01/28/17 - Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena

RussTCB

Sorry about my lack of commenting on this show in particular. My computer hates the streams tonight. When I do get the sound my computer distorts it. Nightrain is the only song that it hasn't cut out or sounded ...weird.

Facebook streams are particularly rough as they suddenly slow down then speed up the sound. I prefer the completely cutting out then coming back to that.

4 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Not many scopes early on, Axl sounds decent. Band sounds amazing. I thought NR was excellent. OTGM was a highlight and my stream currently is on nightrain going at 100 mph and so I can't tell if the vocals are weak or Axl is in a hurry to finish the show...(it's my streams fault) 

okay thank you for the reply! I was at Nightrain as well and it was quite fast, stream is down now tho, and yeha it's okay to be critical because you have seen what he is capable of with AC/DC so you know he has it in him! too bad i missed OTM and Coma 

11 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

but we also know things have been working on the creative front while the band has been touring during the NITL tour. Richard said they have been coming up with things on the road. Things have clearly changed, especially with the internal mechanics of the band.

Again you have no proof of that. It has long been well known that Richard is full of it.

7 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I'm convinced you're just trolling now. Axl is far more consistent, and probably sounds the best since he has since 2010. Some would even argue that he is hitting the notes with more clarity now that he was then as well...

Not trolling. 

Axl was far more consistent with AC/DC as I had the chance to see them performed, but his performances with GNR haven't really changed, he's been very weak since the beginning of the SA leg and it's disappointing. And no, I don't think that he sounds better than in 2014 during the residency for example.

Look it's not all about Axl, like I said the show isn't really exciting now, and I probably won't see them this summer. Too many cooks spoil the broth.

It's So Easy
Mr Brownstne
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Doulbe Talkin Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/New Rose
This I Love
Civil War
Coma
Band Intros
Slash's solo /Godfather Theme
Sweet Child O' Mine
Used To Love Her
Out Ta Get Me
Wish You Were Here
Layla*
November Rain
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain
Don't Cry
The Fuckin Seeker
Paradise City
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gibbo said:
It's So Easy
Mr Brownstne
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Doulbe Talkin Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/New Rose
This I Love
Civil War
Coma
Band Intros
Slash's solo /Godfather Theme
Sweet Child O' Mine
Used To Love Her
Out Ta Get Me
Wish You Were Here
Layla*
November Rain
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain
Don't Cry
The Fuckin Seeker
Paradise City

Updated the OP with your setlist, including the editorial on The Seeker :lol:

20 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Again you have no proof of that. It has long been well known that Richard is full of it.

Not trolling. 

Axl was far more consistent with AC/DC as I had the chance to see them performed, but his performances with GNR haven't really changed, he's been very weak since the beginning of the SA leg and it's disappointing. And no, I don't think that he sounds better than in 2014 during the residency for example.

Look it's not all about Axl, like I said the show isn't really exciting now, and I probably won't see them this summer. Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Oh? It's not like you're pulling your information from band members too, right? Richard is nearly everyone's source for the band's music work. The only information we had from Axl is that CD II and CD Remix was done, as well as some obscure tweet. Everything else came from other sources. Just like i am telling you that some sources state that Slash has worked on songs like Atlas Shrugged, that Axl himself said he has shown Slash and Duff CD stuff and that he intends to follow through with material, and that Richard has said they have been making new stuff on the road. What i have said is just as legitimate as your claims, and they are much more timely and relevant as well.

Regarding Axl's consistency, i don't think he is particularly weak, and if you want to say that, we can look to the first half of 2014 as well. Clearly, Axl is performing much better with Guns and AC/DC now, than he was in 2014. Anyone can pick a couple of shows (like the 2014 Vegas residency) and say they sounded much better. Just like i can pick out Houston, Washington DC and San Diego etc and say they sounded much better. We should be looking at the entire tour, and i think it is very clear that they sound much better now.

It's not exciting for you because you've been to the GN'R and AC/DC concerts, as well as watched many more online. I'm sure it's exciting for everybody else. Hell, i've watched nearly all of their concerts, and i'm excited to see them in the next couple of weeks because i haven't done so since 2013.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 2