02/21/17 - Perth - Domain Stadium

RussTCB

2 minutes ago, Kyles said:

The guy could be on medication you know. Lots of medication puts on weight. It may have nothing to do with diet. He is fit that's for sure. It's incredible to see him move so fast on stage. He's awesome to watch. 

True that. We are not in the inner circle to know everything. It's speculation all the way.

2 hours ago, Lio said:

I didn't even know he had a personal trainer with him. Who's he?

Yeah. That Jordan guy. What @MillionsOfSpiders posted.

1 hour ago, cheesecake said:

The PT I guess, if he does his job at all, only focuses on working out, which I think Axl doesn't need anybody to help him that much while being on tour looking at the amount of cardio he does on stage. The most important part in getting back in shape overall is one's diet. If that part's slacking, there's no way he can attain a better shape. I'm seeing on this leg of the tour, Slash is making somewhat of a progress, compared to Axl. Not only does he look better, he's killing it with his guitar on every show. 

Both are important. You can go on a diet and you will lose weight faster if you also exercise but if you just diet, you will look flaccid. The fat will not disappear, you gotta burn it out.

Now, with all the cardio he does on stage, he must eat too much in order to keep the fat intact. 

59 minutes ago, Kyles said:

The guy could be on medication you know. Lots of medication puts on weight. It may have nothing to do with diet. He is fit that's for sure. It's incredible to see him move so fast on stage. He's awesome to watch. 

Lol, that's always the excuse :lol:

Some meds can provoke some weight gain but not THAT much. Also, don't confuse fat with being bloated. That's mostly what they cause.

Besides, Axl is only fat in the belly and the neck. His legs and arms are skinny. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Both are important. You can go on a diet and you will lose weight faster if you also exercise but if you just diet, you will look flaccid. The fat will not disappear, you gotta burn it out.

Now, with all the cardio he does on stage, he must eat too much in order to keep the fat intact. 

Some meds can provoke some weight gain but not THAT much. Also, don't confuse fat with being bloated. That's mostly what they cause.

Besides, Axl is only fat in the belly and the neck. His legs and arms are skinny. 

I am not gonna get sucked into this silly weight thing myself but I must admit I chuckled when I read your post.  Do you know Axl Rose any the meds he is or is not on?  Just curious...:blink:

31 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Both are important but diet plays a slightly more important role is shedding body fat than exercise. Having said that, I personally take care of both equally as a lifestyle as fitness and health is my passion. 

4 minutes ago, The Doktor said:

The appearance of fat/bloating or whatever you want to call it isn't an indication of fitness levels either.

Just have a look at an NFL line. 300+ pound monsters with massive bellies but they can run faster and push harder than probably most of us on here.

This is true too. My brother in law is a weightlifter and is a very strong person and I can say pretty fit, nevertheless he does not take care of his diet hence his huge belly and overall a fat person.

1 hour ago, gunsguy said:

I am not gonna get sucked into this silly weight thing myself but I must admit I chuckled when I read your post.  Do you know Axl Rose any the meds he is or is not on?  Just curious...:blink:

I was replying to the person who told me his weight gain could be due to "meds". I don't need to know if Axl is or is not on meds in order to respond to that comment. But I don't know if he is or not. And if I knew, I wouldn't share it here.

54 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Thanks SJ. 

Is it the same basic setlist that Axl's last version of GnR was playing on tour - except for Coma?

Yes the same basic setlist. They added Double Talkin' Jive into the setlist, they brought back Sorry which hasn't been played since 2012.

At first it was fun to see Slash playing these songs I'm not gonna lie, but from Axl's pov it must be extremely boring. You can say that there is not much in their back catalogue worth playing, I mean at least without Izzy. They also tried to invite Steven Adler for a couple of shows but he declined because he doesn't want to be forced to play just two songs anymore, but Angus and Angry Anderson performed at one of these shows playing covers like Nice Boys and Whole Lotta Rosie. That's what we are looking at in the future, few guests here and there.

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I was replying to the person who told me his weight gain could be due to "meds". I don't need to know if Axl is or is not on meds in order to respond to that comment. But I don't know if he is or not. And if I knew, I wouldn't share it here.

Right but you made a claim that if he was it he couldn't gain that much... that is completely untrue. 

6 hours ago, dgnr said:

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but in some of the videos you actually can see Axl sniff and pass his hand in his nose, so maybe this time he was actually sick or got a cold. That and obviously his lack of preparation, no rehearsals, no soundchecks, yada-yada :shrugs: 

A cold... riiight...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

It's NOT an excuse, certain medication can cause weight gain. Men always put fat on around the organs first (their belly), not their legs n arms. Ever seen a fat armed and legged man. Women put weight on their thighs and bottom 1st.  Have you been to his concerts and seen him up close, he isn't even that fat? 

Edited by Kyles
More info

15 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Right but you made a claim that if he was it he couldn't gain that much... that is completely untrue. 

Yes it's completely untrue. There are lots of medications that cause weight gain. Gosh with all the singers dying in the past year you'd think everyone would be greatful that he's still alive. 

41 minutes ago, Kyles said:

Have you been to his concerts and seen him up close, he isn't even that fat? 

There many many more "heavier" people in the crowd with far greater girths than the beer belly Axl is carrying.

I wonder what the dimensions of some of the critics here are.

Went to the show, it fucking kicked ass. The one-two punch of openers Easy and Brownstone, My Michelle, Estranged, NR and Nightrain were the highlights for me. Axl was up and down vocally, but never in the energy department and still leaves the stage drenched in charisma when he leaves it, handled the mic cutting out during This i Love like a boss. Duffs bass is really up there in the mix and sounded awesome, Slash was fucking unbelievable my wife who's a casual fan just kept turning to me and saying " fuck that was cool " or " he's amazing " after his solos. Fortus impressed me i have to say and the others...well they did their jobs i guess!

If the boys come to your town go see em, seriously you won't be disappointed.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Kyles said:

Yes it's completely untrue. There are lots of medications that cause weight gain. Gosh with all the singers dying in the past year you'd think everyone would be greatful that he's still alive. 

Obviously all GnR fans are happy that Axl is still alive. Did somebody on here say they wish he was dead?

I think some people think it's funny that others constantly make excuses any time something negative is associated to Axl. Bad performance - he must have a cold. Not in shape - it's the medicines fault. 

Some people see Axl as an actual God who does no wrong. It's s weird phenomenon. Just because a guy is an amazing frontman doesn't automatically mean he is an amazing human. 

• Like 2