Iggy Pop talks about Guns n Roses

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

Its not working for me, I din't know you were a member here too, good to see you here man. 

Iggy knows what he's saying. I'm not sure though about the working class aspect, at least there wasn't intention on GnR's part to represent the working class. I think it was more that GnR's emergence coincided with the decadence of the individualistic mentality of the Reagan era; GnR expressed the dark side of that .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Iggy knows what he's saying. I'm not sure though about the working class aspect, at least there wasn't intention on GnR's part to represent the working class. I think it was more that GnR's emergence coincided with the decadence of the individualistic mentality of the Reagan era; GnR expressed the dark side of that .

I'm not sure they gave a fuck about appealing to anybody at the start, that was part of the appeal!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

One of the most insightful, perceptive, and surprising interviews I have ever heard. Thank you for sharing. There should be an interview thread where stuff like this and other cool stuff can be shared.

44 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Hes not talking about intention, hes talking about the last days of a market that was existed where you had a blue collar audience for whom music mattered somewhat.  He's talking about what existed there before a cultural shift.

40 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

One of the most insightful, perceptive, and surprising interviews I have ever heard. Thank you for sharing. There should be an interview thread where stuff like this and other cool stuff can be shared.

You should hear his John Peel lecture, its lengthy but rewarding.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1