02/02/17 - Wellington - Westpac Stadium

RussTCB

38 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

It's funny on YCBM from Houston his voice isn't all that different from what he normally uses, he just was actually hitting the notes with control and without letting his voice weaken at the end of the note. It's how he thinks he sounds all the time or atleast what he's going for. I think that night the air was right, his voice had enough power and he could capture the notes correctly instead of what normally happens which is his voice gets into that Mickey stage and it sounds weak. 

He definately had what he wanted in Houston and showed there is still something special in the tank 

I don't get why everyone is obsessed with that performance of YCBM, the first line has rasp and then it's Mickey until the end...

• Like 1

On 02/02/2017 at 1:07 PM, AlexC said:
On 02/02/2017 at 0:56 PM, Martin Riggs said:

Why is Far Away Eyes listed?

Played over the PA at the end of the concert.

On 02/02/2017 at 4:13 PM, AlexC said:

Yeah, they seem to play that song after pretty much every show. The only time it changed was when Leonard Cohen died and they played "Everybody Knows" instead. Which was a cool little throwback.

In the NA leg they played Baby Please Don't Go (AC/DC's version). Far Away Eyes (the best country song ever written according to Axl) has been played since the SA leg.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I don't get why everyone is obsessed with that performance of YCBM, the first line has rasp and then it's Mickey until the end...

Agreed. He always sounds pretty bad on that one.. He should use one of his other voices.  Like Nightrain or something. It will be different but still good. Different is better than bad. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FabioRoses said:

loved the ending, Axl is improving again :headbang:

Axl did sound pretty old school at the end of this... The use of the whammy bar by Fortus always annoys me on this song but I would love to see them do it if and when I see them again. I got Patience at both the shows I saw last year.  From the solo on is just an epic Axl/Slash moment...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It's not so much obsessed. It's just a quality performance that is more acceptable and makes YCBM listenable compared to every other show. If he sounded like Houston every night I would be thrilled. No complaints. If he sounds like 2010 Axl then that's a huge bonus. 

Does Axl either save his voice for CD songs, or trains/prepares his voice for CD songs which effects or makes the show harder? He seems to have a safe style of singing and can let loose for a song, but then goes back to the safe style. 

Like does doing TIL to the max then put strain for following songs. Maybe even a little I'm bored of this song but I have to do it. 

I want to do an experient where Axl sings Estranged, Coma, This I Love in a ACDC set. 

• alfierose unpinned this topic
  • 4 years later...