Guns N' Roses apparently covered The Angels' 'Take a Long Line' during sets. Does anyone have any information or recordings of this?

Not sure if this is the best forum for this post, but this is a topic intended for discussion...

I was reading an interview in which John Brewster of The Angels mentioned that Guns N' Roses had playes 'Marseilles' and 'Take a Long Line' during sets in their heyday:

Consequently, we really did build a good name for ourselves there.  Songs like Marseilles which I wrote and Take A Long Line which Rick wrote, they still get airplay over there and bands like Guns N Roses used to play that song in their set.

http://maytherockbewithyou.com/mtrbwy/2011/10/john-brewster-of-the-angels/

Guns N' Roses have covered 'Marseilles' no less than three times (In 1988, 1989 - with The Angels -, and 2014), but i have never seen any evidence of 'Take a Long Line' being played in any sets. Does anyone know if there is any information of this happening, or better yet, know where to find any recordings of it?

Here's the song in question:

Cheers.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

It's gotta be Axl, after all he worships one of the greatest if not THE greatest Aussie bred musicians of them ALL! ;-D

No it should be Izzy. as said in some interviews he likes heavy metal, etc. But he has always more revered bands with a rock n roll, cool vibe... like rolling stones, hanoi rocks, ...

I have repeated myself here on this forum saying that THERE HAS TO BE a handful of songs that GNR played (in rehearsals, live shows etc) that we have no idea of.

I suppose that some rehearsals must have been recorded from 1986-1991. They may have tried this song in rehearsals who knows?

The question is, DID GUNS N ROSES RECORD REHEARSALS AND WRITING SESSIONS?

I know bands that record everything

Guns n Roses must have recorded a lot of things. One shining example is the Chicago sessions in 1989. I mean, there must be COUNTLESS HOURS OF RECORDED MUSIC FROM THOSE SESSIONS ON TAPE LYING SOMEWHERE!

If said recordings do exist, from 1986 to 1991, now THAT is GNR Holy Grail!

• Like 1