02/14/17 - Melbourne - Melbourne Cricket Ground

RussTCB

5 hours ago, Belfer said:

Trivia:-Axl Rose appeared on the soundchecku-Team on trial before theshow he practised mainly pieces of AC/DC-"Whole Lotta Rosie", "Riff Raff" and (surprise) "Walk All Over You". 

:shocked: That's in my top 3 'DC songs. No way!!!!

1 hour ago, Archtop said:

McBob's little fuck up, got them trending in the UK, No such thing as bad publicity

Interesting but not altogether surprising tidbit - it was Fairfax media (subject of the "blackout" after their Brisbane review) that wrote that article. :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

Poor Axl, no wonder he hides under those hats. He doesn't have the luxury of hiding under hair sunglasses and a top hat like Slash and look like his 90's self.  

Truthfully most people go to hear Axl, and his performances are still incredible. Everyone at a show will testify to that. Slash is like the cherry on top. If you don't like Axl you can say you went to see Slash, but for me and I know  many others you can't duplicate his vocals. Guitar is an instrument that can be repeated but a voice is something truly unique. 

Im not taking a dig at Slash either, what he does with a guitar is incredible and nobody will deny that. I just hate seeing people belittle what Axl is doing just Bc he doesn't look like he's 28 anymore 

People who wanted that (see/hear Axl) went to NuGNR show (so did I and had a great time) and could see that other part of your post doesn't work -  you can't replicate sound of Slash's guitar no matter how hard one try.

Most of that people in stadiums around the world are coming to see GunsNRoses not just Axl or just Slash.

• Like 3