02/14/17 - Melbourne - Melbourne Cricket Ground

RussTCB

4 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Poor Axl, no wonder he hides under those hats. He doesn't have the luxury of hiding under hair sunglasses and a top hat like Slash and look like his 90's self.  

Truthfully most people go to hear Axl, and his performances are still incredible. Everyone at a show will testify to that. Slash is like the cherry on top. If you don't like Axl you can say you went to see Slash, but for me and I know  many others you can't duplicate his vocals. Guitar is an instrument that can be repeated but a voice is something truly unique. 

Im not taking a dig at Slash either, what he does with a guitar is incredible and nobody will deny that. I just hate seeing people belittle what Axl is doing just Bc he doesn't look like he's 28 anymore 

Poor Axl is going to make over $50 million on this tour. Seems like a pretty small inconvenience given the money involved. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Tadsy said:

I don't understand why anyone would post a random idiots opinion on Twitter on here like it's supposed to mean something? I mean the douche just posted a pic of himself with a can of vb and a microwave meal! Fucking loser if I ever saw one ??

6 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

People who wanted that (see/hear Axl) went to NuGNR show (so did I and had a great time) and could see that other part of your post doesn't work -  you can't replicate sound of Slash's guitar no matter how hard one try.

Most of that people in stadiums around the world are coming to see GunsNRoses not just Axl or just Slash.

I see your point, maybe I'm saying that Axl's instrument is the more unique sound being the singer. As great as Slash is I have found most people don't know enough about guitar to understand fully how good Slash's sound is. They understand that it's Slash and he's an icon, but when you go to a show Axl has a way of stealing the attention, which makes him a great frontman.

I can't say for sure one way or another. I thought as hard as Axl tried to make nugnr irrelevant people still came out in large numbers to see that band bc of Axl. Slash did great with VR and after going solo with Myles he did good. So I guess for everyone it's unique in who is more important to the band, I've always given the edge to Axl. I thought nugnr could have worked in a big way. 

Its hard to explain, but over the years the friends and family I've brought to the shows or have seen them on this tour gravitate towards Axl when talking about how good the show was. Personally when I went to Vegas I thought Slash was incredible (albeit Axl was in a chair) and saw personally that this piece of the Gnr puzzle had been missing for too long. I've seen them through nugnr and the reunion though, I know the history of the band quite well, so for me and others here Slash is irreplaceable to the name. 

Sorry to split the fence here but you did make a good point, I may have jumped to Axl's defense a bit much. I guess it's all unique to who the fan is and how important guitar is to them or how important Axl's voice is. I think you can go to a show and appreciate both equally, but I still have to give the edge to Axl in being able to steal the show with his voice and the way he pulls people in as a legendary frontman. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Belfer said:

Thanks for sharing :) but I'd say that it would be nice that it's translated version of the set from http://gunsnroses.com.pl, maybe somebody would be interested to get to us :) here is the original post http://gunsnroses.com.pl/forum/news-20/guns-n'-roses-w-australii-melbourne-14-02-2017/

Edited by witekb

10 hours ago, Gibbo said:

16649209_225323581208130_108629396002028

You know it blows my mind they don't even switch up the fucken seekers spot with Youre Crazy. They sound so much alike if you want a fast fun song why not do this gem? And There Was A Time is a CD song I'd actually love to see more instead of Sorry all the time.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

12 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Poor Axl is going to make over $50 million on this tour. Seems like a pretty small inconvenience given the money involved. 

Have official numbers been released for this tour? I don't think Axl will make more than 500k-750k per show, which well deserved for Axl. I'm happy he can pad his account for his eventual retirement.

Edited by The Holographic Universe