Gilby Clarke interview - 'I don't know if you can call this a reunion'

'Gilby is jealous of Fortus' The best joke ever cracked on this forum.

Fortus has no fucking stage presence whatsoever. Star power? The only power he has is to spill his musical diarrhea over the classy guitar work laid down by Mr. Stradlin and Clarke. In your face approach? Yes, and he's annoying as hell. Larger than life compared to Gilby? The man looks like a fucking stick. 

Edited by sonofnazareth
  • Like 3

On August 31, 2016 at 6:12 PM, Caraibes said:

FORTUS is the best! 

Why do you bring Fortus in every thread? 

A thread about MJ

FORTUS IS BETTER THAN MICHAEL JACKSON!

A thread about Hendrix

FORTUS IS BEST. FORGET HENDRIX. 

A thread about Mission Impossible

FUCK TOM CRUISE. SHOW RESPECT TO FORTUS.

A thread about James Bond

FORTUS IS THE BEST JAMES BOND!

A thread about Aliens

FORTUS THE GREAT SAVED US FROM AN ALIEN ATTACK. HE IS THE BEST. 

A thread about The Avengers

FORTUS CAN EASILY BEAT IRON MAN, HULK, THOR, CAPTAIN AMERICA! 

4 minutes ago, shjtjustgotreal said:

sorry if the question is irrelevant, but does anyone know if this is Slash's first stadium tour ever since he left guns?

Axl, Slash and Duff have played clubs, arena's and Festivals, but never did a stadium tour with their respective solo bands. 

So yeah this is the first stadium tour for all of them since 1993. 

It will be better if this thread is closed, all of us know what Gilby said and how it was presented.

There will be 10 more pages of Izzy Vs Fortus Vs Gilby. 

and 1000 posts by Caraibes about how FORTUS is the best and how he should be respected and how he should be made a partner and how he gets the equal money as duff and how amazing songs like Don't Cry and Sweet Child he wrote. 

So its better to lock this thread now. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

@EvH why aren't you saying anything to Caraibes? 

Well I was talking about him when I mentioned cupcakes.

Edit: fuck, I had forgotten the word filter :lol: t.r.o.l.l.s.

Edited by EvH

1 hour ago, Kickingthehabit said:

I still hope to see a few AFD line-up shows next year. Just them, no one else.

Gotta have Dizzy too.. It would be just as amazing and they could play more songs. I'm as old school as it comes but the dude has earned his keep.

4 hours ago, EvH said:

The Gilby interview as, you know, mentioned in the thread title.

All I know is, he spoke complete truth. The current lineup of GNR is NOT a reunion, it's a continuation of the evolving machine that is guns n roses. Some like it, some around here are in denial and think that slash and duff actually had a say in who would be in the band. Gilby was truthful, probably also a little bitter deep down that he hasn't been asked to be a part of this yet but, give it time. So to answer your question, yes, gilby was absolutely right in every word he said. Nowhere in that interview did he lie. 

I for one am hoping for a full appetite reunion next year but I'm not counting on it. So clean lock up, whatever makes everybody happy is cool with me. But to answer your question, some may not like what gilby has to say, but I have yet read a single comment to prove what he said was wrong. So there ya go... See I'm on topic! 

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 2

On 8/31/2016 at 2:49 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Slash was a club act during the second Snakepit era. I saw Slash in this tiny Sheffield club which must not have held 500 people. Velvet Revolver essentially plucked him from clubs and stuck him straight back into arenas again! Since then, since the instigation of the solo/Conspirators thing, he has been a sort of theatre/larger club act, the middling sort of venues which hold around 3 -6,000.

Subjectivity aside, there is also not much difference between Izzy and Gilby's career either beyond the fact that Gilby tours constantly. They were both initially signed with majors (Geffen and Virgin respectively). Their two respective debuts both sold quite well (Ju Ju Hounds and Pawnshop Guitars). They both play(ed) clubs. Subsequent albums have not fared as well as their debut, as they both become cult acts, of mild interest to Guns N' Roses fans (Izzy was dropped from Geffen after his sophomore, following the corporate reshuffle of the late '90s).

If you like an album  of his, or enjoy a show of his, that is 'notable'. It is all relative.

Gilby's put out 2 albums in the 2000's -- Izzy put one out once a year, if not once every two years.  Izzy doesntt tour.  Gilby's set lists are straight from 94, he plays 8 covers and 4 of Pawnshop.....yeah he makes a living but look at his set lists from any show he's given and it's almost the same 12 songs event though e has multiple solo albums out, he only plays shit off Pawnshop and covers......but yeah, I saw slash in tiny clubs, shit I saw him at the album debut show in nyc for his last album at a 300 person club and it was awesome.  

On 8/30/2016 at 4:35 PM, Philipm787 said:

Those people are called Axl-nutswingers around here.

not even close, I've been trashing nuGuns for years....lol....but Gilby was nothing more than a replacement touring guitarist.....Fortus did appear on a Guns album with original material which is technically more of a contributuion than Gilby made, at least IMO.....even if I don't particularly care for CD, or Fortus's conrtibution to it......

5 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Axl, Slash and Duff have played clubs, arena's and Festivals, but never did a stadium tour with their respective solo bands. 

So yeah this is the first stadium tour for all of them since 1993. 

Slash has played stadiums at festivals ovrseas and outdoor ampitheather's in the states and headlined the Jersey festval last year, so not just small 5000 person clubs

31 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Which isn't too shabby for a non singing lead guitarist's solo band. 

yeah, I know; sometimes I think Slash players smaller venues to his detriment, where he could fill a much larger space....ie, he could probably sell out MSG as a headliner; maybe not every arena, but LA, CHI, PHI, MA he could probably sell out arenas.  Though I love his club shows

1 hour ago, jmapelian said:

yeah, I know; sometimes I think Slash players smaller venues to his detriment, where he could fill a much larger space....ie, he could probably sell out MSG as a headliner; maybe not every arena, but LA, CHI, PHI, MA he could probably sell out arenas.  Though I love his club shows

Ehhh, let's be honest.  As much as I like Slash's solo band, the venues he's playing in the big cities are pretty much as big as he can play in this day and age under his own name.  In NYC, he did Terminal Five and in LA, he did Hollywood Palladium and that was what?  3,000 people capacity and charging around $40?  Sounds about right.  To do something like MSG or the Forum, he needs to charge around $50-ish and hope that around 7,000-8,000 comes to the show?  I don't think he can sell well in the big areas in the states as he can in Europe as a solo headliner where he can play like Wembley Arena.  Co-headliner?  Maybe, he may get lucky to get on a co-headlining Amphitheater tour in the future and it could go well, but who can Slash co-headline with to bump the attendance?

Edited by Anguyen92