Wish You Were Here/Layla/November Rain
Used To Love Her
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain
Sorry
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You/Don't Cry
The Seeker
Paradise City

asdfgasdg.png.03c8ec985eb85ee63054dcc249254694.pngAdelaide2.png.31436c946c0140d58f0d5f97d2d6f312.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Juventino said:

Not surprising for Adelaide, a lot of shows are like that. But the prices are too damn high.

Yeah the surprise was they did Adelaide.  Wellington was another silly idea, tiny population in NZ getting two mega expensive gigs!  Wellington never has any accommodation either for stadium events, had that problem before with the WC cricket 

Not great that Brisbane is reduced too, and tickets for Sydney II are 99 dollars from 237.50 on one of the offers.  No reductions at the MCG though which should be the biggest show down under and possibly the biggest of the tour to date?

Most heavy music doesn't sell in Aus anymore though, all the festivals have been cancelled and even AC/DC was a much harder sell for them this time around 

3 hours ago, northernsoul said:

Wellington was another silly idea, tiny population in NZ getting two mega expensive gigs!  Wellington never has any accommodation either for stadium events, had that problem before with the WC cricket 

Totally thought that, too. Should've seen how the one show at Western Springs went first, and even then might have been smarter to put any second show in the South Island instead. 

Out of curiosity, where/how did you hear it was selling bad? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cremefraiche said:

Totally thought that, too. Should've seen how the one show at Western Springs went first, and even then might have been smarter to put any second show in the South Island instead. 

Out of curiosity, where/how did you hear it was selling bad? 

My mate lives in Adelaide and he said he'd heard they'd done around 10k.  Which is woeful, but is hearsay.  Doesn't surprise me when you see what Ticketek offers you though.

Ticketek have already started with the others, I suspect they weren't supposed to be openly published and probably for email subscribers etc, but the other day they had a "Christmas offer" on there for Brisbane, Sydney II and Adelaide.  Brisbane still shows as heavily discounted with a Christmas offer if you go on Ticketek! Then when you look at the locations it offers you in each price band, they're not right at the back of those price categories.  It looks really ugly at Perth and Adelaide.   But it was always a crazy tour, 8 shows at mega money for 30M people who are spread out over an entire continent.  

They're huge reductions in this Christmas offer as you can see looking at Brisbane

Sydney II is also on some other magazine offer, tickets down from $237.50 to just $99.  They also cut one of the sections in half at Auckland and made them into some new cheaper zone of standing. 

Basically every sign is there that it has sold pretty bad, unlike the US, the populations are too small and sporadic in a lot of these cities for there to be any kind of late boost imo.   I'll give it a week into the new year and they'll openly sold on Lasttix for 50% min off.  It's nothing new for Aus any of this though, One Direction were drawing 20k in 50k stadiums and openly discounting for months

Edited by northernsoul

Yeah, totally. That split section at Western Springs was initially a GrabOne offer, which now seems fully implemented as a ticket option. And yeah, have already got emails from ticketek with offers for the Welly show. I don't know a huge amount about the Aussie market and things, but I remember being genuinely really surprised that they were doing two NZ shows in the North Island

AC/DC at the Oval (pre-renovation) in 2010 was pretty much an instant sell out. As was the Stones in 2014. AC/DC last year I wasn't able to go to so I didn't pay close attention to sales, but I think it cracked 40k at least. 

It it can be done, but the prices did put people off.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought my VIP pit tix to melbourne the minute they went in sale last year, then when I collected them yesterday I decided one show wouldn't be enough so treated myself to a Pit ticket in Adelaide also.  At that time there were just 88 left.  I feel that after tomorrow's show they might get a spike in ticket sales with people from melbourne deciding to head to Adelaide to catch them again- given it's a Saturday show it's pretty doable.

4 hours ago, TopHatBabe said:

I bought my VIP pit tix to melbourne the minute they went in sale last year, then when I collected them yesterday I decided one show wouldn't be enough so treated myself to a Pit ticket in Adelaide also.  At that time there were just 88 left.  I feel that after tomorrow's show they might get a spike in ticket sales with people from melbourne deciding to head to Adelaide to catch them again- given it's a Saturday show it's pretty doable.

Yep that's me. Sydney was awesome so much I wanted more. Melbourne was sold out in pit, so Adelaide and Perth were available. I chose Adelaide as it's more convenient. I'm staying at the Ibis.