bottom... and i purchased them AFTER the show.

honestly maybe the Osaka design is just comparatively shit :shrugs:

Why does Slash have a chain and a bandana hanging from his arse? Is it just to look ''cool''?

PS

And come to think of it, Rose must be really broke. Here I am criticising his cashgrabbing yet, have you seen the state of his jeans?

Edited by DieselDaisy

3 minutes ago, Słash said:

@amaninjapan great pics!

Were you in the "VIP" pit? I heard that they let you enter the venue according to the number on the ticket? like how does it work? there is a roll call for numbers 1 to 100 or something like that? 

yes i was in the VIP standing aka pit

the tickets all have a number on them and they section people into lots of 100 outside the stadium when you're going in. so for example my code was 916 and so i had to stand in the 900-1000 line. i then waited as the 0-100 line went in, followed by 100-200, followed by 200-300 etc.

honestly, if you're fast, pushy or halfway decently sized, you should be able to muscle your way to the front of the pit - I did! Spent the entire baby metal performance trying to get to the front and about five songs into the GNR, i got hold of the railing at the front and just kept holding on until i got a piece of the front hahah. It's dog eat dog man!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Well there were some streams last night with horrible audio. Just sayin. And not everyone uses iphones. I don't. I feel the Facebook live video had better audio/visual of the show.

But you can still hear his tone of voice

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

Why is he singing November Rain with falsetto through all the song?? It would sound thousand times better with his normal talking voice, and don't come saying that it's to take care of his voice, its November Rain, c'mon! That song should sound perfect at every show, the only part that puts his voice under some stress is the final screams, and thats it.

Absolutely could not agree more. 

I can justify (i.e. make excuses) for a lot of other stuff he does vocally but I will never understand why he does that in NR 

• Like 4

Only thing I've heard so far is the second LALD scream...it wasn't very long. But first show, it will get better as he gets into the tour. He might be thrown off by the longer break. He looks to be in good shape though so if he keeps bettering himself then the performances will start to follow.

no way the show was unbearable I'm sure the fans had a good time last night. 

However Axl definitely makes some odd vocal choices on certain songs as some posters pointed out already. He's got the voice to make the show better than it already is 

1 hour ago, NachoLZ said:

Why is he singing November Rain with falsetto through all the song?? It would sound thousand times better with his normal talking voice, and don't come saying that it's to take care of his voice, its November Rain, c'mon! That song should sound perfect at every show, the only part that puts his voice under some stress is the final screams, and thats it.

14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Absolutely could not agree more. 

I can justify (i.e. make excuses) for a lot of other stuff he does vocally but I will never understand why he does that in NR 

You mean like the one he uses in Don't Cry...? I agree..

• Like 1