Amsterdam

Dazey

42 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

Each to their own.

They're more than welcome to come to London and go on about anything they find/like here. :)

Are you not in the least bit embarrassed to wander around a beautiful city, baked out of your bonce prattling on about how "this is my town"? I mean, we all know that you are really there on a Busman's Holiday, working at the Red Light district, sucking off other men to pay for your Hagelslag fix, but at least have some decorum when not working! :lol:

• Like 2

Yeah,  we don't have any cool museums. Hagelslag, sex and weed, that's Amsterdam.

But if you want to see a tiny bit more, cause you are too stoned to walk for example, you can watch paintings of those insignificant painters, like Rembrandt, Vermeer, Van Gogh stuff like that. But only if you are bored though, otherwise nevermind not that they were really important painters or anything. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Snake-Pit said:

Each to their own.

They're more than welcome to come to London and go on about anything they find/like here. :)

Oddly enough they have...and they dont come back going 'they have round teabags over there y'know...madness!  Y'know what else I saw?  A fish n chip shop!' :lol:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Oddly enough they have...and they dont come back going 'they have round teabags over there y'know...madness!  Y'know what else I saw?  A fish n chip shop!' :lol:

Lol and they don't put mayonaise on their chips. Just ugh...no mayonaise!!!!!

https://youtu.be/f24DOkYMa6o

Edited by MB.

7 hours ago, MB. said:

Lol and they don't put mayonaise on their chips. Just ugh...no mayonaise!!!!!

https://youtu.be/f24DOkYMa6o

'Yknow what they call a quarter pounder with cheese in France?' :lol:

I always thought that scene was ripe for some kind of comedy sketch show parody yknow, a couple of Europeans in a car with a fake afro and a long haired wig and a earring hoop going 'so tell me again about the Texas steakhouse?'  'Have you seen those fat bastards eat?  I'm tellin' ya, they'll but grilled cheese on a Ritz cracker!'

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MB. said:

Yeah,  we don't have any cool museums. Hagelslag, sex and weed, that's Amsterdam.

But if you want to see a tiny bit more, cause you are too stoned to walk for example, you can watch paintings of those insignificant painters, like Rembrandt, Vermeer, Van Gogh stuff like that. But only if you are bored though, otherwise nevermind not that they were really important painters or anything. 

Just imagine how nice the city would be without the drug-obsessed fuckups.... 

55 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

I know that you guys are a bunch of intolreant aresholes when you want to be.

Oh I tolerate it. Being tolerant means you accept it the way it is. Not that you have to fucking like it. And I don't like an otherwise beautiful city being flooded with drug-obsessed losers. Or people who can't get sex for free, and instead choose to fuel a market full of exploited South American and Eastern-European women for that matter. It's the downside of the lenient attitude the government has to these things. It has many benefits, but these are definitely some of the downsides. I also hate all the ridiculous souvenir shops that buy into this shit and see pre-rolled joints and shitty tshirts to even promote this. It's a shame, because Amsterdam has SO much more to offer. These losers just make it intolerable for the people who do enjoy the cultural and historic side of the city. I hate that Amsterdam is such a walhalla and fad among idiots, losers and rejects. 

Edited by username
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, username said:

Oh I tolerate it. Being tolerant means you accept it the way it is. Not that you have to fucking like it. And I don't like an otherwise beautiful city being flooded with drug-obsessed losers. Or people who can't get sex for free, and instead choose to fuel a market full of exploited South American and Eastern-European women for that matter. It's the downside of the lenient attitude the government has to these things. It has many benefits, but these are definitely some of the downsides. I also hate all the ridiculous souvenir shops that buy into this shit and see pre-rolled joints and shitty tshirts to even promote this. It's a shame, because Amsterdam has SO much more to offer. These losers just make it intolerable for the people who so enjoy the cultural and historic side of the city. I hate that Amsterdam is such a walhalla and fad among idiots, losers and rejects. 

.. No, no you don't your ungrateful attitude to the revenue that the marijuana trade brings to your city is sort of a big slap to the face of every tourist who's ever spent Euros or Gelds in Amsterdam before doing as they please.  You tolerate our money, but hate our guts.

Like, if you really want a pissing contest between Amsterdam and London (where I'm from you know) about culture, let me remind you; Who's language are we speaking? Who's history sees an English speaking world? Amsterdam for all it's worth is like Croydon and Central London combined; You have Vondelpark; I have Hyde Park, get a bunch of Sh*t in Hyde Park too, like Foo Fighters Concerts and Jimi Hendrix pictured there etc... Jimi Hendrix, Slash, The whole British Invasion (except The Beatles) came from here; Fucking David Bowie and Vincent Van Gogh both were shaped in Brixton; Bram Stoker's Dracula was set in London too, we had Churchill, you had Anne Frank (though whatever); Marshall Amps, most diverse city in the planet, dwarfs Amsterdam;

I personally hadn't heard of ANYTHING that wasn't 'Canals, Vincent Van Gogh, Sex and Weed and Heineken'...

I even did some research and found that Hagelslag thing;..

You want a pissing contest on what culture Amsterdam has to offer me?

I saw it, the Suriname is a joke to me. 

Edited by Snake-Pit

48 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

I know that you guys are a bunch of intolreant aresholes when you want to be.

If they were intolerant Snakes you'd never get there.  Why is it difficult to understand that a peoples might take umbrage to their home being considered an international whorehouse and places to get pranged out in the streets?  Its not too disimillar to the way i hear the natives of certain Spanish and Greek towns and cities are not too fond of having hordes of English man come flying and floating over from our shores to get alcohol poisoning in the streets, go around puking and shagging out in the streets and leaving their home town looking like a squadron of planes flew across and emptied a landfill over it.

Dont get me wrong, as I'm sure you know I'm always first in line to stick up for the lads but you cant reasonably sit there and act like you dont understand the objection.  

Edited by Len B'stard

Just now, Len B'stard said:

If they were intolerant Snakes you'd never get there.  Why is it difficult to understand that a peoples might take umbrage to their home being considered an international whorehouse and places to get pranged out in the streets?  Its not too disimillar to the way i hear the natives of certain Spanish and Greek towns and cities are not too fond of having hordes of English man come flying and floating over from our shores to get alcohol poisoning in the streets, go around puking and shagging out in the streets and leaving their home town looking like a squadron of planes flew across and emptied a landfill over it.

Dont get me wrong, as I'm sure you know I'm always first in line to stick up for the lads but you cant reasonably sit there and act like you dont understand the objection.  

Nah, username and MB both hate stoner tourists, and forget stuff still.

The Dutch Golden Age and that's it.

Just now, Snake-Pit said:

Nah, username and MB both hate stoner tourists, and forget stuff still.

The Dutch Golden Age and that's it.

Also its worth bearing in mind that theres probably a great portion of said drug tourists who arent harmless young scallies like yourself and are perhaps of a more sinister and intimidating variety.  

Also, it is their home and you are a guest, you could at least be a little more sensitive about their feelings instead of cunting them off, you might be more welcome that way.

• Like 1

Also its worth bearing in mind that theres probably a great portion of said drug tourists who arent harmless young scallies like yourself and are perhaps of a more sinister and intimidating variety.  

Also, it is their home and you are a guest, you could at least be a little more sensitive about their feelings instead of cunting them off, you might be more welcome that way.

Nope, the most happiest place on Earth... Drugs too.

London's my home; You don't see me trash talking visitors, because I'm not two faced and welcome them no matter what brings them to my home.

Also when it comes down to it, Amsterdam is smaller than London. So; whatever.

Chinatown in Amsterdam kinda looked like Wing Yip to me.

Edited by Snake-Pit

2 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

Nope, the most happiest place on Earth... Drugs too.

London's my home; You don't see me trash talking visitors, because I'm not two faced and welcome them no matter what brings them to my home.

It's when it comes down to it, Amsterdam is smaller than London. So; whatever.

Oh yeah cuz everyone loves tourists in London, don't they?  Dont talk bollocks Snakes, its one of the chief points of complaint 'its dirty, its congested, everything expensive, its full of fucking tourists', how many millions of times do you hear that in London?

People have kids to raise and that, how do you think they feel on a weekend taking the kids out and having their manor full of a bunch of twats tripping off their tits on mushrooms waiting for night to fall so they can go patronise some dead eyed prostitute cuz they couldn't pull a bird with a fuckin' trawlers net?

2 minutes ago, username said:

I'd happily do without your weed money. And your incoherent rambling. Piss off. 

You spoke about having more than weed and Rembrandt, so I gave you a tip of the iceberg to what this city I call home's got.

Edited by Snake-Pit

2 hours ago, username said:

Or people who can't get sex for free, and instead choose to fuel a market full of EXPLOITED South American and Eastern-European women for that matter. It's the downside of the lenient attitude the government has to these things. 

So this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??

And if like drugtourists spend any real money, lol.

I moved out the city a couple of years ago (just outside though) to raise my kids elsewhere. Would move right back in, if not for those drugstourists thinking the city belongs to them.

Stop patronizing us Snakes. It's not we hate tourists, it's not we mind them smoking weed at times, we mind drugstourists. Those who piss, puke, sleep, being loud on the streets at night tourists. Those who jump out of windows thinking they can fly. Those who don't have any respect for the city and it's history. Those who often are not only smoking weed, but also are looking for stronger stuff. Those who think using drugs on the streets is totally fine. What do I explain my kids, when people are stoned out of their mind, smoking, snoring, sleeping, looking like shit and we pass? My kids are scared of those people. 

I love London, I love GB and I love it's history. It's actually an hobby of mine. I would never visit Kensington palace totally drunk or stoned, like they are doing here in our museums. I have way too much respect for your history. Oh and visiting Kensington, guess who lived there? Your dutch king William III:P . He even was one of founders of the bank of England. There you go, our history was not totally unimportant;).

1 hour ago, MB. said:

So this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??

And if like drugtourists spend any real money, lol.

I moved out the city a couple of years ago (just outside though) to raise my kids elsewhere. Would move right back in, if not for those drugstourists thinking the city belongs to them.

Stop patronizing us Snakes. It's not we hate tourists, it's not we mind them smoking weed at times, we mind drugstourists. Those who piss, puke, sleep, being loud on the streets at night tourists. Those who jump out of windows thinking they can fly. Those who don't have any respect for the city and it's history. Those who often are not only smoking weed, but also are looking for stronger stuff. Those who think using drugs on the streets is totally fine. What do I explain my kids, when people are stoned out of their mind, smoking, snoring, sleeping, looking like shit and we pass? My kids are scared of those people. 

I love London, I love GB and I love it's history. It's actually an hobby of mine. I would never visit Kensington palace totally drunk or stoned, like they are doing here in our museums. I have way too much respect for your history. Oh and visiting Kensington, guess who lived there? Your dutch king William III:P . He even was one of founders of the bank of England. There you go, our history was not totally unimportant;).

You could do what you want in London; Amsterdam was cool, first time I came back I came back to Soho, I had met American tourists in Amsterdam the night before, so back in Soho watching American tourists (2 guys and a girl) shout out 'Let's do crack and find a strip club'.. I embraced their freedom; I don't condone crack and think strippers aren't all that 9 times out of 10, but I certainly don't hate them for being themselves, feeling at home in my city. They seemed like well to do kids, might or might not have found crack, but they were loud, happy, and bothered nobody.

1 minute ago, Snake-Pit said:

You could do what you want in London; Amsterdam was cool, first time I came back I came back to Soho, I had met American tourists in Amsterdam the night before, so back in Soho watching American tourists (2 guys and a girl) shout out 'Let's do crack and find a strip club'.. I embraced their freedom; I don't condone crack and think strippers aren't all that 9 times out of 10, but I certainly don't hate them for being themselves, feeling at home in my city. They seemed like well to do kids, might or might not have found crack, but they were loud, happy, and bothered nobody.

Thats sort of different though because hordes of people dont descend on Soho from all around the world looking to do crack and patronise strippers, do they?  Strip Clubs and crack are not exclusive to Soho so we dont have a similar sort of traffic regarding them in the, what, 1sq mile that Soho consists of?  

Thats sort of different though because hordes of people dont descend on Soho from all around the world looking to do crack and patronise strippers, do they?  Strip Clubs and crack are not exclusive to Soho so we dont have a similar sort of traffic regarding them in the, what, 1sq mile that Soho consists of?  

I smoked weed in the right places. More or less, had like 1 joint at Dam Square (to celebrate 4:20) but the rest were smoked in their red light district outside coffee shops and hotels of mine (next to coffee shops); in that touristy stoner bit they all avoid anyway and stuff. When I first went I selfied outside the palace with an unlit joint, but that was before I knew the law; and didn't know where I could and couldn't get high.

Edited by Snake-Pit