02/21/17 - Perth - Domain Stadium

RussTCB

2 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Probably, but if you think the song sounded better with Dj Ashba, Bumblefoot and Tommy, you might actually be crazier than me :)

I agree the instruments are much better now, however the song is made or broken on Axl's vocals and you cannot sing a song like this with Mickey Mouse vocals....

these are the best 3 I could find over the last decade from 3 different eras...I like the 06 one the best due to the vocals being so precise. It's hard to get into the music when the vocals are strikingly bad. I like the Houston one but Frank needs some work 

2 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

Highway to hell is a very high pitched song. It is firmly on what would be thhe "mickey zone". Yet, Axl delivers every single line of it with rasp and venom, and it sounds awesome. I'm absolutely sure that, were it a GNR song, it would be mickeyed from beginning to end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fGGpHXKOX8

Gahhhh I forget how good he was with AC/DC....

• Like 1

Just now, cremefraiche said:

Neutral party just weighing in - I think the point they're making is that in 2010 AXL sounds better, not the band, or the song itself, just vocals

But someone said this show's performance of the song was one of THEIR best ever and he answered with that video. I agree about the vocals being better (still far from Axl's best anyway) but that doesn't make the whole performance better. I understand Axl's singing might ruin it for some people nowadays but that's pretty much what his solo band was doing back then for most of the people.

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I agree the instruments are much better now, however the song is made or broken on Axl's vocals and you cannot sing a song like this with Mickey Mouse vocals....

these are the best 3 I could find over the last decade from 3 different eras...I like the 06 one the best due to the vocals being so precise. It's hard to get into the music when the vocals are strikingly bad. I like the Houston one but Frank needs some work 

I think the whole band make or break the songs. Personally, I feel Axl has never been able to do YCBM justice after 1993. Some performances have been better than others but never close to the old days IMO. YCBM is my favorite song, the one that turned me into GNR when I was a little kid, but it's also the song where I just don't expect anything from Axl.

36 minutes ago, melina i said:

@dgnr and @BorderlineCrazy

is this what Axl said????? Did you guysfigure out what he said or meant

Yeah that's what he said. Considering they were in the Yesterdays/ Used To Love Her / OTGM part of the set he was probably talking about any of the tracks that usually appear in that spot, those 3, My Michelle or either Catcher/Sorry/TWAT.

• Like 1

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yeah that's what he said. Considering they were in the Yesterdays/ Used To Love Her / OTGM part of the set he was probably talking about any of the tracks that usually appear in that spot, those 3, My Michelle or either Catcher/Sorry/TWAT.

Thanks for responding,:) do you know what he meant  Slash doesn't want to do a song or doesn't want to do what.  Was Axl being sarcastic or something

• Like 1

Just now, melina i said:

Thanks for responding,:) do you know what he meant  Slash doesn't want to do a song or doesn't want to do what.  Was Axl being sarcastic or something

They have their own internal chat going on between songs that the audience cant hear, someone must have suggested "hey lets do that song" and then Axl jokingly replied that remark since he actually said it into the mic for everyone to hear. I guess it would make more sense if we knew what song it was, if it was a song like There Was a Time then it would make a lot of sense, rather unlikely it was a song like My Michelle but who knows!

• Like 1

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

They have their own internal chat going on between songs that the audience cant hear, someone must have suggested "hey lets do that song" and then Axl jokingly replied that remark since he actually said it into the mic for everyone to hear. I guess it would make more sense if we knew what song it was, if it was a song like There Was a Time then it would make a lot of sense, rather unlikely it was a song like My Michelle but who knows!

I understand now, I reread your original reply

Thanks

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dead Flower said:

Was a fucking awesome show. Slash and Axl on the same stage = fuckin dream come true moment.

Coma and Rocket Queen were my favs. Rocket Queen always good for a dance when played live.

Good shit.

Over 24 hours since show time and I'm still buzzing.

Edited by The Doktor