Not In This Lifetime DVD/Blu Ray rumor thread

3 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I still hope they release the best versions of the songs in the order they were mostly played

they could also sell each individual show. That would be cool to own the shows you attended

Some bands did or do that, you have to pay around $10 and after a week, they release the audio from the show. 

2 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I still hope they release the best versions of the songs in the order they were mostly played

they could also sell each individual show. That would be cool to own the shows you attended

I've always said they could do that with pretty much every show from every tour and make a TON of cash. 

• 10 months later...
On September 1, 2016 at 0:25 PM, Słash said:

Some bands did or do that, you have to pay around $10 and after a week, they release the audio from the show. 

Pearl Jam has done that for quite some time (and I believe still does). Metallica definitely still does it. Other than not being pleased with the product or finding it up to par, I'm not sure what the risk is to the bands. The cost of producing these has to be close to zero and even if you get 5% of the audience for every show to buy it, it probably generates more revenue than a proper live album. 

• Like 1

They are definetely planning, at the least, a DVD for the NITL tour. 

Brett Ratner was scheduled to shoot the Dodger Stadium shows last august but fell out a week or so prior due to internal issues at his film financing entity. 

If I had to guess they're going to do a docu-series on the band using all the Illusions era footage that Axl owns. 

That would be a global docu series that Netflix, Amazon, etc would chase. 

I know about Brett with second hand certainty. 

I work in the film/TV biz and am guessing that they're smart enough to make a docu-series. That is in no way shape or form confirmed - just my suspicion. 

On September 1, 2016 at 2:01 PM, RussTCB said:

I've always said they could do that with pretty much every show from every tour and make a TON of cash. 

Just like Metallica. Live recording of every show available for download or on cd. GNR needs to do thi$.

8 hours ago, Joeypeeps said:

Just like Metallica. Live recording of every show available for download or on cd. GNR needs to do thi$.

Metallica can do that because they are signed to their own label. GNR are still signed with Geffen/Universal and that's why they can't!

Edited by youngswedishvinyl

17 hours ago, goneshootin said:

Pearl Jam has done that for quite some time (and I believe still does). Metallica definitely still does it. Other than not being pleased with the product or finding it up to par, I'm not sure what the risk is to the bands. The cost of producing these has to be close to zero and even if you get 5% of the audience for every show to buy it, it probably generates more revenue than a proper live album. 

Slash did something similar on his 2012 tour I think.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

There's no logical reason for not doing it. 

The main reason, I think, would be for legal reasons, when the band is signed to a label is pretty hard to release what essentially is 2 live albums every week.

And then they also play a lot of covers, how would the original artists get their royalties? Would someone at Geffen manage all of that?

All of that makes me think that the problem is that GNR is signed to Geffen/Universal and that they aren't independent like Metallica for example.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

The main reason, I think, would be for legal reasons, when the band is signed to a label is pretty hard to release what essentially is 2 live albums every week.

And then they also play a lot of covers, how would the original artists get their royalties? Would someone at Geffen manage all of that?

All of that makes me think that the problem is that GNR is signed to Geffen/Universal and that they aren't independent like Metallica for example.

In all honestly Axl doesn't always sound too good. That is one of the biggest obstacles of releasing every show.. Their best bet is putting together a kick ass best of all performances Blu Ray.

• Like 1