Not In This Lifetime DVD/Blu Ray rumor thread

On August 25, 2016 at 1:05 PM, BreakDown2014 said:

CONFIRMED! LIVE DVD COMING OUT THIS YEAR. Lol.

Just to show there's plenty of pro shot stuff that just ends up in the vault...  (and to remember how good Axl sounded 10 years ago compared to these days)

It's actually happening?!?! Holy shit!!

43 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I have a feeling it will be released by the end of this year.

Christmas time. 

That's my guess as well. I have absolutely no solid info, but I have to guess that we'll get a blu-ray/DVD and hopefully a live album to go along with it. An entire new album is of course what everyone wants, but I don't see that coming this year at least. What I'd really like is for the live album to at least have some studio versions of the CD tracks Duff & Slash have been playing on as bonus tracks.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's my guess as well. I have absolutely no solid info, but I have to guess that we'll get a blu-ray/DVD and hopefully a live album to go along with it. An entire new album is of course what everyone wants, but I don't see that coming this year at least. What I'd really like is for the live album to at least have some studio versions of the CD tracks Duff & Slash have been playing on as bonus tracks.

Even Im guessing and no solid info, but IF they release a DVD this year, then chances are that it will be either the 2 NY shows OR the 2 LA shows.

I doubt there would be any bonus studio tracks.

Even I don't see a studio album coming out this year, but my instinct tells me that it should be released by mid 2017, but well you never know in the world of GNR. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Studio tracks on a live album? À la Kiss Alive II?

Just now, RussTCB said:

No, I meant the whole live show then bonus tracks of new versions of the CD stuff. 

Oh. I thought you meant new studio songs. I wouldn't buy remade cd songs - would the live album not contain five or so anyway? I think they should just draw a line over that whole CD era. Two new songs on the end of the live album however would make it a very enticing package.

On 8/27/2016 at 0:22 PM, RussTCB said:

heres to hoping cause this would be great

I don't see anything coming out until this full touring cycle is over. The money is in concert ticket sales, and you have potential to lose some sales if you do a live release mid-tour of the current tour. It's almost always how live releases work nowadays for any artist. 

The full touring cycle will end in 2017, no way they will delay a DVD till 2018. Anything can happen in the world of GNR, but my instincts tell me that we will have a DVD by the end of this year or early 2017 and a new album by mid to late 2017. 

19 hours ago, Slash787 said:

The full touring cycle will end in 2017, no way they will delay a DVD till 2018. Anything can happen in the world of GNR, but my instincts tell me that we will have a DVD by the end of this year or early 2017 and a new album by mid to late 2017. 

I'm in the camp that believes we'll get at least a live album prior to Christmas, but if that's gonna happen I would expect some sort of promotion to start sooner than later.

I  hope they compile the best performances of each song spanning the entire tour to capture Axl's best performance of each.. Normally I would like a live DVD to be a complete show but that may not be in their best interest in 2016. Back in the day it would have for sure  for sure..

No rumour here, but I'm with the other posters wanting a Troubadour release. Let's face it, there's fairly decent footage recorded from every show of every song, except Trouby (where we only have 10 minutes of total footage). Everyone knows who GnR are, they don't need to release the biggest show to prove a point like other bands do, show the one everyone wants to see! Throw this out, and have extras of songs they didn't play from some other shows, and they're gonna get everyone's cash