GN'R - Family Tree?

Just stumbled across this on YouTube. Listened to only about 20 seconds but decided to turn it off until I can give it a listen with headphones (young ears around). Not sure how much profanity may be there. 

Anyway, what is this? Says full album. 

* Sorry if a similar thread already exists..

Well its an album which has songs from GNR covered by Gilby Clarke and Tracii Guns. 

I still find it weird that Tracii could do this, like he din't contribute anything to the band or played with the band, just those few days. He was not there when GNR became big and actually GNR. 

11 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Well its an album which has songs from GNR covered by Gilby Clarke and Tracii Guns. 

I still find it weird that Tracii could do this, like he din't contribute anything to the band or played with the band, just those few days. He was not there when GNR became big and actually GNR. 

Ahh, I see. Tracii was around during the Hollywood Rose days, right? And doesn't Axl own the rights to the Guns n Roses name?

Edited by Tiffani

1 minute ago, Tiffani said:

Ahh, I see. Tracii was around during the Hollywood Rose days, right?

No, it was Chris Webber, then Slash replaced him, then Tracii came in for a few days then they changed their name to Guns N' Roses and then Tracii left and din't contribute anything apart from the name "Guns" 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

No, it was Chris Webber, then Slash replaced him, then Tracii came in for a few days then they changed their name to Guns N' Roses and then Tracii left and din't contribute anything apart from the name "Guns" 

Ok...thanks for the early history lesson. ?

4 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Tracii never joined Hollywood Rose though. You are correct about Slash joining Hollywood Rose but then Hollywood Rose folded; Tracii had LA Guns which Axl subsequently joined. There was one final Hollywood Rose 'reunion' show, then this interlude before Guns N' Roses were formed.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Tracii never joined Hollywood Rose though. You are correct about Slash joining Hollywood Rose but then Hollywood Rose folded; Tracii had LA Guns which Axl subsequently joined. There was one final Hollywood Rose 'reunion' show, then this interlude before Guns N' Roses were formed.

That Hollywood Rose "reunion" had Chris, Slash or Tracii? 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Weber. As I said, Tracii was never in Hollywood Rose. He was in LA Guns.

I know that Tracii was in LA Guns, but I thought when webber left again and when Tracii came, they were Hollywood Rose for a few days and then changed the name to GNR. 

Just now, Slash787 said:

I know that Tracii was in LA Guns, but I thought when webber left again and when Tracii came, they were Hollywood Rose for a few days and then changed the name to GNR. 

According to Marc, GN'R were formed as a side project (of LA Guns and Hollywood Rose). Hollywood Rose had basically to all intents and purposes been disbanded when Guns formed. I have it,

Hollywood Rose (Axl/Izzy/Chris Weber and a couple of other guys) 1983 - Aprilish 1984

New Hollywood Rose (Axl/Slash/Adler/Steve Darrow) June - August 1984

(Axl was briefly in LA Guns around October after New Hollywood Rose had folded. Stradlin had already left just as they had formed and joined London because Axl had recruited Slash without his consultation).

Hollywood Rose Reunion 31 December 1984 at Dancing Waters Club. This was Axl/Izzy/Weber/Steve Darrow/Rob Gardner

Guns N' Roses founded March 1985 (Axl/Izzy/Tracii/Ole Beich/Rob Gardner)

42 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I

i am not sure because i never listened to this album but according to the tracklist thats not an accurate description of the album

there are Hollywood Rose tracks on it which are probably by Axl, Izzy, Chris Weber and a (session) drummer (that i cant remember the name)

also Nice Boys is by Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven and its a different version from the Lies version

Also there are 3 tracks recorded over the years with Slash or Duff playing with other people (Elected, No More Mr Nice Guy, Gipsy)

Tracklist

1-1 Hollywood Rose Anything Goes  
1-2 Gilby Clarke, Tracii Guns, Kevin Dubrow Welcome To The Jungle  
1-3 Slash (3), Roger Daltrey No More Mr. Nice Guy  
1-4 L.A. Guns Sex Action  
1-5 Gilby Clarke Sweet Child O' Mine  
1-6 Hollywood Rose Killing Time  
1-7 Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum,Steve Jones (2), Billy Duffy Elected  
1-8 L.A. Guns My Michelle  
1-9 Tracii Guns, Gilby Clarke, Fred Coury It's So Easy  
1-10 Hollywood Rose, Teddy Zigzag* Last Cigarette  
1-11 Gilby Clarke, Tracii Guns, Stevie Ranchelle You;re Crazy  
1-12 Guns N' Roses Nice Boys  
2-1 L.A. Guns Pour Some Sugar On Me  
2-2 Hollywood Rose Rocker  
2-3 Bang Tango, Tracii Guns, Gilby Clarke Mr. Brownstone  
2-4 Tracii Guns, Stephen Pearcy Toys In The Attic  
2-5 Hollywood Rose, Mick Taylor Jailbreak  
2-6 Gilby Clarke, Tracii Guns, John Corabi Used To Love Her  
2-7 Slash (3), Tommy Shaw Gypsy  
2-8 L.A. Guns Wanted Dead Or Alive  
2-9 Gilby Clarke, Tracii Guns, John Corabi Patience  
2-10 Gilby Clarke, Tracii Guns, Spike (64) Don't Cry  
2-11 Hollywood Rose Shadow Of Your Love  
2-12 Tracii Guns, Stephen Pearcy Lay It Down

4 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

i am not sure because i never listened to this album but according to the tracklist thats not an accurate description of the album

there are Hollywood Rose tracks on it which are probably by Axl, Izzy, Chris Weber and a (session) drummer (that i cant remember the name)

also Nice Boys is by Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven and its a different version from the Lies version

Also there are 3 tracks recorded over the years with Slash or Duff playing with other people (Elected, No More Mr Nice Guy, Gipsy)

Tracklist

1-1 Hollywood Rose Anything Goes  
1-2 Gilby Clarke, Tracii Guns, Kevin Dubrow Welcome To The Jungle  
1-3 Slash (3), Roger Daltrey No More Mr. Nice Guy  
1-4 L.A. Guns Sex Action  
1-5 Gilby Clarke Sweet Child O' Mine  
1-6 Hollywood Rose Killing Time  
1-7 Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum,Steve Jones (2), Billy Duffy Elected  
1-8 L.A. Guns My Michelle  
1-9 Tracii Guns, Gilby Clarke, Fred Coury It's So Easy  
1-10 Hollywood Rose, Teddy Zigzag* Last Cigarette  
1-11 Gilby Clarke, Tracii Guns, Stevie Ranchelle You;re Crazy  
1-12 Guns N' Roses Nice Boys  
2-1 L.A. Guns Pour Some Sugar On Me  
2-2 Hollywood Rose Rocker  
2-3 Bang Tango, Tracii Guns, Gilby Clarke Mr. Brownstone  
2-4 Tracii Guns, Stephen Pearcy Toys In The Attic  
2-5 Hollywood Rose, Mick Taylor Jailbreak  
2-6 Gilby Clarke, Tracii Guns, John Corabi Used To Love Her  
2-7 Slash (3), Tommy Shaw Gypsy  
2-8 L.A. Guns Wanted Dead Or Alive  
2-9 Gilby Clarke, Tracii Guns, John Corabi Patience  
2-10 Gilby Clarke, Tracii Guns, Spike (64) Don't Cry  
2-11 Hollywood Rose Shadow Of Your Love  
2-12 Tracii Guns, Stephen Pearcy Lay It Down

Seems like they used the Hollywood Rose demo tape, also available here,

Rootsofgnr.jpeg

and fleshed it out with all manner of odds and sods.