New Album Rumors Thread

On 24/08/2016 at 7:34 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Why would there be guests on five/six songs? Seems excessive, unless there next album is going to be called, ''Guns N' Roses and Friends''. 

Maybe dora can join kidding 

On 26/08/2016 at 11:49 AM, Slash787 said:

New Album.......NEVER SAY NEVER.......

Great album name lol

A little over 5 weeks from the end of the AC/DC tour until the beginning of the South American leg of the NITLT...which would be plenty of time to put the finishing touches on tracks or even a full album if a lot of it is already done (according to Axl himself)....and if Slash and Duff have already been working on new songs (reported by multiple sources)....it would be even easier.

So it's really not all that 'far fetched'....especially since Axl has been on overdrive this year....it's the happiest and most focused I've ever seen him...ever.....at least from our (outside) stand point.

Never say never, imo.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Some of those sounds like they could be legit but I doubt it.

There are some similarities, and i would be half-convinced if i could find anything much connecting this Stephen Chesney to Guns. As it stands though, all i found is one relationship he has with a former Guns N' Roses producer. On the other hand, Stephen has, in the past, promoted tools to assist guitarists in sounding like Slash. He is also friends with Chad Atkins, a lead singer for a Guns N' Roses tribute band, and has made rock music with him in the past. So the evidence seems to weigh in favour of these clips being fake. That said, Michael Starr, the lead singer for Steel Panther, commented on one of the clips saying that Axl sounds amazing. So, who knows.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

A little over 5 weeks from the end of the AC/DC tour until the beginning of the South American leg of the NITLT...which would be plenty of time to put the finishing touches on tracks or even a full album if a lot of it is already done (according to Axl himself)....and if Slash and Duff have already been working on new songs (reported by multiple sources)....it would be even easier.

So it's really not all that 'far fetched'....especially since Axl has been on overdrive this year....it's the happiest and most focused I've ever seen him...ever.....at least from our (outside) stand point.

Never say never, imo.

Yeah, this whole year has taught me to "never say never".  If Axl wants to keep the momentum going & has Slash & Duff record while he's touring with AC/DC...I dunno...I just wouldn't place ANYTHING outside the realm of possibilities from here on out.  Really comes down to just how motivated Axl is to get a record out sooner than later.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Some of those sounds like they could be legit but I doubt it.

there is one clip that REALLY sounds like axl

IT REALLY SOUNDS LIKE AXL on the first line (...can see me)

then it sounds like Sebastian Bach for a few lines (anyone can see...)

and then it sounds REALLY like Axl again (they got me...)

I mean THAT HAS GOT TO BE AXL ROSE

My guess is that this is a DUET between Axl and Sebastian

THIS SHIT IS INFECTIOUSLY GOOD

On 24. 8. 2016 at 10:53 PM, default_ said:

According to the Brazilian page Axl Rose Fã-Clube, Guns N' Roses has already started the recording of a new album.

Slash, Duff and the band have done sessions for six tracks which will feature special guests on five of 'em. 
Axl havent recorded vocals yet. 

They say nothing can be set on stone but that they have legit sources into band's HQ. 

Source: http://www.axlrosefaclube.com/2016/06/novo-album-do-guns-n-roses-ja-esta-sendo-produzido/

We had problems with this page before but who knows, right? :lol:

SO they will use 5 sogns from VR before Scott came to the bend (guest Izzy and Matt) , and 7 songs from CD 2 AND 3....works for me ;) 

4 hours ago, ludurigan said:

Funny, this was the only clip I thought sounded like a completely different band. I don't see any signs that it could be Axl although it does sound like Bach on the parts you pointed out.
The guitars does sound a lot like Slash though, so who knows!

3 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Funny, this was the only clip I thought sounded like a completely different band. I don't see any signs that it could be Axl although it does sound like Bach on the parts you pointed out.
The guitars does sound a lot like Slash though, so who knows!

In my opinion, the clip which had the gun and rose on it sounded close to what i would expect of Axl, circa 2016 (providing he continued with the clear voice). Oddly enough, it is the only alleged GN'R clip to have been removed from Stephen's Instagram account...

Regarding the clip you are replying to, i think the latter half sounds somewhat similar to current Axl.

I also hear similarities in the other clips, but i am still not entirely convinced...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ludurigan said:

This is amazing, def not GN'R as I doubt they could still create a song like this, but hey, amazing band... Its not because it isnt GNR that you cant like 'em. 

I was checking out this guy's videos on Youtube, and I found this:

This guy's clearly plagiarizing The Ballad of Death :lol: So he must be a GN'R enthusiast who likes copying GN'R's style... I truly find hard to believe that some people in here think this guy's producing the next GN'R album. and on the top of that, is uploading some snippets on Instagram :facepalm:

• Like 1

On August 25, 2016 at 9:37 PM, Wagszilla said:

Release CD II you fucks. 

Exactly. 

There is supposed to be 15-80 songs in Axl's vault. Pull the trigger, stop sitting on those and share them with your fans!!!!! Put it out in time for Christmas. 

Then release a new album with the regrouping lineup next summer. 

• Like 1

On August 25, 2016 at 2:19 AM, RooSaa said:

I wonder what Slash and Duff are doing while Axl is with AC/DC. They can't commit to a long-term thing because the gap is only two months, so maybe they use the time to be in the studio for GNR ... ? (Wishful thinking on my part)

The most logical scenario is that Axl gave Duff/Slash recordings of his favorite 20 remaining CD leftovers. And told them to dig through them and see if they liked any of it. And if so, work their magic on fhem. 

He probably told them to pick through those songs and come up with brand new songs on their own. 

Then present him with their 14 favorites when the ACDC is over. 

Axl will take those 14 songs, wrote lyrics for the ones that need lyrics. Then spend a week in the studio recording vocals for whatever ones need vocals. 

The band will get together and record three music videos  

New album will be out in in January or February 2017. The world tour will support that album. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, default_ said:

This is amazing, def not GN'R as I doubt they could still create a song like this, but hey, amazing band... Its not because it isnt GNR that you cant like 'em. 

Thats the clip! Its gnr. If that isnt Axl and Slash ill be dammed

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ludurigan said:

This one sounds A LOT like other leaks we heard before (i.e. Jackie Chan). I'm not sure I'm listening to Sebastian Bach here but anything is possible. I've always wondered why Axl got kind of nervous when he was asked about more duets with Baz during the China Exchange talk and why Baz has not been talking lengths about GNR like he used to. It is a silence similar to that of Adler's since reunion shows took place.

As for these clips being around and fake or not removed by GNR, well, that's the intention and that's how you promote things nowadays. If these clips were removed that would be a confirmation they are real. Before the reunion announcement similar things happened online, just remember the amount of clues, comments, cryptic messages and speculation from a wide variety of sources that we've got and lots of us didn't believe them.

Also with Axl joining AC/DC most people here said it was the biggest lie on earth. Even when Ross Young posted on his Facebook, no one believed him. It all came out to be true.

We just have to wait a bit. I think most of these things are legit and they are preparing ground for a release.

17 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Everything is rumors and speculation at this point BUT I am convinced the 4th clip in the locked thread is a new GNR song with Axl and Slash. If it isnt, its the best fake I have ever heard. 

I gotta agree. The lyrics seem like something Axl would write. And the way they flow sounds like him. And that's some world class guitar playing with Slash's tone.

Guerrilla social media promotion again?

Stay of Execution starts now???