Last date of GNR tour 8/22 (right now) first date of AC/DC 8/27.....whew

radioflyer

I'm watching the last US GNR show on Periscope right now, and was curious when the first AC/DC date is....and it's in just a few days. That's crazy!!! Are they getting any rehearsal time in with Axl at all? What a breakneck schedule for Axl. Kind of crazy.....but it's been a crazy year. 

I was a bit curious about the rehearsal time as well since there is such a small turn around before the AC/DC shows start.  Will Axl be a bit rusty on the first couple dates while he gets used to singing different songs with a different band again or will he come out on all cylinders?

10 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

those of us who won't have a chance to attend will be looking for periscopes and pics! :) 

Ha. I hear ya :).  For me, it's a bit tough to hold the phone for a long time.  I tried recording November Rain at MetLife. I barely made it and just couldn't  hold the phone after that. Also, I'm going by myself. In case  an emergency comes up, I may need the phone.  From what I heard Persicope eats up the battery life. So for those two reasons, I'm probably not going to use Periscope. Sorry about that. I'll probably take a few pics, though. :)

Edited by Draguns
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Ha. I hear ya :).  For me, it's a bit tough to hold the phone for a long time.  I tried recording November Rain at MetLife. I barely made it and just couldn't  hold the phone after that. Also, I'm going by myself. In case  an emergency comes up, I may need the phone.  From what I heard Persicope eats up the battery life. So for those two reasons, I'm probably not going to use Periscope. Sorry about that. I'll probably take a few pics, though. :)

no problem! i wouldn't want to do it. i go to a concert to enjoy it and totally rock out! i keep saying we need a gofundme.com to supply those willing scopers with tons of batteries. i would love to just be able to get one link and have it go through the whole concert :P 

4 hours ago, WAR41 said:

I got tickets to the MSG show.  I actually despise AC/DC, they are one of my top 5 most hated artists/bands, but I love Axl Rose soooooooooo....

I am not sure how I will react to this show. 

Interesting!! I hope it's ok for you. Luckily I like ac/dc. They are a powerhouse (but somewhat repetitive). (If I was in your situation I'd get very drunk or wear ear buds w Gnr tunes and just stare at Axl?)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, coolranchdressing! said:

Interesting!! I hope it's ok for you. Luckily I like ac/dc. They are a powerhouse (but somewhat repetitive). (If I was in your situation I'd get very drunk or wear ear buds w Gnr tunes and just stare at Axl?)

are you going too cool ranch?? maybe if so you'll be up for a good periscoping duty? there need to be scopes for us unfortunates not able to attend :) 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Draguns said:

Pics would be nice! But yeah for me..when I went to the SF concert , I took a few video clips, but each only 20 seconds long cause I just wanted to dance and rock out. My first video of ISE is soooo shaky forI just could NOT film it without dancing haha! Love that song! :D

On 24/08/2016 at 7:06 PM, WAR41 said:

I got tickets to the MSG show.  I actually despise AC/DC, they are one of my top 5 most hated artists/bands, but I love Axl Rose soooooooooo....

I am not sure how I will react to this show. 

How can you hate AC/DC? They're the ultimate rock band! Just pure feel good, forget about all your problems and rock out fun. It doesn't get more rock and roll than Angus Young spasming all over the stage for 2 hours.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2016 at 10:54 AM, AlexC said:

How can you hate AC/DC? They're the ultimate rock band! Just pure feel good, forget about all your problems and rock out fun. It doesn't get more rock and roll than Angus Young spasming all over the stage for 2 hours.

I know I am in the minority on this one.  Even my friends are shocked when I say I don't like them.  The way I describe the music to people is that to me it sounds like boring fratboy cockrock.  I don't know how AC/DC has hits because it all sounds the same.

That being said my friend I am going with is so excited to be going haha.   

On 29/08/2016 at 3:51 PM, WAR41 said:

I know I am in the minority on this one.  Even my friends are shocked when I say I don't like them.  The way I describe the music to people is that to me it sounds like boring fratboy cockrock.  I don't know how AC/DC has hits because it all sounds the same.

That being said my friend I am going with is so excited to be going haha.   

I went to the Manchester show and it was fucking incredible. You will be converted by the end! Haha.

On August 24, 2016 at 7:49 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

are you going too cool ranch?? maybe if so you'll be up for a good periscoping duty? there need to be scopes for us unfortunates not able to attend :) 

I don't even know what this is (recording the show I imagine). Sorry I'm busy dancing and enjoying the moment but thanks for asking!!