02/18/17 - Adelaide - Adelaide Oval

RussTCB

Dizzy's, been in the band for a very long time man. He's hardly insignificant. 

34 minutes ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

you know what i love about the setlist? not that it's changed like dj ashba and bumblefoot said it would again and again when they whored slash and duff material. but i like the ratio of guns to axl's solo project is like 20 to 4. which means 20 songs from slash and duff era with only 4 songs from the fortus, dizzy, frank era. i love it because it shows how insignificant the fortus, frank, dizzy era is and how vital the slash and duff era still is. hopefully axl cuts his solo project songs down to 2 maybe even 1. who knows. you know how axl is

Dizzy's been in the  for a very long time man. He's hardly insignificant. 

10 minutes ago, Slash5 said:

Don't bother arguing, this guy has a vendetta against Chinese Democracy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

Pure and Simple SLASH is the best player in the music world right now - MAN he is killing it every night 

exactly. Slash is the best. Slash makes fortus, dizzy, and frank look very small on stage rocking out to Welcome to the Jungle and Sweet Child O Mine. Among many other Slash hits

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Slash5 said:

Totally right. He plays on use your illusion 1&2. Almost always been there!

8 minutes ago, riot said:

Totally right. He plays on use your illusion 1&2. Almost always been there!

Its not like his piano was important to the songs he played on (other than Locomotive). The songs (Civil War, Pretty Tied Up, Yesterdays) would have been better without him on it imo 

1 minute ago, Mendez said:

Its not like his piano was important to the songs he played on (other than Locomotive). The songs (Civil War, Pretty Tied Up, Yesterdays) would have been better without him on it imo 

Still i strongly prefer those songs with piano. Imo it fits the songs perfectly. Just like it does on 14 years or breakdown etc. I dont think it's a matter of what we prefer. I think it's what did the band on those records that matter. In the end he was there because they wanted that (except for slash lol)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, riot said:

Still i strongly prefer those songs with piano. Imo it fits the songs perfectly. Just like it does on 14 years or breakdown etc. I dont think it's a matter of what we prefer. I think it's what did the band on those records that matter. In the end he was there because they wanted that (except for slash lol)

Me too. The songs, exactly as they are, in every detail, were perfect, IMO. 14 years, Yesterdays, Civil War, Breakdown, ... They're perfect and one of the first things that I liked when  for the first time I heard then was the keyboard lines

• Like 1

Axl just not going for the notes with vigour at the moment...Not cause he can't...He's just on coast mode at the moment....The level is alright but hardly lighting 

the skies up when you know he was 15% better just a few months ago...Hope he raises it back up for London and Euro Tour !! The angry British press might help there !
Source : I've watched every single show since they got back together. It's easy to tell. 

1 hour ago, riot said:

Well to be fair, Izzy was opposed to piano in rock songs, Steven is opposed to pianos in general, and Matt seems to be opposed to piano ballads. I havent fully read Duffs book so not sure if hes said anything of it.

I just personally think piano only works in a song thats centered around piano (like Breakdown, Estranged, November Rain, Prostitute, Street of Dreams, This I Love), not when its incorporated into an existing song (14 Years, Pretty Tied Up, Civil War, Dust N Bones, Bad Apples, Yetaerdays).

Itd be like if there was a piano in YCBM or WTTJ banging away on the root notes in the 5th octave, while it may suit some, just not my taste

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Mendez said:

Well to be fair, Izzy was opposed to piano in rock songs, Steven is opposed to pianos in general, and Matt seems to be opposed to piano ballads. I havent fully read Duffs book so not sure if hes said anything of it.

Izzy have keyboards players on his solo band until now, Matt used to be in synthpop band with Tori Amos so what he said is just hypocrite at best, Steven latest interview still said that piano is cool but not Guns N Roses which is pretty stupid if he really wants to be back full time he need accept those ballad. Duff i think never said anything about it but since he's associated with song like So Fine, i think he's neutral. Slash is opposed to piano, but even with that mentality, he still drag Dizzy to play on some Snakepit numbers.

• Like 1