01/21/17 - Osaka - Kyocera Dome

RussTCB

I just watched the whole show from osaka - wtf are you complaining  about - Before I say anymore I am and was on SLASHS side during the break up - I think AXL sounds terrific - TROLLERS AND HATERS -GNR HAS always had them - I cant wait till the band comes back to the states- I will be there again - a new record will come just wait and see- Gnr will make a bunch of new recordings - you think Axl doesnt have a few albums worth of lyrics dont be suprised and with SLASH and DUFF on board - gonna be great times again 

He sounded pretty rough on Coma, but hopefully once they warm up a bit and he gets back into it things will improve. 

I'm not sure what it is that happens -  maybe just lack of practice beforehand or keeping his voice active in the band's downtime? It seems like he's always rusty when he comes back. Part of what benefited the AC/DC shows was that it was bookmarked between Guns. 

13 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Is he supposed to sing SCOM, RQ or NR with that voice? There are songs that seem to fit the voice he has nowadays way better than others. Most of the AC/DC stuff seem to fit him well as it also happens with Out Ta Get Me for example.

Still, compare that Back In Black with this, there's a world of difference.

in ac/dc, axl sung back in black and thunderstruck like he used to sing in guns n roses

i dont see he doing much of that on the guns n aliens tour

2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

in ac/dc, axl sung back in black and thunderstruck like he used to sing in guns n roses

i dont see he doing much of that on the guns n aliens tour

I agree with this 

I saw guns in Vegas lasr year n Axl / DC bk in the summer in London

I thought he sounds so much better with Angus n Co.

Back in back and Hills Bells brilliant 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gibbinson said:

I agree with this 

I saw guns in Vegas lasr year n Axl / DC bk in the summer in London

I thought he sounds so much better with Angus n Co.

Back in back and Hills Bells brilliant 

Hills Bells is vastly under-rated and far superior to Hells Bells.  

• Like 3

On 1/22/2017 at 7:48 PM, IncitingChaos said:

Most singers don't attend every sound check or rehearsal. I won't pretend Axl is like most professional singers but cut him a little slack. Vocal chords are the hardest instrument to maintain. 

AC/DC he was forced to rehearse every day bc it was new material to him. Guns hasn't introduced anything new since Coma and before that it was The Seeker in 2012...rehearsal doesn't do much for him. 

Axl's vocal restraints lie in the fact that he won't change his style of singing on Guns material. He's stubborn and sticks to what he knows. At the end of the NA run Axl sounded about par for the course for what we come to expect but then 3 days later he's firing on all cylinders sounding rejuvenated on AC/DC material in Greensboro...Again it's the style of singing he's using. I wouldn't expect it to change anytime soon. 

Its not laziness, he's simply to stubborn to change 

The conversation on this forum is proof no matter if he sings it how he's expected or changes it people aren't happy.

He's critisized for everything.

On 1/21/2017 at 1:23 PM, NachoLZ said:

Why is he singing November Rain with falsetto through all the song?? It would sound thousand times better with his normal talking voice, and don't come saying that it's to take care of his voice, its November Rain, c'mon! That song should sound perfect at every show, the only part that puts his voice under some stress is the final screams, and thats it.

I don't think you understand very well. 

For example someone who sings at higher pitches isn't always good at singing in lower pitches and vice versa. Axl has always shown a good capacity to sing at various ranges but it doesn't mean that certain songs that may seem lower ranged than others won't strain his voice because their lower. I haven't seen any videos of this concert yet but generally when people claim Axl is using falsetto he's not. 

Without hearing it I couldn't say yet if it's just his clear voice to which some call head voice though Again that's due to varying opinions on what is really what. Again different people have different opinions rather head voice and falsetto are the same or different and it's different for women but, in general falsetto is used when you can't hit a note so to speak in your normal comfortable range. It's a false voice per se. People can and do train their falsetto so it's not to say it can't be a practiced art or lowered but there is a general level to it

It's quite hard to explain this to people as opinions of those with true knowledge vary especially when it comes to what is the head voice or clear voice and is it a falsetto. 

I personally would use what many here call a falsetto a clear voice very different in my opinion. It's not uncommon for Countertenors to with proper training use a falsetto and you wouldn't even recognize it. 

Honestly even some singers have a hard time understanding when they slip into falsetto, likely not an issue for Axl but also it's less likely random people would know when he's using falsetto all the time either.

Either way if he's using falsetto it's actually not a big deal it's quite common in Rock music, I mean Queen anybody?What fans need to understand is he wouldn't purposely use falsetto without a reason. 

I'd wager to say he's very well trained with falsetto and I'd also say he aims to use a clear voice more often than not.

Edited by BOSSY78
Autocorrect sucks

On 1/24/2017 at 6:53 AM, BOSSY78 said:

I don't think you understand very well. 

For example someone who sings at higher pitches isn't always good at singing in lower pitches and vice versa. Axl has always shown a good capacity to sing at various ranges but it doesn't mean that certain songs that may seem lower ranged than others won't strain his voice because their lower. I haven't seen any videos of this concert yet but generally when people claim Axl is using falsetto he's not. 

Without hearing it I couldn't say yet if it's just his clear voice to which some call head voice though Again that's due to varying opinions on what is really what. Again different people have different opinions rather head voice and falsetto are the same or different and it's different for women but, in general falsetto is used when you can't hit a note so to speak in your normal comfortable range. It's a false voice per se. People can and do train their falsetto so it's not to say it can't be a practiced art or lowered but there is a general level to it

It's quite hard to explain this to people as opinions of those with true knowledge vary especially when it comes to what is the head voice or clear voice and is it a falsetto. 

I personally would use what many here call a falsetto a clear voice very different in my opinion. It's not uncommon for Countertenors to with proper training use a falsetto and you wouldn't even recognize it. 

Honestly even some singers have a hard time understanding when they slip into falsetto, likely not an issue for Axl but also it's less likely random people would know when he's using falsetto all the time either.

Either way if he's using falsetto it's actually not a big deal it's quite common in Rock music, I mean Queen anybody?What fans need to understand is he wouldn't purposely use falsetto without a reason. 

I'd wager to say he's very well trained with falsetto and I'd also say he aims to use a clear voice more often than not.

He could sing November Rain with the same voice he uses for Don't Cry,  he ain't suffering in Dont Cry (or Patience), he has singed NR many times with that voice and sounds way better.