01/21/17 - Osaka - Kyocera Dome

RussTCB

Okay, stupid question guys.

After my success meeting Axl at the hotel a couple of days ago, my friend wants to go today and take his chances. They have a show tonight in Kobe, which is really about 45 min away from Osaka and I will assume they're not going to pack their bags and move to an entirely different hotel just for one night. So the question is... what time do you think would be best to hit up the hotel?

22 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

I'm not sure the fans need Richard, Frank and Melissa in the band. If they really cared about the fans they would perform with Izzy and Steven, they would record new songs etc. All they do is playing the same songs in front of faceless crowds.

Exactly! You're proving my point. BreakDown2014 wished that GNR would care about the fans even just a little bit. Not too long ago a reunion with Slash was all that most fans wanted. Now that Axl made amends with his nemesis, so there could be a reunion tour that's not enough anymore. They're playing Coma, the most fan requested song there is, but caring about fans even just a little bit is never enough. It has to be a reunion of the appetite lineup, new music and Axl must be able to sing and look like he used to or otherwise they don't care about fans at all, according to some people.

Edited by Lies They Tell
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Prove it

Uh, I don't know... What about the footage and pictures we've seen of the band REHEARSING? Hell, hours prior to the Troubadour shoe we were seeing pictures of the band rehearsing and sound clips with Axl. Not to mention I heard him at a soundcheck myself in New Jersey last summer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Uh, I don't know... What about the footage and pictures we've seen of the band REHEARSING? Hell, hours prior to the Troubadour shoe we were seeing pictures of the band rehearsing and sound clips with Axl. Not to mention I heard him at a soundcheck myself in New Jersey last summer.

Soundchecks are not rehearsals

With regards to rehersals and soundchecks, didn't Axl himself even say during the China Exchange interview that Slash, Duff & co. prefer to rehearse and/or 'check as an ensemble sans vocals or that they prefer to rehearse with just the drummer or something like that?

Even if they did rehearse as a whole brand, would we even be privy to seeing that?

We know they've done it in the past as there's footage out there, I think it was Detroit

1 hour ago, Black Sabbath said:

I heard him at soundcheck in Cinincinnat as well on Out To Get Me and had no clue it was actually Steven drumming. 

Just now, amaninjapan said:

wasn't yesterday, it was the day before. at about 4 or 5pm. but they didnt have a show that day, nor was it the day after the show... so i'm reluctant to try to compare :wacko:

Oh sorry, this time difference thing really confuses me lol. I live in AK and you guys are 16 hours ahead of me and I'm still a bit tired from watching the show from 1 to 3:30 am! :)

Most singers don't attend every sound check or rehearsal. I won't pretend Axl is like most professional singers but cut him a little slack. Vocal chords are the hardest instrument to maintain. 

AC/DC he was forced to rehearse every day bc it was new material to him. Guns hasn't introduced anything new since Coma and before that it was The Seeker in 2012...rehearsal doesn't do much for him. 

Axl's vocal restraints lie in the fact that he won't change his style of singing on Guns material. He's stubborn and sticks to what he knows. At the end of the NA run Axl sounded about par for the course for what we come to expect but then 3 days later he's firing on all cylinders sounding rejuvenated on AC/DC material in Greensboro...Again it's the style of singing he's using. I wouldn't expect it to change anytime soon. 

Its not laziness, he's simply to stubborn to change 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Most singers don't attend every sound check or rehearsal. I won't pretend Axl is like most professional singers but cut him a little slack. Vocal chords are the hardest instrument to maintain. 

AC/DC he was forced to rehearse every day bc it was new material to him. Guns hasn't introduced anything new since Coma and before that it was The Seeker in 2012...rehearsal doesn't do much for him. 

Axl's vocal restraints lie in the fact that he won't change his style of singing on Guns material. He's stubborn and sticks to what he knows. At the end of the NA run Axl sounded about par for the course for what we come to expect but then 3 days later he's firing on all cylinders sounding rejuvenated on AC/DC material in Greensboro...Again it's the style of singing he's using. I wouldn't expect it to change anytime soon. 

Its not laziness, he's simply to stubborn to change 

This.

Axl has never been a great live singer. He's a great front man because he moves around and enjoys himself, but he's never been an overall great singer live.

But it's not because he can't sing, because he can. It's just hard to replicate the studio sound live. In a controlled environment with multiple takes and top of the line technology, probably recording one song and then taking a long break before another, it's much easier to get good power, rasp, and range. At a live show when you're running around, sweating, remembering lyrics, and performing for over two hours it's not as easy.

Sure, he could do SCOM, NR, etc in a lower voice which comes easier to him, but people in the general public are going to notice the lack of range more than the lack of rasp.

Edited by liers