New Jimi Hendrix official live release coming

classicrawker

Looks like they may be finally releasing some of the complete the Band of Gypsy 69/70 Fillmore concerts which are one of my few remaining Holy Grails...........I have all four shows on a very good 6 CD Bootleg box set but getting these from the master tapes and mixed by Eddie Kramer has been a dream of mine since the original LP was released. Hopefully they will release the other 3 shows in their entirety....preordered the CD and vinyl.............

https://www.jimihendrix.com/news/jimi-hendrix-machine-gun-fillmore-east-first-show-123169-september-30-cd-2-lp-180-gram-vinyl-high-resolution-sacd-digital/

Edited by classicrawker

35 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

Looks like they may be finally releasing some of the complete the Band of Gypsy 69/70 Fillmore concerts which are one of my few remaining Holy Grails...........I have all four shows on a very good 6 CD box set but getting these from the master tapes and mixed by Eddie Kramer has been a dream of mine since the original LP was released. Hopefully they will release the other 3 shows in their entirety....preordered the CD and vinyl.............

https://www.jimihendrix.com/news/jimi-hendrix-machine-gun-fillmore-east-first-show-123169-september-30-cd-2-lp-180-gram-vinyl-high-resolution-sacd-digital/

Box of Gypsys is one of my favourite bootlegs.

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Box of Gypsys is one of my favourite bootlegs.

One of my favourites as well............I have this one which is supposedly from the Jefferies Estate..not sure that is true but it is mostly from SB recordings with a little audience recording to fill in gaps and sounds very good. Still shows up on eBay from time to time at a decent price.

image.jpg

http://antosoft.net/music/301589-jimi-hendrix-and-the-band-of-gypsys-2-nights-at-the-fillmore-east-2007-6-cd-box-set-re-up.html

As much as I love the bootleg it would be amazing if they released all 4 complete shows officially from the master tapes but I am afraid this may be all they give us like they did with the Berkeley 1970 shows where we only got one of them.............

Edited by classicrawker

58 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

My as well............I have this one which is supposedly from the Jefferies Estate..not sure that is true but it is mostly SB recordings 

image.jpg

As much as I love the bootleg it would be amazing if they released all 4 complete shows officially from the master tapes but I am afraid this may be all they give us like they did with the Berkeley 1070 shows where we only got one of them.............

They put out some real shit also. The last studio 'album'. People, Hell & Angels , was really scraping the barrel.