Influence from Metallica on GNR

Now I know this topic has been posted countless of times already. Is a new album coming? EP? Etc. It's basically every GNR fan's wish, and truthfully any fan's wish when they are passionate about an artist. We want the new. Not the old. It's their job in a way right? They're musicians. Now I'm sure you guys have seen, or heard Metallica's new song "Hardwired." I'm a Metallica fan as well and must say I thought it was decent. I'm Minnesotan and my cousin actually went to their recent concert there and said it was even better live. Refreshing as a long time fan. My question is this: Do you guys think the band has heard it, the news of a new album, and it's in a way sparked some competitiveness? I am almost sure one of them looks at this as a way that they can reclaim their throne and should also release some new music. Yea they're two different genres but these were the top bands in the 80's/early 90's, why not have some resurgence of real music? I just have a good feeling that this will prompt them to want to get serious about writing. If they wanted to they could easily go into the studio for December/January and at-least crank out a new EP. What are you guys thoughts? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tajandreas said:

Now I know this topic has been posted countless of times already. Is a new album coming? EP? Etc. It's basically every GNR fan's wish, and truthfully any fan's wish when they are passionate about an artist. We want the new. Not the old. It's their job in a way right? They're musicians. Now I'm sure you guys have seen, or heard Metallica's new song "Hardwired." I'm a Metallica fan as well and must say I thought it was decent. I'm Minnesotan and my cousin actually went to their recent concert there and said it was even better live. Refreshing as a long time fan. My question is this: Do you guys think the band has heard it, the news of a new album, and it's in a way sparked some competitiveness? I am almost sure one of them looks at this as a way that they can reclaim their throne and should also release some new music. Yea they're two different genres but these were the top bands in the 80's/early 90's, why not have some resurgence of real music? I just have a good feeling that this will prompt them to want to get serious about writing. If they wanted to they could easily go into the studio for December/January and at-least crank out a new EP. What are you guys thoughts? 

Well it certainly means the second most lethargic band in rock are now active, whether that prompts the first (most lethargic band in rock) is another question! All I know is, persuading Axl to release stuff during the 'Nu' era was truly a Sisyphean undertaking.

• Like 1

It's natural for fans of a band to want to hear new music.  But let's not forget that a little over 9 months ago the majority of this forum would have said "BS" to any sort of reunion or them even completing a tour of this magnitude, at this point.

Let them get done with the world tour and then let's see if they have it in them to come out with some new music.  One step at a time....one step at a time. 

• Like 1

I really do hope that Axl has heard hardwired. Guns and Metallica both released their last albums in 2008 (not counting lulu, through the never, etc). Now that Metallica is releasing Hardwired. I really want Axl, Slash and Duff to knock Metallica out of the park. Hopefully tour together as well. We need Axl to stop being so lethargic when it comes to releasing new music. It really isn't that hard. If Slash can make an album in a month or so, he needs to push Axl and make an album.

17 minutes ago, darkknite63 said:

I really do hope that Axl has heard hardwired. Guns and Metallica both released their last albums in 2008 (not counting lulu, through the never, etc). Now that Metallica is releasing Hardwired. I really want Axl, Slash and Duff to knock Metallica out of the park. Hopefully tour together as well. We need Axl to stop being so lethargic when it comes to releasing new music. It really isn't that hard. If Slash can make an album in a month or so, he needs to push Axl and make an album.

Axl's answer:

"You don't know why
I won't act the way
You think I should 

You thought they'd make me
Behave and submit... "

Edited by -Jaro-
  • Like 2

I neva liked metallica but I kinda respect them fo making metal mainstream in a way...well anyway. 

GNR is nuthin like metallica in terms of nuthin. But a tour together would be the biggest thing in the history of music again, they would double up the venues.

Btw, I'd rather love to see FNM,Soundgarden and A7X with them...

11 hours ago, tajandreas said:

Minnesotans are lucky to have heard it first :thumbsup:. I watched it on youtube just the other day and I thought it was decent, can' t wait to hear the rest of the album.

As of now from the look of it, I don' t foresee a new Guns album within a year..they' ll be touring the rest of 2017 and the earliest for them to really sit down and tinker about an album will be 2018. Axl himself seemed to be caught off guard and unprepared when being asked about it by a fan in Europe.