02/21/17 - Perth - Domain Stadium

RussTCB

4 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Does Slash even have a say in it? Isnt Axl the boss and get final say?

4 hours ago, FallToPieces65 said:

I love that they've started doing "Yesterdays" and "Used to Love her" almost on a regular basis 

4 hours ago, Axeli said:

:heart: This.

I just wish in Lissabon they kick ass! Even it's the third show in Europe.

Just wondering how the band doesn't get bored with the same setlist? Guys who can play anything. Do they even talk that maybe we should shake a bit this setlist? All the rehearsals and soundchecks..okay lets do the same set again. Why? :shrugs:

4 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Does Slash even have a say in it? Isnt Axl the boss and get final say?

According to Axl last night, My Miichelle and UTLH were both band requests. Whateever the set list had, soemone (and I thhink in one instance it was Slash) didn't to pay the pre-deterined song.

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I appreciate your sense of humor 

this is a good performance, not the best but it's good. And it's a million times better than the 2017 version 

Fuck this is awesome, slash n Duff should have reunited with him back then. I thought he was awesome at the NITL concerts but now I wished I went to a NuGuns concert to really experience how awesome he really is, he's out of this world. 

I was at the show last Saturday and thought Axl sounded good :shrugs:

Saw some of the usual comments here afterwards, but Saturday stands up as one of my best concert experiences.

Others who went who aren't as hardcore as me didn't think Axl would sound as good as he did, they were pleasantly surprised.

6 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Been a lot of that lately, even more of fans realizing how smart it is not to see the cash grab as has been posted around here but what do I now, I only read various forums aand topics within the forum so :lol:

If by "even more of fans" you mean a fraction of the percent that go on online forums, sure, however that does not say much lol

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

If by "even more of fans" you mean a fraction of the percent that go on online forums, sure, however that does not say much lol

Out of likes so commenting instead.

^^^This.

Out of an estimated 35k there last night, out of the more than 70k that attended Melbourne, out of the probably 200k plus for the Aus/NZ leg of the tour, how many are saying it was no good and how does that number stand up as a valid statistical sample ?

EDIT: I've just conducted a quick survey re last night's show and 100% of attendees surveyed thought it was awesome. (Sample size 1)

Edited by The Doktor

Finally had time to go listen to the streams. I think Axl sounded good.

No he doesn't sound godly like he did back in the late 80s/early 90s. He just sounded good.

I can see how you could hate it if you preferred the time period when he sounded like he swallowed a bunch of glass and rasped the shit out of everything. However, he hits the notes and unless he is very prominent in the mix his voice blends well with the rest of the band and it sounds great. The short stream that had Yesterdays I could pretty much only hear Axl and the rest of the band was muted. His voice is good, but not good enough to be left out completely exposed like that on his weaker songs. Especially on songs where it is not meant to be exposed. Not many vocalists can. But it wasn't awful by any means. He sounded great on This I Love- well up until when his mic cut out, at least. His voice is supposed to be exposed on songs like it, though.

Has he sound better? Yes. There is no comparison to when he was at his peak. Does he sound bad? To me the answer is absolutely no. He does not sound bad in the least.

I only wish I could go to a show. GnR was always a live band. It has to be amazing to hear them in a live setting where the acoustics surround you in sound and you are able to feel the music as much as hear it.  

Now… does anyone have a good audio of November Rain? I want to hear it without the booming bass overwhelming the phone's microphone.

24 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Wait til they start hitting areas they've already been to, like coming back to the states. All I know is, I've looked at Buffalo and there's plenty of seats available. The demand will go down between not changing the set lists or releasing new music...

10 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Wait til they start hitting areas they've already been to, like coming back to the states. All I know is, I've looked at Buffalo and there's plenty of seats available. The demand will go down between not changing the set lists or releasing new music...

I would rather comment on that when the shows happen and the sales figures are posted, all I know is that so far the tour has done fairly well in terms of satisfying the vast majority of concertgoers based on all I have seen on and off the forums

Edited by WhazUp

4 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Probably, but if you think the song sounded better with Dj Ashba, Bumblefoot and Tommy, you might actually be crazier than me :)

Neutral party just weighing in - I think the point they're making is that in 2010 AXL sounds better, not the band, or the song itself, just vocals

• Like 1