01/29/17 - Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena

RussTCB

On 1.2.2017 at 0:16 PM, wasted said:

It's kind of cool that Slash is even play CD songs and even if it doesn't quite get the CD versions it does show it could be a new thing. Maybe it just needs to be less noodle, it's best when he sustains notes and follows the melody of the song, more like an outro on Nightrain. 

Maybe it's just the TIL solo is so classic to me. Robin did the perfect solo. I feel like doing a Don't Cry type solo would work. 

Theoretically speaking, it's also an advantage Axl has like a standard of quality now to reach or exceed when it comes to guitar solos. If there are unreleased solos that are as good as This I Love, There Was A Time, If The World, Better, Sorry, Street Of Dreams like Robin said his favorites didn't even get released.

So Slash doesn't have as big of a responsibility to deliver all brilliant like his Illusion leads. So he can top half of it or most of it and Axl can use that, and perfect Bucket and Robin solos could be used or Slash might use the musical concepts to deliver his message.

I'm curious about the 1996 sessions. Both Fortus and Tommy have mentioned those now. The old Slash tune is not the only good material it seems from that time they tried to make a Guns album without Paul Huge and Robin Finck.

Edited by Rovim

8 hours ago, Rovim said:

Theoretically speaking, it's also an advantage Axl has like a standard of quality now to reach or exceed when it comes to guitar solos. If there are unreleased solos that are as good as This I Love, There Was A Time, If The World, Better, Sorry, Street Of Dreams like Robin said his favorites didn't even get released.

So Slash doesn't have as big of a responsibility to deliver all brilliant like his Illusion leads. So he can top half of it or most of it and Axl can use that, and perfect Bucket and Robin solos could be used or Slash might use the musical concepts to deliver his message.

I'm curious about the 1996 sessions. Both Fortus and Tommy have mentioned those now. The old Slash tune is not the only good material it seems from that time they tried to make a Guns album without Paul Huge and Robin Finck.

Maybe there's difference between what the band think of as songs and how many lyrics/vocal melodies Axl has. 

If you're thinking there will be 5-6 new songs, and a few from 96 say, then maybe in the end there might only be 3-4 from CD and they might not have solos Axl likes. Slash might be the new Ron for any CD era stuff. 

I'm not sure how much Bucket songs like Shacklers and Scraped there would be. 

It really depends if it's a triple cd set of everything or a stand alone cd with the Big 3 front and centre. 

Axl is going into the last record fully loaded with comprehensive back up. Calling all units we have a riot in sector 7. 

• Like 1

• 6 years later...