02/21/17 - Perth - Domain Stadium

RussTCB

21 minutes ago, vloors said:

People that judge a show from the back of a open air arena, while using a low quality app like peroscope and through a little shitty phone speaker. They need to go get a life.

Go to a live show in person and then you can judge. 

The Apettite for Democracy DVD shits all over your logic and Axl Defense Force stupidity. Sorry kid, don't blame technology. Anyone here can judge unless you want to censor people with different opinions. Do you want to censor people who didn't go to the concert but want to discuss the show anyway? Is this the forum you want? Talk to the mods, maybe they will start banning those who don't attend concerts. Then you'll have your perfect little forum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maynard said:

Thanks for the suggestion then. Axl Rose sounds like shit nowadays. Why can't he sing like he does in ACDC? No pain in writing that. Don't worry about me. :)

I'm 29. I don't watch periscopes and rarely check videos on youtube. When they came to Brazil I didn't bother going. I enjoy discussing the band and lean towards a more negative side of things. Axl's voice doesn't sound good to me. I'm glad you don't opinions like mine to be censored. And I hope my opinion doesn't cause you any pain either.

Why didn't you bother going if you're a fan? And how do you know that you don't like Axl's voice if you don't watch YouTube videos? Or, if you rarely check them, is that enough for you to stand by your opinion? Never mind make an informed choice about whether to attend or not.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Why didn't you bother going if you're a fan? And how do you know that you don't like Axl's voice if you don't watch YouTube videos? Or, if you rarely check them, is that enough for you to stand by your opinion? Never mind make an informed choice about whether to attend or not.

I know he sounds bad because the moment he brings a 2010-like performance, the forum will go crazy. Til then, only the same stupid comments... 'he'll sound better by the end of the tour', 'doesn't use rasp but has power', '10 seconds of rasp on Nightrain' etc, same old apologist bullshit for a singer who clearly doesn't care about putting some effort in his performances.

I'm a fan but I knew I'd be disappointed by going there and listening to Axl Mickey. It must be fun but I prefer not to spend my money on a GNR show with Axl sounding the way he does. Also, spending a whole night with stupid brazilian GNR fans would probably give me cancer. 

Edited by maynard
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, maynard said:

I know he sounds bad because the moment he brings a 2010-like performance, the forum will go crazy. Til then, only the same stupid comments... 'he'll sound better by the end of the tour', 'doesn't use rasp but has power', '10 seconds of rasp on Nightrain' etc, same old apologist bullshit for a singer who clearly doesn't care about putting some effort in his performances.

I'm a fan but I knew I'd be disappointed by going there and listening to Axl Mickey. It must be fun but I prefer not to spend my money on a GNR show with Axl sounding the way he does. Also, spending a whole night with stupid brazilian GNR fans would probably give me cancer. 

Fair point. And damn did he sound like mickey on yesterdays or what?!?!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, maynard said:

Speaking of Brazilian fans, I know this Brazilian chick who claims shes a hardcore GN'R fan. Almost daily, she will post pics of the band in FB. Went to a concert twice. And yes, shes cool and yes shes a fan. But when I told her I love Locomotive and Bad Apples- she dont know them! Just shocked cuz she cant stop talking about GNR.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlexC said:

Feel sorry for the people who went to this show if they happen to read this thread. They go to the show and have an awesome time, on a high about how great they were and then see all the negativity. What a buzzkill.

I feel worse over the fact that once the adrenaline from seeing Axl and Slash actually together is gone, they'll come back down to earth and realize what they actually saw, heard and paid for. Unfortunately you can't get your money back on that one too

6 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

"No, Slash doesn't wanna do that right now". Wonder what was Axl talking about :o

EDIT: @dgnr That's exactly what I was watching right now. What I understood was "no, Slash doesn't wanna do that  right now, hahaha. Not a band request, alright". :shrugs:

I just wnder between Axl, Slash and Duff who it was that suggested Slither. Same goes for perfect crime though.

31 minutes ago, maynard said:

So because they're passionate they're stupid? That's a bit hostile. Now it just looks like you have a bias or a negative agenda rather than giving an honest criticism.

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I feel worse over the fact that once the adrenaline from seeing Axl and Slash actually together is gone, they'll come back down to earth and realize what they actually saw, heard and paid for. Unfortunately you can't get your money back on that one too

C'mon dude. Dont scare me. Im goin to a concert this July and want it to be part of my best memories. Lol

4 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Yes, because there are so many fans that have been crying about wasting money to go see them this past year :jerkoff:

6 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Speaking of Brazilian fans, I know this Brazilian chick who claims shes a hardcore GN'R fan. Almost daily, she will post pics of the band in FB. Went to a concert twice. And yes, shes cool and yes shes a fan. But when I told her I love Locomotive and Bad Apples- she dont know them! Just shocked cuz she cant stop talking about GNR.

That's one of the saddest things related to GNR written that I've ever read. I mean, I'm not going to debate how god those songs are or aren't but never even hearing of them?!?!:lol:

Just now, Lio said:

Yes, because there are so many fans that have been crying about wasting money to go see them this past year :jerkoff:

Been a lot of that lately, even more of fans realizing how smart it is not to see the cash grab as has been posted around here but what do I now, I only read various forums aand topics within the forum so :lol:

6 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I'd go into it with low expectation then, that way if Axl does sound killer you'll be happily surprised...?

Well I accepted its not 90s Axl. But my gf. She knows some of the deepcuts cuz of me, but only heard studio versions. I feel bad for her if its a bad performance.

4 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

That's one of the saddest things related to GNR written that I've ever read. I mean, I'm not going to debate how god those songs are or aren't but never even hearing of them?!?!:lol:

Yeah. Her profile pic and cover pic are GN'R/her at the concert. She knows ChiDem/Better though. I gave her link for Bad Apples but yet to ask her what she thinks of it.

Edited by ChristmasFnatic

4 hours ago, The Doktor said:

No he didn't rasp demonically for 2 hours, nor did he have a clean helium voice for two hours.

He did some rasp, he did some clean. Was there some instances of "mickey" ? Probably.  Everyone needs to get over it. If they can't, maybe they need to move on and find an entertainer that entertains them rather than bitching about someone who doesn't float their boat.

I paid my money down & was thoroughly entertained. Going by the reactions of everyone around me, so were they.

BTW, Slash's hat still appears to be surgically attached as evidenced by another handstand at the end.

Glad you had a great time man. 

I was at Sydney night 1 and I have the show a major thumbs up. Came back on the forum the next day and the amount of bitching about set lists, and Angus taking 2 GNR songs off the set list and Micky here and there from people fucking periscoping from God knows where was embarrassing. 

The lead up to that show on the streets with fans drinking in bars and at the stadium before, during and after was crazy. I didn't hear anyone bitching, what I did hear was happy fans who had just seen their favorite band put on an epic performance. 

The funny part of all this is that the people who constantly criticise keep tuning back in! If you are so disappointed night after night, perhaps it's time to cut your losses and just watch YouTube of whatever performance does meet their standards, and let others just enjoy what we are getting. No doubt this will be met with the usual drones saying oh aren't we allowed to tell the truth? Well the truth is, no band is perfect and this band never was perfect, the band members are human, they entertain and the major majority of the fans are having a killer time, it's only the vocal minority who are nit picking the shit out of it and they aren't even at the shows. 

Might be time for a couple of people to cut their losses and go follow someone else that does float their boat. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dgnr said:

I vote in Sympathy For The Devil :ph34r:

That's a pretty good guess... except Axl said "right now" and I think (and hope) that's a never for Slash :P

5 hours ago, AlexC said:

Feel sorry for the people who went to this show if they happen to read this thread. They go to the show and have an awesome time, on a high about how great they were and then see all the negativity. What a buzzkill.

Don't worry about them, man. I went to the three shows in Argentina and had the time of my life. Reading here how many people thought Axl sucked real bad didn't affect me at all, I was still as happy and mindblown as I was before reading the criticism.

5 hours ago, Lio said:

They shouldn't care. It's been much worse in previous years. You really had to look hard to find one positive poster. And whenever someone had actually seen the show live and said he'd enjoyed it, he was ridiculed for being a dumbass or Axl nutswinger :lol:

That's funny. I hated the fact that Axl was using the name but still went to see him the three times I had the chance (2010, 2011, 2014) and I loved him every time. It makes sense, though, 'cause I'm not an Axl nutswinger but I definitely am a dumbass :lol:

4 hours ago, The Doktor said:

Slash.....absolute legend.

Truer words have never been written :heart:

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I complain a lot

No shit :P

50 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I just wnder between Axl, Slash and Duff who it was that suggested Slither. Same goes for perfect crime though.

I'd say Slash. Duff probably doesn't even care what they're playing. Plus, Slash loves the song. He had to insist a bunch of times to get Duff and Matt to accept working on Slither 'cause they didn't like it/didn't care for it at first.

It could also be Axl, though. Maybe he wanted to do it "to make Slash happy" as it happened with Coma but then felt the song didn't sound right or something.

45 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Well I accepted its not 90s Axl. But my gf. She knows some of the deepcuts cuz of me, but only heard studio versions. I feel bad for her if its a bad performance.

Dude, don't you worry. You and your girlfriend will have the greatest of times, I fn' promise! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

That doesn't mean she's not a fan. Just an idiot. 

2 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

Glad you had a great time man. 

I was at Sydney night 1 and I have the show a major thumbs up. Came back on the forum the next day and the amount of bitching about set lists, and Angus taking 2 GNR songs off the set list and Micky here and there from people fucking periscoping from God knows where was embarrassing. 

The lead up to that show on the streets with fans drinking in bars and at the stadium before, during and after was crazy. I didn't hear anyone bitching, what I did hear was happy fans who had just seen their favorite band put on an epic performance. 

The funny part of all this is that the people who constantly criticise keep tuning back in! If you are so disappointed night after night, perhaps it's time to cut your losses and just watch YouTube of whatever performance does meet their standards, and let others just enjoy what we are getting. No doubt this will be met with the usual drones saying oh aren't we allowed to tell the truth? Well the truth is, no band is perfect and this band never was perfect, the band members are human, they entertain and the major majority of the fans are having a killer time, it's only the vocal minority who are nit picking the shit out of it and they aren't even at the shows. 

Might be time for a couple of people to cut their losses and go follow someone else that does float their boat. 

I went to both sydney shows and have to agree with you.

Theres the same idiots on here that critic every little detail they can where the majority at the show loved it.

2 hours ago, vloors said:

People that judge a show from the back of a open air arena, while using a low quality app like peroscope and through a little shitty phone speaker. They need to go get a life.

Go to a live show in person and then you can judge. 

I don't know about that,  I watch almost any periscope I can and at the very least always check the videos the next morning. I've also been to two shows on this tour and have tickets for a third. 

This show is a tour de force. Production values are phenomenal, it's pretty much a super group of highly trained seasoned professionals doing what they do best with some of the greatest material ever written. That's why the press has been so great and ticket sales have been very strong. If you imagined the flip side whereas night after night the sound was shitty, the entire band was out of shape or otherwise fucked up, the band was not getting along, arriving late, etc. I think we'd all be having very different discussions. So basically no one is denying that the NITL show is fantastic night in and night out even with Mickey creeping in. 

Having said all that there clearly is room for improvement and it's not lame or whiny for people who choose to keep tabs on the tour as a whole to express this opinion. So yes we know that the show is great. Everyone should see it! But as a whole, the tour does seem to be losing a bit of steam and could probably use a shake up in terms of songs.