02/10/17 - Sydney - ANZ Stadium

RussTCB

14 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Stadium wa spacked...I don't know numbers but there is anothoer review

https://dailyreview.com.au/guns-n-roses-anz/55629/

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

Will GnR actually release new music for this? Will any other hard rock bands step up and join in?

I think they will and the timing will be right. Slash/Axl and Duff are going around the world letting people know they are back and leaving people wanting more.. Maybe they will finish this massive Stadium tour and then drop a successful album and promote it with an incredible Arena tour.

• Like 1

There are too many covers in the set in my opinion but AC/DC in Aus is just a huge deal of course so can see how this would have been massive!

As for new music, I highly doubt it.  I think the tour will run into next year ending in Europe or possibly with some US dates in the big markets again but really don't see them making an album at this stage.  Maybe in another 5 years time we will get the "final" tour

Edited by northernsoul

5 hours ago, Apollo said:

Glad to see positive reviews still coming in. But 7 covers is ridiculous. 

Obviously the world is craving a real hard rock band revolution. Will GnR actually release new music for this? Will any other hard rock bands step up and join in?

You weren't there, so why are you so worried about the number of covers? There were 3 more than usual last night, but they included Angry Anderson and Angus. That makes it pretty special if you were there. And none of those 3 have been played in a while. If they played Mama Kin in St Louis and Joe & Steven jumped in, I say hell yeah!

That said, I'd be fine without LALD & KOHD in St Louis in July, but the fact a song is or isn't a cover doesn't get me all uptight. It's a fuckin rock n roll show- I like to hear bands pay respect to their influences personally.

13 hours ago, itsy said:

Everyone seems to hate The Seeker, but all you have to do is see how much fun they have playing it.  Everyone is smiling.  Slash was right up front of the runway with a smile on his face.  I honestly feel like when that song started there was a kind of lift of energy.  I am not a fan of the song itself and yeah I would like if they played more original stuff but damn if they love the song and have a great time playing it, fucken let em?

Right at the beginning of the The Seeker, Slash yelled out to the band n crowd "let's go" with so much passion n power then they tore it up. It was fucking amazing.  

Slash LOVES playing The Seeker. 

14 hours ago, Kyles said:

Right at the beginning of the The Seeker, Slash yelled out to the band n crowd "let's go" with so much passion n power then they tore it up. It was fucking amazing.  

Slash LOVES playing The Seeker. 

I definitely saw the band get right into it...

On 11/02/2017 at 10:16 PM, gnrkoncerti said:

Stadium wa spacked...I don't know numbers but there is anothoer review

https://dailyreview.com.au/guns-n-roses-anz/55629/

When Taylor Swift played ANZ the entire stadium was packed - that attendance was 75,980. Considering the very top nosebleeds were empty (and understandably so, when there's 2 shows to pick from) I would say 55 to 65 is a good estimate. So for both shows maybe 120,000? Which would be their biggest combined audience since Mexico City.

• Like 1