01/21/17 - Osaka - Kyocera Dome

RussTCB

7 hours ago, ludurigan said:

so someone really did heavily altered axl image to make him look thin?

i really hope that axl himself has nothing to do with this nonsense

because that is beyond pathetic

The stupid thing is he actually does look fucking great right now. Best shape he's been in for years. Instead of photospopping maybe just use a recent a picture...

• Like 1

It is pretty insane to read certain things. Every crowd at every city and country around the world have left the shows immensely happy about what they had just seen, yet some people here expects the band to cancel a tour because Axl doesn't sound as good as they'd want him to. It's hysterical.

Axl will never be 25 again, no matter how much shit we talk about him, but it's up to you. If you wanna have unrealistic expectations and get disappointed every week, that's your decision.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

It is pretty insane to read certain things. Every crowd at every city and country around the world have left the shows immensely happy about what they had just seen, yet some people here expects the band to cancel a tour because Axl doesn't sound as good as they'd want him to. It's hysterical.

Axl will never be 25 again, no matter how much shit we talk about him, but it's up to you. If you wanna have unrealistic expectations and get disappointed every week, that's your decision.

Yes, completely unrealistic hysterical expectations!

25 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

To me he is always wonderful and will always be ;)

I just met Fernando. He's on his way to the venue now and we talked about last night's show.

Says the guys won't be leaving for the venue for another couple of hours. That means they wouldn't get to the venue until 6. Is he telling the truth or trying to psyche me out in the hopes I'll leave?

:lol:

15 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

Yes, completely unrealistic hysterical expectations!

Is he supposed to sing SCOM, RQ or NR with that voice? There are songs that seem to fit the voice he has nowadays way better than others. Most of the AC/DC stuff seem to fit him well as it also happens with Out Ta Get Me for example.

Still, compare that Back In Black with this, there's a world of difference.

5 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

To me he is always wonderful and will always be ;)

I think he was completely terrible in 2002 but ever since he came back in 2006, he's always been good enough for me. Every time I saw him, I had a blast no matter what people were saying in forums.

6 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

I just met Fernando. He's on his way to the venue now and we talked about last night's show.

Says the guys won't be leaving for the venue for another couple of hours. That means they wouldn't get to the venue until 6. Is he telling the truth or trying to psyche me out in the hopes I'll leave?

:lol:

I don't think he wants you to leave. People in Japan seem to be really polite so, as long as there's not a huge crowd out there, they'll be fine with you being there.

10 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Is he supposed to sing SCOM, RQ or NR with that voice? There are songs that seem to fit the voice he has nowadays way better than others. Most of the AC/DC stuff seem to fit him well as it also happens with Out Ta Get Me for example.

I think he was completely terrible in 2002 but ever since he came back in 2006, he's always been good enough for me. Every time I saw him, I had a blast no matter what people were saying in forums.

I don't think he wants you to leave. People in Japan seem to be really polite so, as long as there's not a huge crowd out there, they'll be fine with you being there.

I'm in the upper lobby, alone, away from everybody else waiting. Everyone else is waiting outside the hotel in the shopping mall area that is attached to the hotel. Same place I met Axl on Friday. Just by accident I started chatting with someone at the hotel and managed to convince them to let me wait in the upper lobby for a 'friend who has my ticket for tonight's show' :lol:

Just wondering how long I can keep this ruse up :wacko:

Edited by amaninjapan

3 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

Didn't stop him from saying it in 1992

So we've both probably put more thought into this than he ever has. The question is why he would say Los Angeles instead of Hollywood in 2017. I offered an opinion and others have offered theirs. Perhaps the man himself will provide some explanation. 

2 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

I'm in the upper lobby away from everybody else waiting. Everyone else is waiting outside the hotel in the shopping mall area that is attached to the hotel. Same place I met Axl on Friday. Just by accident I started chatting with someone at the hotel and managed to convince them to let me wait in the upper lobby for a 'friend who has my ticket for tonight's show' :lol:

For the sake of our entertainment, hang in there a while longer! You got this man! Just remember to mention that Breakdown would be good to play tonight! 

2 minutes ago, TOS--LOA said:

For the sake of our entertainment, hang in there a while longer! You got this man! Just remember to mention that Breakdown would be good to play tonight! 

The ONLY reason I don't want to stay is that every minute I stay here is one minute longer until I go to Kobe to try to buy the lithographs. The Kobe venue is smaller so I'm worried there's less of them.

9 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

I'm in the upper lobby, alone, away from everybody else waiting. Everyone else is waiting outside the hotel in the shopping mall area that is attached to the hotel. Same place I met Axl on Friday. Just by accident I started chatting with someone at the hotel and managed to convince them to let me wait in the upper lobby for a 'friend who has my ticket for tonight's show' :lol:

Well, you're about to find out :lol:

Hang in there as long as they allow you to. It might pay off and it will be memorable for you if it does! ;)

13 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Axl's got a lot of voices outside of Back in Black belting...anyone of em is better than what he does with Guns 

That has the be the worst Coma of all-time, everyone sounds great except Axl who completely misses lines, is out of breath the entire song and his pitch is all over the place. I'm fully aware that it's a difficult song to sing but he was killing it last summer. I think they should only pull out Coma when Axl is midway or late in the tour after he gets some performances under his belt, because that was embarrassing.

I also listened to Better and Estranged from this show, both again very abysmal effort from Axl. I don't think he can sing the verses in Better properly anymore tbh, now I'm noticing he's cutting off lines prematurely to catch breath.

Unpreparedness is really terrible. I feel sorry for the fans who see him early on tour.

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I watched that Dirty Deeds video and it is indeed awesome but I don't think it's any better than these 

I'm more impressed with Rock N Roll Thunder than anything bc he never uses that voice anymore, but I think the point is that for songs like SCOM, NR, and PC Axl has great vocals that could work for those songs but for whatever reason he finds it important to use a weaker voice that projects poorly 

2 hours ago, rendestroi95 said:

Weakest Coma so far

he fucked up everything he could, notes, tempo, lyrics... unfuckingbelievable

Yeah, Coma was pretty rough.  I wish the camera caught him better when he completely lost the song and had a sort of "Well, fuck, I give up" moment and skipped two lines to get back on track.

I am more amused by it than disappointed though.

• Like 1

I'm sure Axl knows how was it. Perhaps too much time in gym on a break.   :lol:

Band sounds good on Coma and Slash seems to be more relaxed. Axl looks a bit slimmer. Hats and flanes just doens't work for me. But the again it's Axl Rose. Take it or leave it.

I just hope they get the machine warm before Portugal and Finland.  

That 2009-2010 voice was :headbang::headbang:  Powerhouse..

Edited by Axeli

7 hours ago, wasted said:

The set list on the first page doesn't list DTJ. Come on guys get it together. I nearly had stroke thinking they dropped DTJ. 

Sorry that was my fault. I was in and out of the house during the periscopes yesterday so was playing catch up with the setlist at some points.

Someone let me know at what point they played it and I'll update the OP.

8 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Sorry that was my fault. I was in and out of the house during the periscopes yesterday so was playing catch up with the setlist at some points.

Someone let me know at what point they played it and I'll update the OP.

after Jungle

• Like 1

How can u complain  about axl? His voice sounds great live - I seen the Nashville gig and he was amazing - Stop going by streams and phones it doesn't capture anything =Slash sounds beyond amazing on streams but Live he is even more amazing with his tone - Axl sounds great - this is and always will be a jam band that was made to perform live from the beginning -GNR still are and I LOVE IT 

Edited by TMAC20
  • Like 1