Gilby Clarke interview - 'I don't know if you can call this a reunion'

12 hours ago, EvanG said:

You have to learn to read, dude. Again, I responded to Asia's post which said no one cared about Gilby. Quite frankly, I'm impressed some poster here who probably doesn't know anyone is able to speak for other people. Same goes for you. Because Gilby hasn't recorded with Slash anymore since the 90s doesn't mean he doesn't care about him or whatever you think. I've given enough examples of these guys still playing together, I don't understand why you have a problem with that. Also, learn to spell, it does help on a forum like this.

what spelling error? and I know how to read.  You just fail to see the point that if anyone wanted Gilby to play on one of their projects, Gilby would have dropped whatever he was doing and given them a blowjob to do it.  You mention Snakepit like it wasn't broken up entirly and brought back with a new lineup.  Maybe you should learn to read ;)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jmapelian said:

what spelling error? and I know how to read.  You just fail to see the point that if anyone wanted Gilby to play on one of their projects, Gilby would have dropped whatever he was doing and given them a blowjob to do it.  You mention Snakepit like it wasn't broken up entirly and brought back with a new lineup.  Maybe you should learn to read ;)

What are you even talking about? What the hell are you on about? I never said anything about why Gilby doesn't play on the other guys' projects. I couldn't even care less about that. I'm typing this for the third time now, so read this carefully because this is the last time:  I reacted to one poster here who said NO ONE CARES ABOUT GILBY... which is a load of bullshit and I've given several examples of how that isn't true. All I've said is that I'm sure some of the gunners still care about Gilby otherwise they wouldn't still hang out and play with the guy. That's all, I don't understand why you're going against that. This is ridiculous.

Oh, and it's spelled ''convenience'' not '' conveniance'' and I hope the other mistakes in your previous posts are typos, or you really are dumb.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 3

It's like Slash is expected to play with the same musicians for the rest of his life, otherwise it's a sign he doesn't like them and would never work with them again. This Axl-logic was used to discount Steven showing up. Yet he appeared as a guest and but for his back problems, may have even been involved from the start. You'd think people would learn, but it's now Gilby's turn.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

It's like Slash is expected to play with the same musicians for the rest of his life, otherwise it's a sign he doesn't like them and would never work with them again. This Axl-logic was used to discount Steven showing up. Yet he appeared as a guest and but for his back problems, may have even been involved from the start. You'd think people would learn, but it's now Gilby's turn.

Axl-logic? Will you explain this because I don't know what it means.

Just now, sanity_lost said:

Axl-logic? Will you explain this because I don't know what it means.

Well, it's not official or anything. :lol: I'm talking about the black and white thinking of the posters who argue "Slash didn't play in band with Gilby/Steven/whoever since GNR = He doesn't care about them, and there's no chance they'll ever play with him in GNR again."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babooshka said:

Well, it's not official or anything. :lol: I'm talking about the black and white thinking of the posters who argue "Slash didn't play in band with Gilby/Steven/whoever since GNR = He doesn't care about them, and there's no chance they'll ever play with him in GNR again."

Thanks!

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

What are you even talking about? What the hell are you on about? I never said anything about why Gilby doesn't play on the other guys' projects. I couldn't even care less about that. I'm typing this for the third time now, so read this carefully because this is the last time:  I reacted to one poster here who said NO ONE CARES ABOUT GILBY... which is a load of bullshit and I've given several examples of how that isn't true. All I've said is that I'm sure some of the gunners still care about Gilby otherwise they wouldn't still hang out and play with the guy. That's all, I don't understand why you're going against that. This is ridiculous.

Oh, and it's spelled ''convenience'' not '' conveniance'' and I hope the other mistakes in your previous posts are typos, or you really are dumb.

OK, 5 people including you on this forum give a fuck about Gilby, point taken, go sign uo for a spelling bee

17 hours ago, Caraibes said:

Who cares?

FORTUS is a million times better and has been in the band for 15 years.

It's FORTUS TIME.

"That your satisfaction lies in your illusions, but your delusions are yours and not mine"

Answering your question, not many people care about Gilby. Even less people care about Richard, though.

There is no such thing as Fortus time. Slash, Axl and Duff are GNR (as can be seen in the press releases) and it's THEIR TIME. Everyone else is a complement, no matter how good some of them might be. Sadly for you, Richard will never get the love and recognition Steven gets from the crowd when he gets to join the band to play a few songs, let alone the reaction Slash gets. 

A few years ago there were some brilliant people claiming Robin Finck was gonna hold a more important place in GNR's history than Slash and I don't need to tell you how accurate that statement was. So, my advice to you is if you're so happy to have Richard in the band (which I am as well, I really like his playing) then take it for what it is and enjoy it instead of trying to rewrite history.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2016 at 11:40 PM, -Jaro- said:

And who cares what GC says?!?

He is/was less GNR member than any of NuGNR clowns... F*in Pitman has more with GNR than him...

haha bullshit. Pitman is one of the most ueless members in any band ever. The only legit NuGnR members now are Frank and Richard and it's all because they're ina  real GnR band with Axl, Duff and Slash. Gilby was with GnR at the peak of their fame and recorded on TSI? More people know of Gilby in Guns N Roses than any NuGnR member aside from BH and the only reason BH is well known for being in GnR is because he dressed like a clown.  In fact Melissa has more GnR cred now than Pitman ever will. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jmapelian said:

OK, 5 people including you on this forum give a fuck about Gilby, point taken, go sign uo for a spelling bee

Oh my, you really are not very bright, are you? I wasn't talking about people on this forum because I don't know anyone here, I was talking about the guys in the band. Jeez, you either have to learn to read or stop being ignorant... or maybe both? Yeah, I think both. But seriously, stop speaking for other people, you already come off like a dimwit, don't make it even worse by being this ignorant.

I think you should participate in a spelling bee, you might learn a thing or two, you obviously need it. I will even help you if you want to. Just say the word and from now on I will correct all the spelling mistakes you make on here. No problem. :) 

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 2

On 8/27/2016 at 5:17 AM, EvanG said:

Oh my, you really are not very bright, are you? I wasn't talking about people on this forum because I don't know anyone here, I was talking about the guys in the band. Jeez, you either have to learn to read or stop being ignorant... or maybe both? Yeah, I think both. But seriously, stop speaking for other people, you already come off like a dimwit, don't make it even worse by being this ignorant.

I think you should participate in a spelling bee, you might learn a thing or two, you obviously need it. I will even help you if you want to. Just say the word and from now on I will correct all the spelling mistakes you make on here. No problem. :) 

alright dude, you got me....you spell better than me.....and yes, everybody loves Gilby.

It's so obvious when they bring him out for his guest spot with the crowd chanting his name

Edited by jmapelian

1 hour ago, jmapelian said:

alright dude, you got me....you spell better than me.....and yes, everybody loves Gilby.

It's so obvious when they bring him out for his guest spot with the crowd chanting his name

I'm amazed at how you remain so clueless even though I have explained in four posts now that it's not about that at all. I'm not going to repeat it for a 5th time because I reckon you're either 8 years old or too dumb to understand, so rock on, dude, and Godspeed.

• Like 1

Most of Gilby's comments have been talked about but I find it ironic he said Slash and Duff joined Axl's band. They joined Axl's band before AFD was made. Izzy was the only one who didn't "join".

I wouldn't mind a guest spot but Gilby seems delusional if he thinks he has to be there for it to be a reunion.

Sure it's a regrouping but I'd classify it as a reunion. I'm not upset Gilby isn't there hell I'm okay with Adler not being there and getting used to Izzy though I'm holding out on him showing up at some point.

I'd rather see a Traci guest appearance.

Gilby is jealous of FORTUS.

He knows he will never be back in the band because Fortus is a million times better than him, and much, much more "bankable".

Gilby is a low kind of guitar player wihle Fortus is a "Star power" kind of guitar player (huge sound, huge stage presence), very spectacuilar with an "in your face" approach. He is larger than life compared to Gilby. 

Gilby just can't win. 

Edited by Caraibes
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Caraibes said:

Gilby just can't win. 

He already won, the dude is in his 50s and he's been making a good living playing music since his 20s. You have any idea how many musicians in the world can only dream of that? Musicians that need a crappy day job to pay the bills and can only make music in their spare time? No, man... anyone who can lead a comfortable life playing music has ''made'' it in my opinion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

Most of Gilby's comments have been talked about but I find it ironic he said Slash and Duff joined Axl's band. They joined Axl's band before AFD was made. Izzy was the only one who didn't "join".

I wouldn't mind a guest spot but Gilby seems delusional if he thinks he has to be there for it to be a reunion.

Sure it's a regrouping but I'd classify it as a reunion. I'm not upset Gilby isn't there hell I'm okay with Adler not being there and getting used to Izzy though I'm holding out on him showing up at some point.

I'd rather see a Traci guest appearance.

This again?:jerkoff:    

The AFD lineup is the original lineup in any way that actually counts.  

57 minutes ago, EvanG said:

He already won, the dude is in his 50s and he's been making a good living playing music since his 20s. You have any idea how many musicians in the world can only dream of that? Musicians that need a crappy day job to pay the bills and can only make music in their spare time? No, man... anyone who can lead a comfortable life playing music has ''made'' it in my opinion.

Gilby lives on jeans money. Nothing wrong with that but let's be real.

19 minutes ago, EvanG said:

To be honest, I never really followed his career, but when I see how many solo albums he put out, and the fact that he's playing around the world still to this day, I'd say that is more success than most musicians I know, and I'm a musican myself so it's not like I don't know any. I'm not comparing him to really famous musicians, but most musicians his age can't even get a record out and are playing for twenty people in some crappy bar without getting paid. Of course that's partly because of his GnR fame, but at least he's doing what he loves and he can live off it. To me that's success.

Yeah, I don't disagree but maybe you didn't get the jeans reference. Gilby's wife had a very successful jeans company called Frankie B. That is what funds Gilby's lifestyle. He doesn't live off music.

13 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

Yeah, I don't disagree but maybe you didn't get the jeans reference. Gilby's wife had a very successful jeans company called Frankie B. That is what funds Gilby's lifestyle. He doesn't live off music.

Well, I don't know about his financial situation to make that conclusion, unless you're his accountant I'm not sure how you know, but perhaps you're right. But he seems to tour a lot in the US, South America and Europe, and even though an artist of his caliber won't get rich that way, I'm sure there are less lucrative jobs.

• Like 1