02/21/17 - Perth - Domain Stadium

RussTCB

4 minutes ago, Lio said:

They shouldn't care. It's been much worse in previous years. You really had to look hard to find one positive poster. And whenever someone had actually seen the show live and said he'd enjoyed it, he was ridiculed for being a dumbass or Axl nutswinger :lol:

Haha! Glad I missed all that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Feel sorry for the people who went to this show if they happen to read this thread. They go to the show and have an awesome time, on a high about how great they were and then see all the negativity. What a buzzkill.

The person doing the periscope tonight wasn't impressed with his voice. 

But if could be a good thing, if a press review will say "decent show, Axl proves to be the weakest link in the reunion" then maybe it will light a fire under him. 

But I get it that there are some just happy to see him get on stage and move around a little, hit a couple big screams and that's enough. I'm actually the optimist hoping for a new album and hoping for his best vocals on that album...maybe a TV appearance where he sounds great.

i wouldn't appreciate going to a show and feeling like I got part time Axl though. I think he just needs someone to light a fire under him.hes got it in him no doubt but at nearly a million per night we should be seeing a million dollar performance 

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

The person doing the periscope tonight wasn't impressed with his voice. 

But if could be a good thing, if a press review will say "decent show, Axl proves to be the weakest link in the reunion" then maybe it will light a fire under him. 

But I get it that there are some just happy to see him get on stage and move around a little, hit a couple big screams and that's enough. I'm actually the optimist hoping for a new album and hoping for his best vocals on that album...maybe a TV appearance where he sounds great.

i wouldn't appreciate going to a show and feeling like I got part time Axl though. I think he just needs someone to light a fire under him.hes got it in him no doubt but at nearly a million per night we should be seeing a million dollar performance 

I kind of get what you mean. Given the height we've seen him reach recently, especially with AC/DC, it is amazing. So whenever he doesn't perform at that level it's seen as a disappointment. I guess I just don't think it warrants such harsh criticism. I'd criticise if I went to the show myself and thought he phoned it in but I've yet to experience that. Saw Axl with AC/DC last June and as far as I'm concerned, it was the greatest live vocal performance I'd ever seen. I'm going to see him next June with GN'R and I'll judge him on that performance, but I don't agree with altering my opinion of him based on shows I didn't go to and watched for free.

• Like 1

would you be mad if you were at the show in the 90's where Axl sat in the drum riser most of it and sang cause he had just leaned Steph cheated on his ass. FUCK NO I could only dream to be at his worst show in the 90's or 80's at that. People want ice in hell but they aint getting it.  Take what ya get folks and be thankful.

• Like 2

So it's the camera's fault? Axl brings his trademark raspy voice and sings the songs with that demonic voice for 2 hours but cell phones capture a clean helium voice?

Do you guys think a proshot of the show would record his real raspy demonic voice or would it record the fake Mickey voice that appears on everybody's phone and on the Appetite for Democracy proshot DVD?

14 minutes ago, The Doktor said:

No he didn't rasp demonically for 2 hours, nor did he have a clean helium voice for two hours.

He did some rasp, he did some clean. Was there some instances of "mickey" ? Probably.  Everyone needs to get over it. If they can't, maybe they need to move on and find an entertainer that entertains them rather than bitching about someone who doesn't float their boat.

I paid my money down & was thoroughly entertained. Going by the reactions of everyone around me, so were they.

BTW, Slash's hat still appears to be surgically attached as evidenced by another handstand at the end.

So you want to censor people with negative opinions? How old are you? Have you talked to the mods about your idea of censoring people who criticize Axl's voice?

I can see where people are coming from on both ends. People at the show had so much going on around that it was a great show from their perspective.

Those of us watching from home didn't have the live experience and noticed Axl was/has been very inconsistent vocally and we know he can do better after seeing what he did with AC/DC. 

But anyone telling us not to bitch, please remember that this is a forum for a band of which many of us are hardcore fans. You're gonna see people criticizing a lot.

And that's all I'm gonna say for now because the stomach flu is currently kicking my ass.

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, The Doktor said:

No, I have no desire to censor anyone's opinions.

I am just suggesting that if someone doesn't like what an entertainer is producing, maybe they should reconsider the entertainer they listen to. Find something that gives them pleasure rather than pain.

And as mentioned above, I am old enough to have been watching live bands live, not on the net, for over 30 years. The net as we know it didn't even exist when I saw my first live band.  The Commodore 64 was the must have in personal computing around then. Tape drive and all !!

How about you ?

Thanks for the suggestion then. Axl Rose sounds like shit nowadays. Why can't he sing like he does in ACDC? No pain in writing that. Don't worry about me. :)

I'm 29. I don't watch periscopes and rarely check videos on youtube. When they came to Brazil I didn't bother going. I enjoy discussing the band and lean towards a more negative side of things. Axl's voice doesn't sound good to me. I'm glad you don't opinions like mine to be censored. And I hope my opinion doesn't cause you any pain either.

14 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I can see where people are coming from on both ends. People at the show had so much going on around that it was a great show from their perspective.

Those of us watching from home didn't have the live experience and noticed Axl was/has been very inconsistent vocally and we know he can do better after seeing what he did with AC/DC. 

But anyone telling us not to bitch, please remember that this is a forum for a band of which many of us are hardcore fans. You're gonna see people criticizing a lot.

And that's all I'm gonna say for now because the stomach flu is currently kicking my ass.

:heart: This.

I just wish in Lissabon they kick ass! Even it's the third show in Europe.

Just wondering how the band doesn't get bored with the same setlist? Guys who can play anything. Do they even talk that maybe we should shake a bit this setlist? All the rehearsals and soundchecks..okay lets do the same set again. Why? :shrugs:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Axeli said:

Just wondering how the band doesn't get bored with the same setlist? 

Would you get bored if you were paid millions to spend less than half of your day soundchecking and playing the same 20 songs every night? Me neither :lol:

I can see other artists getting bored but not people like Axl and Slash.

Just now, maynard said:

Would you get bored if you were paid millions to spend less than half of your day soundchecking and playing the same 20 songs every night? Me neither :lol:

I can see other artists getting bored but not people like Axl and Slash.

:P "It is what it is" -Steven Adler

I just hope the band somehow get what we're talking here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vloors said:

People that judge a show from the back of a open air arena, while using a low quality app like peroscope and through a little shitty phone speaker. They need to go get a life.

Go to a live show in person and then you can judge. 

You don't understand. If you record a very bad performance with 4k quality it's going to be a glorious good looking bad performance. If you record an awful performance with periscope it will sound a little bit less bad.

• Like 3