New Album Rumors Thread

51 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Thanks. It sounds like the part afterwards is the 'patronize' line which is in another clip without any background instrumentals.

yeah, and that part sucks hahahahaha

i cant understand anything they are saying

do you understand all the lyrics?

can you transcribe them?

On September 3, 2016 at 1:20 PM, Live Like a Suicide said:

This is the tribute band involving Chad Atkins, the likely singer we are hearing in these clips:

Note that the first line sounds similar to how it is sung in one of the clips on Stephen's Instagram.

Other clips:

Granted, they don't sound the exact same, but the clips aren't perfect either.

He's not bad, but he's trying really really hard to pull off the voice. The fat Mexican guy has Axl's natural voice, but the fact English is not his first language is a dead giveaway that it's not Axl. Different pronunciations, etc. Otherwise he's phenomenal and the closest thing to Axl I've ever heard. There was also a guy in the tribute band "UK Guns N Roses" back in the day who was pretty incredible too, although a bit more nasally than Axl.

Regardless, Axl is pretty much one of the hardest vocalists for people to cover. Whole lot of shitty Axl tribute singers out there, lol. Kinda sad but also goes to show how unique his voice is. 

Edited by GNRfan2008

2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

yeah, and that part sucks hahahahaha

i cant understand anything they are saying

do you understand all the lyrics?

can you transcribe them?

It's the best i can do:

'If you can see me,

I didn't want you to see,

If you know who i am,

Why am i out on the street?,

They got me tied up, put away,

But i don't egress and grasp the day,

Yeah, i can take it back in a [ineligible],

Oh, Patronize me all you can,

I'm fucked up, out to dry,

I can't stop, gotta lose my mind.'

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

11 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It's the best i can do:

'If you can see me,

I didn't want you to see,

If you know who i am,

Why am i out on the street?,

They got me tied up, put away,

But i don't egress and grasp the day,

Yeah, i can take it back in a [ineligible],

Oh, Patronize me all you can,

I'm fucked up, out to dry,

I can't stop, gotta lose my mind.'

thanks!

Well, this Steven chesney guy did't claim that these clips are from new GNR songs. But with getting this positive feedback in the comments, he should have said s.th.like "thank you, this is from my band, called xxx. We will release this stuff soon, glad you enjoyed my work...etc." just to promote his music. But he didn't. That's weired...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stephenchesneymusic said:

Hey, this is not GNR. Just me and some friends! I have a couple of songs I've been working on for fun! i will release it next year or not haha :P

preview
https://mega.nz/#!KUwxjSKQ!xqRxabTpwEgTJHMez7QxmIQM3Pp-K_uZzbGZsJpuL6Q

Can't wait to hear the full thing dude! Sounds really good!

• Like 2

Hey, this is not GNR. Just me and some friends! I have a couple of songs I've been working on for fun! i will release it next year or not haha :P

preview

You guys are so good with the GNR sound that you even fooled some of us, so congrats on that :D. And your previews sound great.

11 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

He's not bad, but he's trying really really hard to pull off the voice. The fat Mexican guy has Axl's natural voice, but the fact English is not his first language is a dead giveaway that it's not Axl. Different pronunciations, etc. Otherwise he's phenomenal and the closest thing to Axl I've ever heard. There was also a guy in the tribute band "UK Guns N Roses" back in the day who was pretty incredible too, although a bit more nasally than Axl.

Regardless, Axl is pretty much one of the hardest vocalists for people to cover. Whole lot of shitty Axl tribute singers out there, lol. Kinda sad but also goes to show how unique his voice is. 

I've never though Juan sounds anything like Axl other than he has a bit of that scratchy-rasp that a lot of singers have. 

If you listen to Juan singing songs by other bands (and using his rasp) you wouldn't say "that sounds like Axl singing a Wasp song."

Just my opinion. Nobody get mad. 

preview

hey do us all a favor and write that on your instagram account

anyone can have created an account with your name here and said whatever

• Like 1

These songs reminds me of songs Like "don't damn me" or "back off bitch" or even "Oh my God", these ones ( oh my god not that much honestly) had a great sound and attitude and I liked and still like to listen ocasionally a lot,  but these were not major hits which could bring a record success. On the other hand this is exactly the sound I would like to hear of Guns on new record. Therefore I'm looking forward for this release who ever records it I wil love to listen and enjoy to it if it holds the energy, sound and attitude we all hear on these short clips. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ludurigan said:

hey do us all a favor and write that on your instagram account

anyone can have created an account with your name here and said whatever

This. He just posted another on his instagram 15 minutes ago with the usual hashtags. Added some van halen ones this time though. 

6 hours ago, stephenchesneymusic said:

preview

Thanks for clarifying the situation! Nevertheless, you guys sound great and i can't wait to hear more!

I don't post here very often, but wanted to pass this along.   I reached out to Stephen via instagram, and he, apparently, did not post to mygnrforum. I had commented on one of his insta posts thanking him for "setting the record straight" that the track was not gnr. You'll see his responses, via direct message, below:

image_zpsw2xjm4cr.png

image_zps790eigqy.png

Having said that, he is definitely the originator of the track (meaning the original online source was his instagram)....but he's not commenting on exactly what it is or who it's from at this point.

Edited by pilferk
  • Like 3