02/10/17 - Sydney - ANZ Stadium

RussTCB

22 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

This was actually history. First time Angus performed without his signature outfit since he first got it in about 1972

Was gunna mention how this I the first time I can recall seeing Angus playing in jeans and a shirt. Kinda weird. 

They dropped Coma for the DC thing?

That is surprising considering that is sort of the 'centre point deep cut' in this setlist (I personally do not care for the song much but I'm in the minority there.) It is basically one of only two songs re-introduced with Hudson and McKagan, the other being Double Talkin' Jive, but considering 'Coma' was barely played on the Illusion tour, 'Coma' should certainly be considered the bona fide deep cut of the current set.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They dropped Coma for the DC thing?

That is surprising considering that is sort of the 'centre point deep cut' in this setlist (I personally do not care for the song much but I'm in the minority there.) It is basically one of only two songs re-introduced with Hudson and McKagan, the other being Double Talkin' Jive, but considering 'Coma' was barely played on the Illusion tour, 'Coma' should certainly be considered the bona fide deep cut of the current set.

Oooh, look whoose become the little GnR follower these days :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Oooh, look whoose become the little GnR follower these days :lol:

You are the one who acts unfazed and nonchalant about the whole thing. I've never tried to hide the fact I was a huge fan until Axl destroyed everything and I basically become a bit of a well hater haha. I think you just act 'too cool for school' and secretly have all the lithographs and VIP tickets in your wallet right now for GN'R in Wembley - both nights. 

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are the one who acts unfazed and nonchalant about the whole thing. I've never tried to hide the fact I was a huge fan until Axl destroyed everything and I basically become a bit of a well hater haha. I think you just act 'too cool for school' and secretly have all the lithographs and VIP tickets in your wallet right now for GN'R in Wembley - both nights. 

Mastubating in my pantry converted into an Axl shrine, yes :lol:  I've never hid the fact that i was a huge fan too...until i was 13 :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut

Incredible show! Incredible energy. I was at Brisbane as well as this one and SYDNEY was at least 100 times better (being there).

from all the shows I've seen I have never seen the band so happy, smiling and just so pleased to be up there!

• Like 2

That stream was badass! too bad i'll never see Guns with Angus. Stupid, drunk idea 100%. GN'R - AC/DC double album. first half is original Guns tunes with Angus guesting on a couple, second half is AC/DC with Slash on a couple of tunes. Both of Axl's bands in one? why not? nevermind any of that :lol:

Edited by LastBandit303

I'm pretty sure that who is complaining isn't doing it about the fact they played 2 AC/DC's songs with Angus Young because it was awesome. I know it's 2 nights in a row at the same venue, but, they should have dropped another covers and not GNR songs like Coma, UTLH, My Michelle or OTGM.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They're playing the Olympic Stadium in Stratford... not Wembley...

Angus is awesome, as usual.

As for the setlist complainers - the band plays for the people attending the shows, not for internet jerks. And since they hardly play any single place twice (Sydney etc. being an exception), there is no point in complaining unless you actually attend both of these shows (and even then it's meant for different people due to high selling numbers rather than for the same crowd imo). I think we had a bunch of amazing surprises last year, and their catalogue ain't endless. They are still reintroducing themselves to the world, just be glad we have what we have. Isn't that amazing? Who would have thought?

• Like 1

Well, if we're going on the current "every second show" rotation the setlist is doing - these are the songs dropped for ACDC.

Coma (if anything, putting it straight after Civil War has one positive - I get a great 25 minute rest before SCOM)
Yesterdays / My Michelle (aren't played that often anyway)
Sorry (there you go, a CD song cut as well)