Amsterdam

Dazey

Just now, Snake-Pit said:

I smoked weed in the right places. More or less, had like 1 joint at dam square (to celebrate 4:20) but the rest were smoked in their red light district outside coffee shops and hotels or mine and stuff.

Yeah but you're not the length and breadth of the thousands upon thousands that descend on Amsterdam every year are you, thats the point being made by MB and Username.  Its not the Snakepit show, you were only pointing out as sounding a bit twittish about their culture, you're a minor aspect of the objection :lol:

I've seen Brits there make arses of themselves, not a lot, but it seemed to me, if you're British and a bit of a character, you could draw in an audience.

This was at night somewhere in the city in 2015 when I got lost; at a tram stop/streetcar stop; was this nutter having a giggle entertaining these Dutch people... So I saw what he was doing. NOS/laughing gas, and cracking jokes; the Dutch heads looked sober but polite/having a good time, and he was just there doing his thing; very quickly I recognised he was a Brit, he then knew I wasn't Dutch, but, he heard me speak, asked me where I was from, I said Croydon, he was from Liverpool, I went, left him to his laughing gas show in Amsterdam...

That wasn't in the red light district though, so I am aware I'm not every stoner fuck. Still, pot culture is a reason why Amsterdam's on the map; but they don't like stoners.

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

You've been there, what, on two weekenders?  Them two live there so i reckon they'd know.

Hold your horses Leonard! I might have spent a fair amount of time in our nations capital, but much like some of you Brits I'm a very proud Northerner. :P 

7 minutes ago, username said:

Hold your horses Leonard! I might have spent a fair amount of time in our nations capital, but much like some of you Brits I'm a very proud Northerner. :P 

I'd probably venture to the North of this country before likening yourselves to them, bunch of 12 toed, sister shagging, incoherent yokels that eat horseshit sandwiches by and large :lol:. At any rate I'm sure you've been to Amsterdam more than our friendly forum entrepreneur up there!

Just now, Len B'stard said:

I'd probably venture to the North of this country before likening yourselves to them, bunch of 12 toed, sister shagging, incoherent yokels that eat horseshit sandwiches by and large :lol:. At any rate I'm sure you've been to Amsterdam more than our friendly forum entrepreneur up there!

I wanted to say that, but I thought it might be offensive! I wanted to say "but without all the inbreeding".

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Where did this sudden love for fried chicken in this country come from?!?  Its basically from my lot opening up gaffs isnt it?  Before that all you had was KFC.

I read that they all do Halal chicken to appeal to Britain's burgeoning ethnic rappy mobs.

9 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I've just got an image in my head of all the jocks in some little Scottish village kicking off about Username and all his Whisky buddies descending on the Highlands like a marauding Viking horde. :lol:

Vikings won the last time didnt they? :lol:  Or did they just see it and go 'nah, fuck this lot'.

Edited by Len B'stard

16 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Vikings won the last time didnt they? :lol:  Or did they just see it and go 'nah, fuck this lot'.

Depends on how you look at it as they were marauders by nature so their aim for most of their history was rape, pillage then to bugger off. Later on they began to get restless with the nomadic lifestyle and created viable states such as Danelaw, Normandy. Dublin and York were both founded by The Vikings (York on an earlier Roman camp),

ggaynzo.jpg

Edited by DieselDaisy
Added map to show Viking settlement

2 hours ago, username said:

I wanted to say that, but I thought it might be offensive! I wanted to say "but without all the inbreeding".

If you want to say it, say it, you've already offended Amsterdam's pothead community :lol: why,  do you all of a sudden care about The North?

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

Where did this sudden love for fried chicken in this country come from?!?  Its basically from my lot opening up gaffs isnt it?  Before that all you had was KFC.

if your KFC there is anything like it is here stay far away! i worked there as a teenager, oh the horror...the horror!!!

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I love it when Americans talk about famous sports people and all the Brits are thinking to themselves 'who'. I remember reading an Ali book and it going on about some chap called Wilt Chamberlain as if I should know who he is.

He's a basketball player. Bizarrely the only sport that's more boring than cricket.