Amsterdam

Dazey

11 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

See, Snakes? You'll have a roaring trade in no time. Spunko will spread the word to his village too.

make money for NL too in taxes, UK too...

it'll also give me something else to sell if I ever have an offshore coffeeshop in 'dam.

Edited by Snake-Pit

You have more brands making hagelslag.  Every supermarket sells their own. You can buy it for 1 euro but another brand.

De Ruijter is best though.

Oh, but this:

https://www.dutchexpatshop.com/nl/brands/de-ruijter/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwi_W9BRD_3uio_Jz-p8UBEiQANU80vqtRW3_GUsCy6QVANh3AVgNHAqL-p2_1cI9TannWM7oaAsb98P8HAQ

2,94 euro a box this way.

Edited by MB.

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Brits don't know this stuff. We don't know who Jackie Robinson is. We only know DiMaggio because of Monroe. Americans don't know who Botham, Messi and Will Carling is.

Basketball is boring. It looks like a sport which should be good (on paper) and you watch it and it is tedious beyond belief.

I know loads of basketball players.  Admittedly i dont know fuck all about them other than their names but i know em, Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain...uh...Alan Iverson i think is one, Kobe Bryant...most of whom are associated trainers, Rodman was a famous flamboyant poof :lol:

I know some baseball players too, Babe Ruth, Willie Mays, Darryl Strawberry, Jose Canseco...uh...Joe DiMaggio...watch me be wrong on all of the baseball ones.  Theres a Mattingly in there too i think.

Charles Barkley is another basketball one, Magic Johnson, theres an Irving something i think, Dr Dre ponced his name off him in some manner or another.

Edited by Len B'stard

16 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

I know loads of basketball players.  Admittedly i dont know fuck all about them other than their names but i know em, Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain...uh...Alan Iverson i think is one, Kobe Bryant...most of whom are associated trainers, Rodman was a famous flamboyant poof :lol:

I know some baseball players too, Babe Ruth, Willie Mays, Darryl Strawberry, Jose Canseco...uh...Joe DiMaggio...watch me be wrong on all of the baseball ones.  Theres a Mattingly in there too i think.

Charles Barkley is another basketball one, Magic Johnson, theres an Irving something i think, Dr Dre ponced his name off him in some manner or another.

I only know Babe Ruth because Bill Bryson writes about in his book. Apparently he would be shaging a groupie while eating a sandwich at the same time. There is that guy who that illness is named after also who was in the same team as Ruth?

Edited by DieselDaisy

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I only know Babe Ruth because Bill Bryson writes about in his book. Apparently he would be shaging a groupie while eating a sandwich at the same time. There is that guy who that illness is named after also who was in the same team as Ruth?

Lou Gehrig.

30 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Luol Dang plays for the NBA and went to St. Mary's in Croydon and used to live in South Norwood.

luol-deng-basketball-headshot-photo.jpg

He used to play for the Bulls (Chicago) but now he plays for the Lakers (LA Lakers of Los Angeles). As well as playing for Team Great Britain.

Edited by Snake-Pit

5 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

I know their names but my reference points are from various tv shows and pop culture. Dennis Rodman was the Tranny who was shagging Maddona, Joe DiMaggio is name checked in the song American Pie, Darrel Strawberry and Canseco showed up in an episode of the Simpsons once :lol:, Pippen and Jordan were on a wicked basketball game on the NES in the 90's, Babe Ruth was a chocolate bar the mongo from the Goonies shared with Chunk and Magic Johnson is the Aids one. 

I haven't watched any of these people actually play their sports come to think of it except a few clips of Jordan.

3 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

I know their names but my reference points are from various tv shows and pop culture. Dennis Rodman was the Tranny who was shagging Maddona, Joe DiMaggio is name checked in the song American Pie, Darrel Strawberry and Canseco showed up in an episode of the Simpsons once :lol:, Pippen and Jordan were on a wicked basketball game on the NES in the 90's, Babe Ruth was a chocolate bar the mongo from the Goonies shared with Chunk and Magic Johnson is the Aids one. 

I haven't watched any of these people actually play their sports come to think of it except a few clips of Jordan.

Exactly the same here, they're just names I've heard off films n telly.

5 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Magic Johnson is the Aids one

...the Aids one!

Well that is the same for me. As I said, I only know of Babe Ruth and that other chap from Bill Bryson's book on 1927. Wasn't Jordan in some crappy film back in the 90s, a Roger Rabbit thing?

There was some fuckin' chinese one lately, Jeremy something or other, Floyd Mayweather made some racially dubious comment about him so thats how i heard of him, Jeremy Lin was it?  

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

...the Aids one!

Well that is the same for me. As I said, I only know of Babe Ruth and that other chap from Bill Bryson's book on 1927. Wasn't Jordan in some crappy film back in the 90s, a Roger Rabbit thing?

Space Jam!  Yeah, one of the best pair of Air Jordans came out off the back of that film.

33 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Well I have learnt one thing from this thread.

Whenever go to London, Stay away from Snakes! 

Dont worry, i dont suppose any tourist to London arrive and go 'i feel like seeing a gang infested council estate yknow, i've heard great things about em. I know, lets go to Thornton Heath, i feel like 2 piece chicken and chips and a bag of skunk!'.

Edited by Len B'stard

27 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Dont worry, i dont suppose any tourist to London arrive and go 'i feel like seeing a gang infested council estate yknow, i've heard great things about em. I know, lets go to Thornton Heath, i feel like 2 piece chicken and chips and a bag of skunk!'.

Will I see something like this?

14063898_10154899822271840_8641979530946

3 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

I'd go, for the 2 piece chicken and chips and skunk; but, this isn't Hood Safari #smartguy

Edited by Snake-Pit

Just now, Len B'stard said:

Whatcha you'd go, you live there you wally :lol:

To be honest, I went to Amsterdam for the 2 piece chicken and chips and bag of skunk so; I've already done that. :lol: 

Edited by Snake-Pit
  • Like 1