Appetite for Democracy 3D

19 minutes ago, cremefraiche said:

LOL

Which song is this during?

It's at the end of the Patience solo. DJ(tm) is just making an ass of himself with his pick scrapes and what not. Axl looks at him and yells "LIVING THE DREAM!" then Axl and Ron openly laugh at DJ(tm).

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's at the end of the Patience solo. DJ(tm) is just making an ass of himself with his pick scrapes and what not. Axl looks at him and yells "LIVING THE DREAM!" then Axl and Ron openly laugh at DJ(tm).

Funnier moment than the old ones :P

• Like 1

It's not that good, but I don't hate it. I still think it's kind of cool that lineup got an official release of some sort, especially since it was the first gnr lineup I saw in concert. Yeah, they should have released a 2010 show or another show from 2011-2014. Could have been worse, though. I think it would have been way better to have a normal arena show released instead of the smaller and cheesier Vegas stage.

Still, Axl isn't awful overall. He isnt really good, but it's not a rio 2011, bridge school, or Golden Gods show. It has a good setlist, is a really long show, and the camera angles are good. I head the 3d is very good, too.

The laughing at DJ, vegas and font graphics, and fake confetti effects are cringe, though.

I give it a 6 or 6.5 out of 10 and I'm sure that show was good enough in person. Still can't believe the thing exists after the Rockfuel crap and the fact that it's a live NuGNR release. That in itself is cool.

8 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It was bad. As much as we tried to support Barry, rockfuel and the release by promoting it here - the performance just wasn't up to scratch. I thought it was well shot and well edited from what I actually saw though.

3 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

It was bad. As much as we tried to support Barry, rockfuel and the release by promoting it here - the performance just wasn't up to scratch. I thought it was well shot and well edited from what I actually saw though.

Haha

3:37+ in the above. Ashba plays a hilariously offkey solo and (I'm certain) Stinson shouts something like, ''that was fuckin shit'' in his ear.

14 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

What if I told you when this was released we'd be getting Axl singing while Duff and Slash played guitar in less than two years!

Amazing.

Edited by Reclamation Project
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Reclamation Project said:

I'll be honest, I couldn't make it past the trailer...

Literally everything about the Not in This Lifetime Tour is much better than this haha

Like even Axl's screams in LALD have had a ton more power to them this year, let alone going into DJ's Patience solo and the general vibe of the band overall.  This whole era is partly why I was ready to stop following GNR completely, but then the reunion rumors started coming around and I fell back in love with GNR this year

What's all the fuzz about? The movie ain't that bad.

sure it got it's low moments, but i have seen consert movies that is waaay more shit than this one;)

btw... It got one of the best recorded versions of the seeker:smiley-confused2::lol: yep...

Edited by dally

People just rag on it cuz it's NuGuns.

I like the way everyone pretends that Axl has completely transformed as a singer since 2011-14 just because he's playing with Slash again. He sounds identical now to how he did back then. No different. This I Love is not a completely different song just because Slash improvs some bluesy licks where Ashba used to be. I literally lol my ass off everytime I see some douche say about how they suddenly like the Chinese Democracy songs in the set now that Slash has improved them. Facepalm everytime.

And I miss Ron Thal in Guns N Roses. The man is a fucking beast. The only reason he isn't there instead of Fortus is because Ron, unlike Richard, could run rings around Slash any given day. I'm not saying that as a slight against Slash, GNR is HIS band and he belongs there. But lets call a spade a spade and there is a reason why Richard was chosen to stay over Ron.

The DVD itself isn't too bad. November Rain sounds horrid and Estranged and This I Love are patchy at best. Axl can't pull off the big ballads like he used to. But he nails Civil War and Nightrain and I quite like the performance of Catcher In The Rye.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

People just rag on it cuz it's NuGuns.

I like the way everyone pretends that Axl has completely transformed as a singer since 2011-14 just because he's playing with Slash again. He sounds identical now to how he did back then. No different. This I Love is not a completely different song just because Slash improvs some bluesy licks where Ashba used to be. I literally lol my ass off everytime I see some douche say about how they suddenly like the Chinese Democracy songs in the set now that Slash has improved them. Facepalm everytime.

And I miss Ron Thal in Guns N Roses. The man is a fucking beast. The only reason he isn't there instead of Fortus is because Ron, unlike Richard, could run rings around Slash any given day. I'm not saying that as a slight against Slash, GNR is HIS band and he belongs there. But lets call a spade a spade and there is a reason why Richard was chosen to stay over Ron.

The DVD itself isn't too bad. November Rain sounds horrid and Estranged and This I Love are patchy at best. Axl can't pull off the big ballads like he used to. But he nails Civil War and Nightrain and I quite like the performance of Catcher In The Rye.

LOL

• Like 1