World Market buying and selling

Snake-Pit

What would you buy?

How much would you buy?

Where would you buy it?

Where would you sell it?

How would you ship it? (Would shipping cost make you need to buy more to get value of shipping (to fill a refrigerated container probably to the brink for x. amount of currency to ship a perishable). What with companies online like  UShip! operating around the world.. Maybe, if you had a warehouse set up feeding a couple of storefronts....

Why would you buy it/sell it?

Me, I'd probably go to America, buy a nice guitar, after already finding people in the UK with money who want them to sell it at a premium for it being imported. IDK. I might do that with cars too.

Of course, from Holland; DeRuyter milk chocolate hagelslag could do the UK wonders; cheer everybody up; give Cadbury a run for their money; make them maybe release UK cadbury hagelslag or something, IDK, I just know that'll be cool; but I still want it in the UK.

Shipping units oppose to a 1 off product like a car or a guitar... IDK. You'd have to see who can sell it for you, and how to keep the price down but everybody happy.

Edited by Snake-Pit

5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I don't really understand the thread, Snakes.

I like smarties, the chocolate candies from Canada and europe. Can't get them here in the usa

I, in 2004, knew of this small shop in Brixton (in the car park of what is now Jamm Bar) that would sell flags of the world; I wanted to 'when I was out in USA' pick up a load of American flags for cheap or even free, and sell them to him at a markup so he could sell them at his stall/small shop.

It didn't work out but that was an idea I had brewing in me back then too; Which sums up this thread; I feel - See a product that you think'll sell somewhere, and where do you get that product 'and if you know how' how would you get that product to your chosen market?

Edited by Snake-Pit
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I like smarties, the chocolate candies from Canada and europe. Can't get them here in the usa

I love how thats what you got from a thread titled world market buying and selling, 'i like Smarties' :lol:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

10 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

I love how thats what you got from a thread titled world market buying and selling, 'i like Smarties' :lol:

I bought this tonight from Tesco

324014011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=1cb61

£2.00

Smarties Yogurt

18 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

No smarties?? I didn't know that...what's the candy of choice then for 2 - 8 yr olds? That's what they all choose at Halloween here :lol: