02/18/17 - Adelaide - Adelaide Oval

RussTCB

4 hours ago, Hejanne said:

You were standing at my favorite spot :wub:

Free T-shirt for a sign? Better make some for the european concerts then :book: Do they still hand out pics during Nightrain, if you've got a laminate or a T-shirt from the fan club? They did that in US ;)

I didnt see them hand out pics during night train, just free shirts n pics to the flags people. The whistle and mic got thrown into the VIP pit this time. Im at their hotel now, 2 black vans out fron with a police ute. Nothing going on inside, Dave Hughes (Hughesy) just walking past me in the foyer. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Izzy have keyboards players on his solo band until now, Matt used to be in synthpop band with Tori Amos so what he said is just hypocrite at best, Steven latest interview still said that piano is cool but not Guns N Roses which is pretty stupid if he really wants to be back full time he need accept those ballad. Duff i think never said anything about it but since he's associated with song like So Fine, i think he's neutral. Slash is opposed to piano, but even with that mentality, he still drag Dizzy to play on some Snakepit numbers.

The style of organ playing on Izzy's songs are different than the style of piano playing that Axl/Dizzy do. They are more of a background thing than what Axl/Dizzy do. He likes it simple.

"I think the Ju Ju Hounds stuff is a little bit simpler, and a little bit more basic, which is really what I like. [...] I could have taken a song like Shuffle It All or Cuttin' the Rug into Guns N' Roses band [..] I'm sure [Axl] would've wanted to add keyboards and a lot more "extra" stuff to it. Where as, the Ju Ju Hounds, we get basic tracks done, we do em' live, and then maybe dub a solo and some back ups, and if it needs a keyboard, or some shaker, that's it, and its done.".

So to me it seems like he is opposed to what Axl/Dizzy does with a keyboard, than what his organ player does on at least the Ju Ju Hounds record.

And even though Steven said that he's ok with Axl wanting to be Elton John, he said he should've done it solo, because GNR should be rock n roll. Which if that were the case, we wouldn't have had Estranged or November Rain as they are.

Edited by Mendez

1 hour ago, Mendez said:

The style of organ playing on Izzy's songs are different than the style of piano playing that Axl/Dizzy do. They are more of a background thing than what Axl/Dizzy do. He likes it simple.

"I think the Ju Ju Hounds stuff is a little bit simpler, and a little bit more basic, which is really what I like. [...] I could have taken a song like Shuffle It All or Cuttin' the Rug into Guns N' Roses band [..] I'm sure [Axl] would've wanted to add keyboards and a lot more "extra" stuff to it. Where as, the Ju Ju Hounds, we get basic tracks done, we do em' live, and then maybe dub a solo and some back ups, and if it needs a keyboard, or some shaker, that's it, and its done.".

So to me it seems like he is opposed to what Axl/Dizzy does with a keyboard, than what his organ player does on at least the Ju Ju Hounds record.

And even though Steven said that he's ok with Axl wanting to be Elton John, he said he should've done it solo, because GNR should be rock n roll. Which if that were the case, we wouldn't have had Estranged or November Rain as they are.

Izzy still use keyboardist on his latest song FP Money and Walk'n song and i think it's pretty weird he prefer organ because organ has weird buzzing sound and closer to synth more than piano. But if you notice actually on this tour Dizzy play organ on ISE, OTGM, Michelle, and NR. You can clearly hear that on Axl IEM recording on youtube.

Steven needs to accept those song if he really wants to comeback full time, because hell, Estranged votes many times as #1 fan favourite. GNR is not only about Rock n Roll, yes that's what AFD are, but those dramatic grandiose ballad is GNR too, that's why they are really unique.

23 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Izzy still use keyboardist on his latest song FP Money and Walk'n song and i think it's pretty weird he prefer organ because organ has weird buzzing sound and closer to synth more than piano. But if you notice actually on this tour Dizzy play organ on ISE, OTGM, Michelle, and NR. You can clearly hear that on Axl IEM recording on youtube.

Steven needs to accept those song if he really wants to comeback full time, because hell, Estranged votes many times as #1 fan favourite. GNR is not only about Rock n Roll, yes that's what AFD are, but those dramatic grandiose ballad is GNR too, that's why they are really unique.

Yes, but the kind of keyboardist that Izzy uses isn't the same as Axl/Dizzy playing. The organ is for "ambience". For example, the organ on Shuffle It All (and F.P Money for that matter) is completely different different to the piano on Dust N Bones, for example. The organ is unobtrusive, where as the piano is clearly making a point to be there.

And yeah, Dizzy's been playing over the songs over the years. Never liked it. However, thankfully (for me at least) its inaudible in person so thats great. Don't wanna go see guns to hear Dizzy play piano on Nightrain.

12 hours ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

Slash was there too. If it wasn't for Slash there would be no UYI or UYI2. If it wasn't for Slash there would be no Dizzy

What's the point? I just said that dizzy is a member of the band and has been on almost every gnr record. He has his place. Slash obviously has his.

5 hours ago, Mendez said:

Yes, but the kind of keyboardist that Izzy uses isn't the same as Axl/Dizzy playing. The organ is for "ambience". For example, the organ on Shuffle It All (and F.P Money for that matter) is completely different different to the piano on Dust N Bones, for example. The organ is unobtrusive, where as the piano is clearly making a point to be there.

And yeah, Dizzy's been playing over the songs over the years. Never liked it. However, thankfully (for me at least) its inaudible in person so thats great. Don't wanna go see guns to hear Dizzy play piano on Nightrain.

On rockers he generally plays some perc and he does a lot of back vocals. Nobody goes to see dizzy, but he brings a fuller sound in general. Ex: congos/bongos in jungle... Just like on appetite.

Anyway kinda bored. We are fucking picky over a fucking guy wgos been there forever lolll what about a new album. That. Is. Something to talk about... Oh wait it's gnr so we are supposed to listen to some fucken 30 years old song again n again n again.

1 hour ago, nathanhall said:

I can't quote it exactly, but going from memory, it was something like:

Adelaide!  The band that needs no introduction.  From Hollywood... Guns N' Roses!

Ok so he got the name of the city right. That's a huge improvement from the Melbourne show. I'm glad McBob is such fast learner :lol:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

He seems to be growing it back out again. :lol:

Nooo I think he should keep it short

13 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

That jacket with strings on is the worst, those tassels are ridiculously long! 

I forgot about the skeleton jacket, I really like that one too. 

What about 2002 predator hair and 2006 cornrows? :lol:

Right I forgot it. Since 2002 then :lol:

• Like 1