1988 Donington Tee from Official Store

I noticed the official store has a "from the vaults" section with some old school shirts. I noticed the 1988 Donnington tee... but it doesn't show the back side of the shirt on the site. I'm wondering if anyone has purchased this and can confirm whether or not it has the "Gnr was here" and tour dates on the back, or is it just blank? I really want this shirt but only if it includes the back side. pics included for reference.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by nevergotochurch

well, now I'm not sure if I should buy it or not. if it at least has the photo on the back without the dates, as described by @filthandthefury, I could settle for that... but @-W.A.R- pointed out that the shirts with a backside on the site have a photo showing it... and this one doesn't... so I'm nervous about ordering it. I wish they were selling this shirt at the Arlington/Dallas show... but I didn't see it. Maybe they had sold out by the time I got there (around 7pm). hmmmmmm what to do, what to do....

1 hour ago, nevergotochurch said:

well, now I'm not sure if I should buy it or not. if it at least has the photo on the back without the dates, as described by @filthandthefury, I could settle for that... but @-W.A.R- pointed out that the shirts with a backside on the site have a photo showing it... and this one doesn't... so I'm nervous about ordering it. I wish they were selling this shirt at the Arlington/Dallas show... but I didn't see it. Maybe they had sold out by the time I got there (around 7pm). hmmmmmm what to do, what to do....

to whiskeys credit i have also seen the one hes mentioned and its likely the same shirt.

what don't you shoot them an email asking if there is a back print 

• Like 1

I don't see how anyone might think it would be cool to wear that shirt. No offense, but the awful banned cover + the dark memories of Donington 88 make thissimply unwearable.

Edited by EvH
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, EvH said:

I don't see how anyone might think it would be cool to wear that shirt. No offense, but the awful banned cover + the dark memories of Donington 88 make thissimply unwearable.

I mostly agree. But I had a shirt pretty similar (I think probably identical) to the one in the pics in the OP. I wish they had either left the original cities on there or left Donington off. Definitely in poor taste. But fuck it. Most dangerous. I was at a show on there a week before it, all GA. It was nuts. It coulda been us. I don't wear it to be a smart ass, believe me.

I guess that some people would find it appealing due to the controversial aspect of the shirt and others due to collectability. When you have the original shirt selling in excess of $200 this re-issue would seem like a good investment.

16 hours ago, Boo said:

I guess that some people would find it appealing due to the controversial aspect of the shirt and others due to collectability. When you have the original shirt selling in excess of $200 this re-issue would seem like a good investment.

ehh a reprint will never reach the level of an original

i'd be surprised if you could get your $40 back in 20 years 

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 11:27 AM, -W.A.R- said:

ehh a reprint will never reach the level of an original

i'd be surprised if you could get your $40 back in 20 years 

It would depend on their availability.

• 1 month later...

I received my shirts the other day and they do not have the print on the rear of the tee. The Merchbar customer service department has been contacted and they are yet to come back to me with a resolution. Merchbar have also changed the image on their site to front only.

1 hour ago, Boo said:

I received my shirts the other day and they do not have the print on the rear of the tee. The Merchbar customer service department has been contacted and they are yet to come back to me with a resolution. Merchbar have also changed the image on their site to front only.

Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks for the update - I was considering getting my husband one of these as he attended Donnington that year but no point if the rear print is missing.